• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(I NEED TV'S AND CUBES!!!) Goop's AZ Tournament 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goop

Smash Journeyman
GAZT4

When:
- On Sunday, December 16th

Where:
- 4533 S. Mill Ave. Tempe, AZ 85282 (PARK OUTSIDE OF COMPLEX)

What:
- Doubles, Double Elimination, Best out of Three and Finals Best out of Five

- Singles, Double Elimination, Best out of Three and Finals Best out of Five (See rules below)

Price:
- $20 per team for the doubles tournament

- $10 dollars per player for singles

Times:

- Doubles Tournament starts at 12:30 PM

- Food Break starts at 4:00 PM and ends at 4:45 PM

- Singles Tournament starts at 5:00 PM

Rules:
- Matches are best out of three with 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th place finals best out of five

- Pot payout will be 30% for 1st, 25% for 2nd, 20% 3rd place 15% 4th place, and 10% 5th place.

- Wobbling is allowed

- Dave's Stupid Rule (A stage can only be used as a counter pick more than once only if you lost on that stage)

- Random select on first match (If it is the second set of the 1st place match the loser of the first set may counter pick)

- Both Players can choose to strike one stage from the Random Select

- Money Match at your own discretion

- Random select stages: FOD, FD, Yoshi's Story, Dreamland, Battlefield, Pokemon Stadium (Note: FOD will be replaced by Kongo Jungle 64 as random select stage for doubles)

- 8 minute time limit

- No using moves or techniques to stall the match (i.e. Jiggypuff's Rising Pound or Peach's Bomb Jump), if you are determined to be stalling the game will be paused and you will receive a warning

- No pausing

- Advanced Slob Picks (The loser of a match picks the next stage to play, then the winner picks their character followed by the loser picking their character)

- Counter pick from the six random select stages and Pokefloats, Rainbow Cruise, Jungle Japes, Kongo Jungle 64, Mute City, Brinstar, Green Greens, Corneria (Note: Mute City will be removed from the counter pick stages for doubles)

- Character picks are double blind, if needed

- No items

- Bring Your Own Controller

- You must report to each match within three minutes, failure to do so will result in the loss of first match of set. Five minutes or more late will result in the loss of set

- Respect your opponent. No yelling at or physically distracting your opponent in anyway. Try start and end matches with a handshake. No personal attacks or smears

- Failure to adhere to the rules will result in a warning in which you will be advised of the rules of the tournament, a second violation will result in you losing the current match. A third violation will result in a disqualification which will eliminate you from the tournament

Note:
- I will be judging and administering the tournament. Any questions regarding the rules should be directed towards me. I will enforce any rules stated above and I reserve the right to use my fair judgment regarding all aspects of the rules. I will not tolerate people who are rude or disrespectful and will kick out any one who is. Anyone who is kicked out will also be banned from all future tournaments I run

- Any questions call me at (# removed) or message me or email me. Also please check this first page at a least two days before the tournament as rules are subject to change

Results:
- GAZT2 on August 3rd, 2007

- GAZT3 on September 3rd, 2007

D4rk_Sh3ik

Smash Ace
dan dan dan.... how many times is there something of alicias gonna get in the way of your smashing, she didnt let you go to OC3; and now this!?!? is there no end!?!? j/k man, lol gonna miss ya at the tourney, try to make it
im down with this tourney, me and my bro will make it for sure :)

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Haha! I know, smash before girls right? Where are my priorities? :p

On the bright side, I can try to hook people up with cool Japanese goods. Like katanas... I'm pretty sure they sell them in vending machines right?

CHUK

Smash Ace
Yeah usually right next to the nun CHUKs...

I will probably come to this tourny, anyone up to be my doubles partner?

-Ka-

Smash Journeyman

On the bright side, I can try to hook people up with cool Japanese goods. Like katanas... I'm pretty sure they sell them in vending machines right?
If she's coming from Japan then ask her to hook it up with exclusive Brawl merchandise Alt.

Akihabara is where its at.

And I'm just curious, does she teach or what?

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
In the Air Force, she does dental work there. First time away from home, so she's been rather timid. Hasn't really gone out and traveled much. She's in Okinawa and hasn't made the trek up to Tokyo or Kyoto or anything. I told her Akihabara would be awesome... She's into anime and stuff, you know.

ChaosTheory

Smash Ace

OH OH OH OH OH OH OH

Dan could you hook me up with some haichu (sp?). Those things are like...crack...sooo goooood.

Also who wants to team with me on this? coty???

Goop

Smash Journeyman
Nope you pay 20 to play. I will be selling food tho I think. I think that its best to let people handle dinner for themselves.

20 isn't that much. And that way there can be more than just 1st, 2nd and 3rd place prizes. This time there is 4th and 5th. So more money will be given away.

xyouxarexuglyx2

Smash Lord
In other words, someone can make money other than Tony, Rob, and Sean :p

:/ I'ze probably going to have to bum a ride with someone and go to a nearby restaurant or something. What will you be selling there, Shoop da Goop?

Goop

Smash Journeyman
It's Mr. Goop to you Ugly.

And I will prolly sell an assortment of chip's, candies, Gatorade's, soda's, and possibly pizza slices around lunch time, oh and prolly some hot pockets all day. I'll have a sign the day of so there is no confusion.

I also probably won't play in the tourney but will have a small TV by me for those who want to play friendlies and money matches with me. Just so I am not working all day :)

Goop

Smash Journeyman
Oh just a heads up, I am taking money match requests from Light down on the power rankings, and any other random people too. So post on this thread if you want a money match. It will be best out of three following my tournaments rules.

Also, Dan can we at least have the most interesting matches recorded (e.g. Light vs. Brandon or Taj vs. Forward) I know doing the whole tourney is a bit much but at least the interesting ones and finals should be doable.

Perplease kthx.

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
I'm pretty sure STB can make it to this. Also, I also think that I can take you up on that MM. Is 5$ ok? Gotta try to get some of that dough I lost to REVO back, right? Also, I'm pretty sure that Omar will want some MM as well. I think he told me that he wants to MM the entire top 15 list as well as some others. I'll make sure, though. More also, we should get some more STB/REVO action now that Dan the Man is in.

Goop

Smash Journeyman
That means every one who is ranked Light and below. So it includes him too and you too Greg.

D4rk_Sh3ik

Smash Ace
i'll do a fun money match with you Goop, i dont do MM, but this time i will. i will $5 MM any one of your characters with my sheik, so choose wisely... *evil laughter*

Goop

Smash Journeyman
Goop I'll money match you, but with a twist. If you win you get 20$, if I win I get Anakin Optimus Prime muahahahaha
Nah my cat wouldn't be too thrilled if I lost so how about just cash. :)

I'll say $5 dollars. How does that sound?

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
How about Zenith MM's Anakin. He doesn't have opposable thumbs, but I bet he'll claw your eyes out before you beat his character!

AZenith

Smash Apprentice
lol dan. hmmm... i'm not big on money matches but I guess I'll do one with you goop. how about my DK vs whatever character you want 3$?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom