• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"I never learned how to read!" [Pit Combos]

Scout Hassle

Smash Rookie
Welcome to the Pit/Dark Pit combo thread! Best efforts will be made to collate all combos into this first post with thanks for ease of use.

Combos will be shown in the format:
Input - Dmg% - [Notes]

0% Combos:
(The following potentially work for much longer but are untested against other %'age and will be updated. They also need checking against DI's but I was short on time last night.)

d.tilt > sh f.air - 18.4%
d.tilt > sh f.air > ff d.tilt - 25.6% - [Timing feels funny on the fast fall]
u.tilt > n.air - 22%

d.throw > n.air - 18.4%
d.throw > d.air - 19.2%
d.throw > sh f.air > ff jabs - 31.6%

sh ff d.air > u.tilt > n.air - 34% - [d.air needs to hit just in front of the enemy to launch. You can also perform this on a standard jump in]

Low % Combos:

Mid % Combos:

High % Combos:

Contributions:
[Reserved]

Awakining

Smash Apprentice
A few combos I like to use are:

• D-Throw > D-Air > N-Air (30.5%)
  • D-Throw > SHFF N-Air > SHFF F-Air > Dash Attack
  • D-Tilt > SHFF N-Air > SHFF F-Air > Dash Attack
  • D-Tilt > SHFF N-Air x2 > SHFF F-Air > Dash Attack (40+%)
  • Landing F-Air > D-Tilt > SHFF N-Air > SHFF F-Air > Dash Attack (42.8%)
  • Landing F-Air > D-Tilt > SHFF F-Air > D-Tilt > F-Air
  • Landing B-Air > Dash Attack (~25%)
  • SHFF N-Air x2 > SHFF F-Air > Dash Attack
  • D-Throw > B-Air (kills around 80 at ledge)
  • D-Throw > RAR D-Air > B-Air (kills around 50 at ledge)
  • D-Air (Grounded Spike) > B-Air (kills)
  • D-Air (Grounded Spike) > U-Smash (kills)
  • Landing F-Air > D-Smash (Kills)
Mixups/Being tested:

• D-Throw > SHFF N-Air > SHFF F-Air > Dash Grab > D-Throw > D-Air > N-Air
  • Landing F-Air > D-Tilt > SHFF N-Air > SHFF F-Air > Dash Grab > D-Throw > D-Air > N-Air
  • Landing B-Air > Dash Grab > D-Throw > D-Air > N-Air
  • SHFF N-Air x2 > SHFF F-Air > Dash Grab > D-Throw > D-Air > N-Air
  • D-Tilt > SHFF N-Air > SHFF F-Air > Dash Grab > D-Throw > D-Air > N-Air
The numbers should be correct, but I'm doing them from memory, so take them with a grain of salt. I haven't had time to fully DI-proof these combos yet because they are still undergoing optimization, but I have been able to land most of them in real matches against human opponents. An important note is that landing fair combos into most other starters at low percents, and can be added or removed from the majority of these combos. Finally, If I'm remembering correctly, all of the combos except the kill confirms should work in the 0-15% range on middleweights.

Firox

Smash Master
A few combos I like to use are:

• D-Throw > D-Air > N-Air (30.5%)
  • D-Throw > SHFF N-Air > SHFF F-Air > Dash Attack
  • D-Tilt > SHFF N-Air > SHFF F-Air > Dash Attack
  • D-Tilt > SHFF N-Air x2 > SHFF F-Air > Dash Attack (40+%)
  • Landing F-Air > D-Tilt > SHFF N-Air > SHFF F-Air > Dash Attack (42.8%)
  • Landing F-Air > D-Tilt > SHFF F-Air > D-Tilt > F-Air
  • Landing B-Air > Dash Attack (~25%)
  • SHFF N-Air x2 > SHFF F-Air > Dash Attack
  • D-Throw > B-Air (kills around 80 at ledge)
  • D-Throw > RAR D-Air > B-Air (kills around 50 at ledge)
  • D-Air (Grounded Spike) > B-Air (kills)
  • D-Air (Grounded Spike) > U-Smash (kills)
  • Landing F-Air > D-Smash (Kills)
Mixups/Being tested:

• D-Throw > SHFF N-Air > SHFF F-Air > Dash Grab > D-Throw > D-Air > N-Air
  • Landing F-Air > D-Tilt > SHFF N-Air > SHFF F-Air > Dash Grab > D-Throw > D-Air > N-Air
  • Landing B-Air > Dash Grab > D-Throw > D-Air > N-Air
  • SHFF N-Air x2 > SHFF F-Air > Dash Grab > D-Throw > D-Air > N-Air
  • D-Tilt > SHFF N-Air > SHFF F-Air > Dash Grab > D-Throw > D-Air > N-Air
The numbers should be correct, but I'm doing them from memory, so take them with a grain of salt. I haven't had time to fully DI-proof these combos yet because they are still undergoing optimization, but I have been able to land most of them in real matches against human opponents. An important note is that landing fair combos into most other starters at low percents, and can be added or removed from the majority of these combos. Finally, If I'm remembering correctly, all of the combos except the kill confirms should work in the 0-15% range on middleweights.
Do you have any approximate percents at which to viably start these combos? And which of these are solidly true? I can string the SHFF Nair into SHFF Fair into dash but I can't for the life of me get the double SHFF Nair to work.

