• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I really love one detail about K.Rool.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I love how he gallops like an actual crocodile for his dash.

It's something I never would have thought of but it's so cool.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It actually fits in more with the current Donkey Kong interpretation.

K Rool has intelligence, but he's still animalistic and that's how he can have a rivalry with a group of gorillas, lol.

It actually fits in more with the current Donkey Kong interpretation.

K Rool has intelligence, but he's still animalistic and that's how he can have a rivalry with a group of gorillas, lol.
Right. He steals all their giant bananas for no reason but to provoke them. Next thing you know, they're on a rampage crushing every other croc in their way just so they can jump on his head until he faints (probably from a severe concussion).

You bet he's a real/dumb crocodile :p

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
That really surprised me, and I love it.

His crocodile-style walking and the fact they didn't forget to represent DCK3 in his moveset makes me so happy. DKC~3 was my childish.

Now give me Dixie.

KingZing

Smash Journeyman
Same here! Really emphasizes his insane and savage nature in contrast with his cunning and clever personality.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I love how he gallops like an actual crocodile for his dash.

It's something I never would have thought of but it's so cool.
I love his run animation as well..

But there is no such phrase as "gallops like an actual crocodile."
Real Crocodiles do not gallop... and there is nothing about how they run that could make that phrase any more than a huge creative interpretation.

Last edited:

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
All of his animations are shaping up to be amazing.

Watch his facial expressions as he's using the blunderbuss: he looks devious AF. This magnificent ******* is up to no good and he damn wells knows it!

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
It's an interesting way of making him feel like a foil to DK, while also creating interesting parallels with Ridley. First found it little weird, but now, it's just damn kool. :yeahboi:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Im so glad to have the creators so active in our twitterverse

Last edited:

Paint_B

Smash Cadet
I really love his render and the scars on his body. They really did him justice!

Empty Number

Smash Journeyman
Right. He steals all their giant bananas for no reason but to provoke them. Next thing you know, they're on a rampage crushing every other croc in their way just so they can jump on his head until he faints (probably from a severe concussion).

You bet he's a real/dumb crocodile :p
I know you're joking, but Crocodilians are one of the most intelligent groups of reptiles - possibly the most intelligent. They display social behavior, social hierarchies, long term care for their young, and some species have even been observed innovating new hunting strategies to take advantage of the seasonal behavior of their prey. See This article on crocodilians using tools.
...Therefore, deliberate collection and employment of sticks by the crocodylians seems most likely (Dinets et al. 2013): it seems that they are practising baiting behaviour, whereby predators use objects in order to get potential prey to closely approach and hence become easier to catch. Even better, they are seemingly only practicing this baiting behaviour during a specific part of the year.
They're pretty amazing creatures and very fitting arch enemies for a troupe of apes and monkeys!

Last edited:
Top Bottom