• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I really, really want to learn Peach. I just don't know how.

FlamingUmbreon

Smash Rookie
There doesn't seem to be much of a real distinctive guide, it seems? I mean sure youtube and smashboards are helpful, but I just honestly don't know. I play Sheik and Jigglypuff, and I'm trying to main either Peach or Ike now, but I would much rather Peach since she seems more how I play. I like Peach because she seems to be in between my other mains, Sheik and Jigglypuff, since she's stronger than jigglypuff but slower than Sheik, but has great air speed like jigglypuff, and is technical like Sheik.

Sorry if this is in the wrong board or will get locked or something, I'm honestly just clueless as to where to start. :(

Jakkun

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5069-4413-4635
I feel you, friend. For me, I main Robin, and I've been considering picking up Peach due to their shared technicality and Item usage (her Turnips as opposed to Robin's Tomes).

Im currently watching Dark.Pch's tutorial vids on his channel, here's part 1 for you if you're interested.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BdVqEhRIfk

ElementUser

Smash Cadet
Honestly, a lot of it has to do with Practice & just playing lots in general. After you get a feel for how her moves work, you can then lab for the feel of stringing together her moves and then knowing the range & end lag of her moves more closely, plus autocancel windows and stuff.

The reason she requires a lot of practice is largely because of her float mechanic and all the tricks you can do with it. Even the simple stuff requires situational awareness & decision making to use it effectively.

UIFlames

Smash Rookie
In all honesty, learning peach is mostly around practice and labbing as ElementUser said. One thing to think about is item play and spacing.

Utilize her turnips to your best advantage, it's a nice tool to cover recovery options, as well as gimping those characters with very linear recoveries (such as doc, ike, falcon, etc.) Other tools she has that are great options is floating a bit above short hop height and using d-air in order to put out an annoying hitbox to prevent approaches.

Her d-tilt is also super nice for roll reads and it sends the opponent at a decent height for you to continue the string with a float u-air or b-air.

Again, just play around with her and find what suits you best. She's got great options and can be used in many different ways.

Hope this helps!

Last edited:

Diogo Rivers

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1177-8141-2154
I think one of the mentalities people need to have when playing peach is that you need to play in a more defensive manner. spacing is really important, mastering the float, going in for the damage when it's sure to be hit-confirmed, having a good turnip and pressure game... peach is not easy, at all really, and requires a lot of practice - but she sure is a lot of fun. i mostly lab a lot and then play against others to see what works/what doesn't. but don't give up!

Top Bottom