• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I played in GF against a PR Sheik and had my best performance yet VoD included (Myle NE Luigi)

Myle

Smash Rookie
I played against Starlord who is ranked 5th on the SC PR 2020, I am posting because I think the VoD will help Luigi players struggling against Fox/Sheik.

Game 1 he played Fox and I had an excellent game that is worth watching with clean edgeguards, a sweet down-b clank on shine into a dair spike at 1:15, and other combos, game 2 he played Marth and won on Yoshi's, and game 3 he played Samus as a counterpick that didn't work, but the next 5 games were all Luigi vs Sheik, I learned the matchup is super doable as long as you aren't giving the Sheik a million opportunities to dash grab or dash attack you in neutral by jumping in the air and maintaining proper spacing eliminating the opportunity to grab/dash attack because now she will get dair'd and also by avoiding putting yourself in positions to be shield grabbed by playing more proactively. When playing against Sheik it is crucial to read the Sheik's offense and have good enough game knowledge to know what moves are available to her so you can space against her correctly and use moves like dair/bair/fair to zone her, another great move you can do is wavedashing in with a shield and when the Sheik goes for a grab or leaves herself open you jump nair out of shield and try to follow up, lastly any time the Sheik is off stage and isn't suspecting you to go out there, you can surprise her with a slide-off bair hitting her with the tip of the hitbox before she up-b's and take stocks from super early and hold ledge and roll up which can be a pivotal point in any game. Enjoy the VoD and let me know what you think.

Myle vs Starlord - GRAND FINALS - BU Semester of Slippi 8 | Luigi vs Fox/Marth/Samus/Sheik
https://youtu.be/wi-7OGKQqs8

- Myle

Myle

Smash Rookie
The Loser's finals set of this tournament made for another VoD that I thought would be helpful as it's another great display of the Luigi vs Sheik matchup which can help players struggling by watching as there is a lot to be learned from and I pulled off one of the best stocks at the 15:00 mark where I used down-b as a clanking tool on getup attack into dsmash to extend a combo and finished it with a surprise slide-off bair to take the stock.

Myle vs PSai - LOSERS FINALS - BU Semester of Slippi 8 | Luigi vs Sheik
https://youtu.be/qq-_tUApTjU

- Myle

Top Bottom