• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I really need some online training partners

Claire Redfield

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lara_Redfield
I need a ZSS expert to help me out. I've studied videos. I've tried practicing a ton. I really try to apply theory and improve my game even in the middle of a fight. And yet, online I can barely win. Everyone either plays super cowardly (one person sticks back and just launches projectiles, the other spams the cheapest possible moves so that it's impossible to approach) in team battle or I'm simply overmatched in 1 on 1. I feel like I can't learn anything. It's frustrating, and all the more so because I used to be really good at Smash against all my friends, once upon a time. Now it seems like I can't beat the gimmicks and the cowards and it's really frustrating, even without lag or inexplicably unresponsive moves.

ZSS is my favorite and I want to get really good with her, but I'm not sure how to take this up to the next level. So I really need some people to play with, to fight against, who can study my fighting and give me some tips. I'm sick of getting slapped around.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I hear you. Remember - Ganbarou
I believe in you.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Is this via Wii U or 3DS? I'm sending in mines today for repairs so I can't help you on practicing unless you got a 3DS. You said you learned most of the things about her, which is good.

However, no offense, I feel like you play aggressively. This leads to things like being unable to punish anyone that avoids you. Leads to impatience, in which you might end up getting hit by something that shouldn't have hit you. The way you word it makes it sound like that. I want to know how you play though. I could go for some matches right now if you want.

Last edited:

Claire Redfield

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lara_Redfield
It's on Wii U. How would you know if I play aggressively? That's a good guess, I mean. I probably do, but then, playing conservatively doesn't seem to work. It was my problem with Chun-Li in SFIV, too, another finesse-based fighter. Once I learned to time things right and read better, react better, I won a lot with Chun.

I suppose I can try to cool it off, be a little more patient. ZSS isn't really about hitting hard, but hitting at the right time, I guess. Hm. I could definitely use some training and tips, though.

Ooh, and I just tried playing it a little slower and it seemed to work a bit better. Well, I'll keep practicing, and as soon as you get your Wii U back, please add me. Anyone here who wants to add me, my NNID is Lara_Redfield. Please, add me and I'm always up for playing.

Last edited:

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
ZSS isn't really about hitting hard, but hitting at the right time, I guess.
There you go. With ZSS you observe and take the advantage, not take over it. You look for open spots and use them. This is pretty much where I start to take more action and go aggro while being cautious. If they're no longer pressured, you have to go back to finding those open spots again?

Duck Hunt Dog using Down Special on ground? Run and grab him, he's helpless as he makes that move. The shooter won't hit you if you're fast enough to make a throw. Link using his special side? Special down and aim right at him at the moment you think he'll use it. Boom, instant punish. She has great mobility to do this. You go in for the kill.

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
Oh ZSSamus hits hard, harder than most characters if you let her. Thing is you shouldn't play too aggressively because she has to work for those hard hit situations. Imagine her as the opposite of Sheik.
Sheik has no trouble setting up an advantage but her payoff is low because she has trouble killing.
ZSS neutral game isn't as good as Sheik but when you let her, she will mow her garden with your teeth.
That's why in all those videos where she can move freely she looks really flashy but she's so hard to just pick up in the competitive scene.

Duzzzyy

Sing me your lullaby~
NNID
Duzzzyy
I wouldn't mind a ZSSamus sparring partner, I too am learning her and currently growing my playstyle with her and would love to play with another ZSSamus player and maybe find some new things I could incorporate into my play and help some out myself. I'm not the best player though in case you'd want someone more experienced.

NNID is Duzzzyy in case you're interested, I sent a request.

Last edited:

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
I wouldn't mind a ZSSamus sparring partner, I too am learning her and currently growing my playstyle with her and would love to play with another ZSSamus player and maybe find some new things I could incorporate into my play and help some out myself. I'm not the best player though in case you'd want someone more experienced.

NNID is Duzzzyy in case you're interested.
where do you live?

Oh Snap

Smash Ace
NNID
iSwallow
I need a ZSS expert to help me out. I've studied videos. I've tried practicing a ton. I really try to apply theory and improve my game even in the middle of a fight. And yet, online I can barely win. Everyone either plays super cowardly (one person sticks back and just launches projectiles, the other spams the cheapest possible moves so that it's impossible to approach) in team battle or I'm simply overmatched in 1 on 1. I feel like I can't learn anything. It's frustrating, and all the more so because I used to be really good at Smash against all my friends, once upon a time. Now it seems like I can't beat the gimmicks and the cowards and it's really frustrating, even without lag or inexplicably unresponsive moves.

ZSS is my favorite and I want to get really good with her, but I'm not sure how to take this up to the next level. So I really need some people to play with, to fight against, who can study my fighting and give me some tips. I'm sick of getting slapped around.
I hear you.

I've been transitioning from the GC controller to the GamePad and haven't been playing Smash for nearly 4 years. ZSS is not an easy character to play effectively. But practice makes perfect! I've noticed that my game and win rate has improved since hitting the training room. Try out her combos-- get a feel for the character. I personally believe that it's a priority for ZSS mains to learn UpB. It's a tricky move, but it can kill as early as 30%!

There's a lot of spammers online-- and I've found that after you dissect their "pattern" they become easier to deal with. Make reads and punish accordingly. Luckily for ZSS, she's fast and has quite a few tools at her disposal including a projectile of her own. Personally, I try to make my opponents come for me by using her neutralB, sideB, and Zair. Once I get them in the air or off the stage... that's when I go ape****.

The shield button and rolling is also a good thing. LOL. The best offense is a good defense. I'm still working on spot dodging and OOS UpB. But yeah. Keep practicing!

I'm available to play. Add me!

I live in Canada, btw.

Last edited:

Duzzzyy

Sing me your lullaby~
NNID
Duzzzyy
Since I'm in Germany we could try and see if our matches are lag free.
We are also in the same time zone.
But I warn you, I still suck.
From what I've gathered based on seeing your posts your knowledge about Zamus is still ahead of mine, but always worth a shot and hopefully the games will be good and progress will be made for both.

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
From what I've gathered based on seeing your posts your knowledge about Zamus is still ahead of mine, but always worth a shot and hopefully the games will be good and progress will be made for both.
You overestimate me, I lack any form of practice against non casual players. Gathering data is one thing but using it consistently is on another level. I'll add you when I'm home from Uni.

Freak Ability 6

Smash Rookie
Now sure if this is late or not, but i wouldn't mind playing with you.

My zss is more of a hot/cold strategy. I do have some tricks and combos I could share. Some of the problems I have if setting up for a kill sometimes, but I do alright on For Glory, however i also main Ness and Marth.

Cancel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Diaz30
If you guys want to play or practice just add me ill be wiling to play with you guys.

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
I'm throwing myself in as well, if someone feels like adding me he/she can do so. But remember that I live in Germany meaning the closer the better. Americans have unbearable lag against me most of the time.

Claire Redfield

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lara_Redfield
What do you mean? Playing Smash on the Wii U. If you mean where I'm from, I'm in the Pacific Northwest. Washington State, actually. Definitely need some fun, friendly players to train with. There are lots of good players online, but they're not always friendly, and it's hard to learn from them once they go away forever.

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
What do you mean? Playing Smash on the Wii U. If you mean where I'm from, I'm in the Pacific Northwest. Washington State, actually. Definitely need some fun, friendly players to train with. There are lots of good players online, but they're not always friendly, and it's hard to learn from them once they go away forever.
Ahh goobers. Connection to Germany from Freedomland is awful sadly.

Kamo.

Smash Apprentice
I'm not sure if I'll be able to teach you anything new, but I get on wifi pretty often so if you're just looking for another person to play, you can go ahead and add me.

Proxy13

Smash Rookie
I have no clue how to find my NNID (I play on my friend's wii u), but I'll start adding people on this thread. I'm nowhere near real competitive level play but I want to get better. I"ll post my NNID once I find out once it is :/

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
I'm no ZSS "master", but if anybody wants a Falcon training partner, my 3DS friend code is on the left.

Last edited:

Valciar

Smash Rookie
NNID
Valciar
Hey there! I'm a Sheik and Luigi main if you ever want to play, I'm currently looking for scrim partners as well. My NNID is JSingh412, hit me up :D

Claire Redfield

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lara_Redfield
Bump! I need some help with practicing. Particularly from an expert ZSS player, because I feel like I'm struggling with some things. Getting her bread-and-butter to work reliably is part of it. Anyone interested?

chris1855

Smash Cadet
NNID
mario1855
Bump! I need some help with practicing. Particularly from an expert ZSS player, because I feel like I'm struggling with some things. Getting her bread-and-butter to work reliably is part of it. Anyone interested?
I could help though the only way to prove myself would be through clips. Tbh I don't really have much to learn with her at this point.
My NNID: mario1855

And you can decide if I'm good enough. Also I did post my guide. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4W07em_NSM

chris1855

Smash Cadet
NNID
mario1855
Oh ZSSamus hits hard, harder than most characters if you let her. Thing is you shouldn't play too aggressively because she has to work for those hard hit situations. Imagine her as the opposite of Sheik.
Sheik has no trouble setting up an advantage but her payoff is low because she has trouble killing.
ZSS neutral game isn't as good as Sheik but when you let her, she will mow her garden with your teeth.
That's why in all those videos where she can move freely she looks really flashy but she's so hard to just pick up in the competitive scene.
actually I try to be aggressive as possible with her. Higher risk but higher reward

Claire Redfield

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lara_Redfield
Sure. I think I added you, or someone else added me. You don't have to prove yourself, though. I could just use some help. Playing with randoms online is laggy and difficult to learn from as a result, but I need to practice against live human opponents, and ones who can give me some pointers are even better.

chris1855

Smash Cadet
NNID
mario1855
when are you free?

Smeefy

Smash Cadet
NNID
Smeefed
I need help with my zss as well I just picked her back up after needing a couple main with pikachu.

20FU

Smash Rookie
Not sure if this thread is alive but add me: TheLoneKid
I used to main diddy, but there's just something about ZSS that is calling for me. Would love to lab it out with other fellow ZSS friends

Last edited:
Top Bottom