Last edited:

Boost4u

Smash Cadet
Fthrow/Bthrow -> Dash attack is an underrated true combo since it outdamages Dthrow-> Upsmash as well as not staling your real combo moves. Usually you'll do fthrow, but bthrow is for the lighter/floatier opponents. A flaw to this combo though is the very tight percent window (around 0-10%).
Some extra fthrow/bthrow strings include (at very low percents)
fthrow/bthrow -> Dair jablock
fthrow/bthrow -> jab jablock
Both require missed techs

Another combo I've seen and been messing around with is
Dthrow -> Dash FH Arrow -> Dragdown nair
Dthrow -> Dash FH Arrow -> DJ Nair/DJ Fair (Kills by ledge)
Works at high-ish percents

A string version is something like
Dthrow -> Dash FH Arrow -> DJ SP Dair -> DJ Uair/Fair

I noticed a lack of sourspot(SP) dair combos here. Here is some I use
SP Dair -> DJ Nair/Fair/Uair/Bair
That's it. It works at mid percents, BUT the lower the percent, the better chance of true comboing into another dair or two. Here's another mid percent combo
SP landing bair -> Dash Utilt -> FH Uair

Those were low, high, and mid percent combos. Here's one that works in any percent
Dragdown Uair -> Ftilt/Fsmash/Grab
Dragdown Uair (launch them up) -> Usmash/Nair/Uair/SP Dair
The first dragdown uair combo puts opponents behind you. So unless you hit them behind you, you'll have to turn around for your next attack. The second dragdown uair combo knocks them up which allows you to follow up with some aerials or upsmash. I tried figuring out how to determine wether they get launched up or swept behind you. At first I thought it was the hits, because the first hit of Uair would always send them behind you while connecting the first 2 hits pops them up. However it got deconfirmed when first hit of uair popped them up once. So I believe that it could be where you hit them with uair (center pops them up) or each individual hit has different knockback properties. Someone can help me on that.
Dragdown Uair is as applicable as falling uair combos for other characters.

Last edited:

Green Spiny

Smash Cadet
Training mode is one thing, but I can't get any combos reliably working against online opponents DI'ing away from me. DThrow -> Nair, UTilt -> Nair, and Dair Ground Bounce combos are the only ones I can count on. I don't know if I'm just that bad, or Battlefield's platforms are messing up the combos.

Landing Nair and Fair are strange. If I cancel them before the final hit and both players land right in front of each other, it's unclear who wins out.

Last edited:

AndrewtheAmericanDude

Smash Cadet
I don't think anyone has mentioned this here yet but this is pretty situational: Offstage firing an arrow and arcing it back around can knock an opponent into a spike using dair. I noticed there seemed to be an opportunity to do that too when fighting high up above a stage. Not sure if this is something with utility worth investing in tho.

Last edited:

Vistra31

Smash Cadet
NNID
Vistra9000
3DS FC
4038-6222-6181
Switch FC
SW-2087-0604-7226
Dthrow Uair. True combo
Drag down uair to Usmash.
Dair spike to Usmash.
Dair spike to Fsmash.
Utilt to fullhop Nair.

NCSU | KAI

Smash Rookie
Since everybody has mentioned most of the B&B (and some cool mixups I haven't heard of or seen :) )

One really swaggy mixup I've been practicing is edge cancelled Side B > Dair spike (grounded opponent) > SHFF fair > Side B
Also edge cancelled Side B > Dair spike (grounded opponent) > SHFF dair spike > U. smash

Kills at like 80 on BF

idk Side B Edge cancel is cool

Kiligar

Smash Journeyman
Are Pit's Attack Cancel Bairs useful? Maybe on following up with fthrow / bthrow at low%?
I know little about AC, but after the Bair buff I would guess they would be. Someone please do research.

Vistra31

Smash Cadet
NNID
Vistra9000
3DS FC
4038-6222-6181
Switch FC
SW-2087-0604-7226
I found some true combos. Dair to fair and dair to bair at 30% on Mario but you have to get the sourspot. Anyone want me to try it on specific characters?

Edit: More combos...
Back air sourspot to ftilt

Last edited:
Top Bottom