• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rant / Other I need to get better at tournament

Oz o:

Smash Journeyman
Long story short, I suck at tournament and somehow am a lot better at friendlies. I just play very stiff and unsure, and absolutely nothing I actually know how to do works. I think it's the fear of losing, which is ironic, because the point of tournaments is to win and prove yourself. I don't want to celebrate my mediocrity through beating people in friendlies, I want people to actually know I'm good (you know, other than myself). It's really annoying, and it's been like this for years.

It heavily bothers me seeing the same people every week do well. It bothers me that I know I can take them (and actually have, on some ocassions). Thing is, they always do it. I just do it every once in a while, at best. It's not just some unfounded delusional belief in myself; I'm absolutely sure of it. I just wish my brain and hands worked the other half of the time.

Last edited:
Top Bottom