• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I played as Fox for one day and now my wavedashes are inconsistent for my actual mains.

uzzumymw

Smash Rookie
Sometime last week i decided to play as fox for a day just for the hell of it since i haven't played as him since i first got into the game. Didn't like he played so i went back to marth/falcon. Now when wavedashing i'll end up going into a full hop sometimes, and it's starting to genuinely piss me off since i was playing really good before that one day, and now my whole playstyle has gone to ****. What do i need to do to get back to wavedashing consistently?

Isaac4

Smash Apprentice
NNID
someletters
3DS FC
4270-5125-0529
Switch FC
SW-0987-8922-3098
Just gotta practice what you forgot again

Wolfii

Smash Rookie
You just have to get back into playing your main.

Each character in the game has different weights, fallspeed properties, and jumpsquat timings. Marth is a floaty character with 4 frames of jumpsquat, fox is a fastfaller with 3 frames of jumpsquat. Not to even mention the run speeds and wavedash distances..

That's the issue with playing characters that you're not completely comfortable with, they'll make it harder to go back to your main after your done playing as them (trust me, I secondary link and ness)

TwoBuck

Smash Rookie
I got that issue a lot since my two mains are Samus and Sheik, and they control a lot differently. If I played a lot of Sheik, my Samus would be slow and clumsy. I'd SD when trying to ledge dash. miss fast falls, etc.

I've overcome that some now, it just took awhile. I guess the only advice I can offer is... Grind. It's all muscle memory. Just start a match with an idle P2 and practice your wavedashes, wave landing and fast falls. Practice moving from platform to platform and stuff like that. From my experience, Marth is pretty easy to wave dash/land with, but Falcon is a lot trickier. He moves so fast, and his wave dashes get a lot less mileage than Marth's do.

Just don't sweat it, you'll get it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom