• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I predict Best kill throw in the game.

Constadin

Smash Apprentice
I dont knpw if it has been noticed as of now but Looking back at the reveal trailer, he grabs the best up thrower (Mewtwo) of the game and up?? throw him.

I don't think that this was random or unintentional. K Rool is gonna have a kill throw that surpasses mewtwo's up throw... What are your thoughts about this?

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739
I'm sure it was coincidental but he'll probably have a good kill throw or two anyway

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
I dont knpw if it has been noticed as of now but Looking back at the reveal trailer, he grabs the best up thrower (Mewtwo) of the game and up?? throw him.

I don't think that this was random or unintentional. K Rool is gonna have a kill throw that surpasses mewtwo's up throw... What are your thoughts about this?
I don't know if he'll have any kill throws, TBH.

If he's going to rely heavily on projectiles for zoning, it would be too much to also have a throw that kills.

I mean, we'll see, but I wouldn't be surprised if his focus was more around getting people off the ledge and then using projectiles (or his counter) to prevent them from returning.

Also, his stomp attack (probably Dtilt) may very well spike opponents (much like DK's headbutt also buries and spikes). If it does, then pushing opponents off the ledge and catching them in the 2-frame will be the name of the game for him (and it'll be a sadistically fun game, too).

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
I don‘t see KnRool having the best Kill throw, but the look of his backbreaker is super vicious, so it would not surprise me if it actually killed at higher percent.

Either way, having a kill throw in his kit certainly will help him, as he can rack up damage as a super heavyweight with projectiles

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
Based on his weight, that alone would tell me that having the best kill throw would probably be a bad idea in the long run. Imagine what will likely be top 2 heaviest characters in the game with a Ness level throw? People would riot, lol.

That being said... He has an absolutely amazing pivot grab, and his U-Throw alone deals around 16.5% damage from what I could tell from the recent Snake vs King K. Rool footage and numerous other things going for him.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
I may be wrong: Uthrow may actually be amazing for kills at higher % based upon how much damage it does.

D

Deleted member

That Argentine Backbreaker rack throw would make Roderick Strong blush. King K. Rool is something else. Anyway I love the move along with all his others.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I could see the back breaker throw being a strong KO move, though it probably won't KO as quickly as Mewtwo's u-throw.

itsaxelol

Smash Ace
That Argentine Backbreaker rack throw would make Roderick Strong blush. King K. Rool is something else. Anyway I love the move along with all his others.
And here I was thinking I would be the only one to call k rools up throw the Argentine Backbreaker lmao

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Not with Mewtwo around. But I do think it’ll help a lot on Battlefield-like stages. Any kill option is a good one. But right now, I think K.Rool is easily already one of the strongest characters in the game.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I hope not. M2 being a featherlight means he needs SOMETHING to compensate.
I'll still never understand why the developers made Mewtwo the 2nd lightest fighter in Smash 3DS / Wii U. It was never that light in Melee.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
I'll still never understand why the developers made Mewtwo the 2nd lightest fighter in Smash 3DS / Wii U. It was never that light in Melee.
Yeah, still scratching my head over that one, especially for him having such a gigantic hurtbox.

I guess he IS fairly potent as a character, but still not top tier.

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739
Yeah, still scratching my head over that one, especially for him having such a gigantic hurtbox.

I guess he IS fairly potent as a character, but still not top tier.
Depends on what you consider top tier technically. Not a top 3 legal game hack but still top 10. Still odd that he's light regardless, though I guess being heavier than Charizard like he canonically is would make him completely obnoxious.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
There's obviously more factors involved than just weight though, since vertical endurance needs to be taken into account too. We may not know how heavy King K. Rool is yet, but hopefully his vertical endurance is better than Bowser's.

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739
There's obviously more factors involved than just weight though, since vertical endurance needs to be taken into account too. We may not know how heavy King K. Rool is yet, but hopefully his vertical endurance is better than Bowser's.
On that note, I'm guessing he'll be slightly lighter than Bowser, it seems like it would just undermine Bowser's presentation if he's not the heaviest character in the game. I don't know why, but Bowser just seems like the best fit for being heaviest. K. Rool will probably have better vertical endurance though, his falling speed seemed about average, if not above average, whereas Bowser is floaty to the point where Dedede who is "only" third heaviest in 4 far outclasses him in terms of vertical endurance. Still, I hope K. Rool's weight is somewhere between Bowser and DK, closer to Bowser, that seems right.

Top Bottom