• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I really don't enjoy 3.6 Yoshi

2 Trainz

Smash Rookie
I feel so depressed right now, with them stopping at 3.6, Yoshi will now be stuck like this for the foreseeable future. It's not even just that Yoshi is basically nonviable, its also the fact that whatever strength's he has in 3.6 don't fit into my play style.

Goodbye Yoshi, I'll play you every now and then, but I just can't main you anymore :(.

What about you guys though?
How do you feel knowing Yoshi will be like this for the foreseeable future?

DankPancake

Smash Rookie
Its sad to see that the bugs werent fixed. I can deal with yoshi being a gimp-y and difficult player to play. But I just cant handle the bugs. ..
but unfortunately, I cannot give him up! I set out 9 months ago to place yoshi on my local PR and I will not quit!

KiteAF

Smash Rookie
The upshot is that people are already looking into developing a community bugfix build with what we've been given as groundwork and some of these modders work ridiculously fast. I noticed in the leaked dev build that Yoshi can jump out of shield which he can't do now, right? I checked his hitboxes too, but I'm not knowledgeable enough about Yoshi to really know if anything else was changed.

Point is, I'm sure people will be fine with builds accommodating bugfixes as long as the balance is the same. I'm adding the Yoshi changes and Link grabfix to my build early, so if you have a setup, might as well do the same since it seems like everyone will follow suit soon enough with the amount of bugs 3.6 has in total. Stay optimistic, guys!

Last edited:

DankPancake

Smash Rookie
yoshi has been able to jump out of shield since his inception (3.0) I believe

EDIT: unless you are talking about the bug where he cant jump OOS for the first 6 frams

Last edited:

Scatz

Smash Champion
I feel so depressed right now, with them stopping at 3.6, Yoshi will now be stuck like this for the foreseeable future. It's not even just that Yoshi is basically nonviable, its also the fact that whatever strength's he has in 3.6 don't fit into my play style.

Goodbye Yoshi, I'll play you every now and then, but I just can't main you anymore :(.

What about you guys though?
How do you feel knowing Yoshi will be like this for the foreseeable future?
I'll be playing Yoshi regardless. I may have qualms with his build, but I was still able to play him to an extent. The main focus now is developing his game to overcome some of the weaknesses.

didds

Smash Lord
Don't worry folks, he's got some bugs but yoshi is still good and generally underrated. This build won't be his grave by any means

AngryPiratehat

Smash Apprentice
I still feel like Yoshi is underdeveloped as a character in general. I mean, yeah people have discovered a lot, but I feel like there's so much more to explore and bugs or not I still think he's got a TON of potential to improve and maybe even develop into a top tier character. Don't give up on the bi-pedal dino yet, guys.

didds

Smash Lord
Yoshis development will be less about "advanced tech" but more about how he should go about playing mus. Things like how he should be approaching other characters and optimal and potential punishes. I still see people claiming someone like yoshi sucks, but then observe them playing mus completely wrong

Feral Cadence

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4699-7377-5328
I've got 3.6.1 on my Wii now, and I never realized before how stifling it was to not be able to jump for the six frames after pressing shield. Now that I can, everything feels right with the world. I really hope everyone embraces the bugfixes, at least.

DankPancake

Smash Rookie
I've got 3.6.1 on my Wii now, and I never realized before how stifling it was to not be able to jump for the six frames after pressing shield. Now that I can, everything feels right with the world. I really hope everyone embraces the bugfixes, at least.
Is this the developers mod?

Scatz

Smash Champion
Play with what we have until the community as a whole comes to the decision.

KiteAF

Smash Rookie
I mean, it's a bugfix. I don't see why anyone has issues with at the very least taking those from the dev build along with the costumes, and leaving the rest out.

2 Trainz

Smash Rookie
If anything it's the half finished build that wiz put out. It's by NO means an official release.
I believe he is talking about the "Halloween" build, it has some of the new costumes, and various other changes, it's not the one with knuckles and Lyn.

Feral Cadence

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4699-7377-5328
Yeah, it's not the Dev build with all the new characters. It's just the Halloween build, with fixes to Yoshi's shield, Link's grab, and the teased costumes. Otherwise, as far as I know, it's identical to 3.6. I won't bring it to tournaments unless it becomes accepted, but I think it's more likely that version will be okay than not.

AngryPiratehat

Smash Apprentice
I spoke too soon. Looks like we're stuck with a broken shield for the foreseeable future. :/
Eh we'll see. Someone is bound to risk their neck at some point for this game. Also, he's not broken. Plenty of people still have plenty of success with him, so don't worry too much. Just do your best!

Feral Cadence

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4699-7377-5328
I didn't mean to claim that he's a bad character. I just got excited about the shield fixes, and disappointed when I saw it wasn't being accepted. We'll see what the future holds, but for now I'll work around it.

Top Bottom