• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I really hope Sakurai is paying attention to Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl

MasterCheef

Smash Ace
Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl is looking really good. Even though i personally find the majority of Nickelodeon exceptionally distasteful i am becoming quite impressed with this game.

top things i want to see implemented

being able to turn on the ground and in Midair.

being able to lock in the position you are facing.

air dashes replace air dodges.

No air grabs though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXiOWSKPDG8

Last edited:

Quillion

Smash Hero
It certainly is going to stand out a lot from Smash, especially with the presence of aerial and dash "lights and strongs". Oddly, there doesn't seem to be any "mediums" like tilts generally are in Smash.

That said, I think the only thing I would want to see wholesale copied is air dashing. I personally think we should have a "wavedash mechanic" on the ground that becomes an air dash in the air. Also, air grabs could be interesting if we had air shielding replace air dodging entirely.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I don't think Sakurai and Namco should copy Nick, but they should absolutely look at Ludosity's approach to fandom communication and trimming the genre's fat.

I don't think post-HAL Smash needs true wavedashing or Melee tech in general, it just needs to cut out crap like Rage; be more considerate of competitive play when designing the less gimmicky stages; and stop making godawful gimmick characters like Min Min and Hero.

Quillion

Smash Hero
I don't think Sakurai and Namco should copy Nick, but they should absolutely look at Ludosity's approach to fandom communication and trimming the genre's fat.

I don't think post-HAL Smash needs true wavedashing or Melee tech in general, it just needs to cut out crap like Rage; be more considerate of competitive play when designing the less gimmicky stages; and stop making godawful gimmick characters like Min Min and Hero.
I feel like a lot of the Melee tech would work if reworked as dedicated mechanics rather than remaining emergent techniques. This is why I want wavedashing to have a dedicated button, and alongside it, I would love to see all jabs and tilts be cancellable with the wavedash so that we have a form of "universal waveshining" that's much easier to perform while allowing more gameplay opportunities.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
i really doubt sakurai will bat an eyelid at it
Why not? He may be a director but he is very much a gamer as well.

Of course the Smash team and Sakurai will at least notice Nick All-Star Brawl, even if they don't take inspiration from it for Smash.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Why not? He may be a director but he is very much a gamer as well.

Of course the Smash team and Sakurai will at least notice Nick All-Star Brawl, even if they don't take inspiration from it for Smash.
being a gamer doesn’t mean you are play every game ever. What reason do we have to think he’d even be interested? And what has sakurai enjoying king of the fighters got to do with it? Everyone knows that, he made it pretty clear with terry. And why he need to take note when he’s made the success fighting game and 3rd best selling game on switch?

Nah

Smash Champion
It's kind of too late to expect Smash to learn whatever good lessons may or may not come from NASB, as the series prints money for Nintendo. That's not to say that they shouldn't, it's just that what should happen and what reality ends up being don't always line up.

Reminds me of the days when Yokai Watch was new and people were hoping that it'd force Pokemon to stop just rehashing itself every year/generation, but that never happened.

Besides, we have to see if the game even does well, it's not even out yet. They aren't going to take notes from the game if it ends up not having enough impact or is deemed a failure. Sakurai is also just one person.

Chaosmaster8753

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ChaoticZelos3578
3DS FC
2750-1187-7177
It'll probably be several years if he does another Smash at all if he ever decides to return after finishing Ultimate.

Linkmain-maybe

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1042-6735-2236
Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl is looking really good. Even though i personally find the majority of Nickelodeon exceptionally distasteful i am becoming quite impressed with this game.

top things i want to see implemented

being able to turn on the ground and in Midair.

being able to lock in the position you are facing.

air dashes replace air dodges.

No air grabs though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXiOWSKPDG8
Im personally not too fond of Nick All stars. It’s very combo heavy and is incredibly belligerent, to the point where when I saw gameplay of it, I forgot there was a block button.

MasterCheef

Smash Ace
Im personally not too fond of Nick All stars
As for me I just hate Nickelodeon. I just happen to think some of the game-play mechanics if brought over to Smash would make Smash much more fun.
I don't care for the game itself in any way shape or form.

Top Bottom