• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS I need some tips on beating Classic at 9.0 (3DS)

friendlyone20

Smash Rookie
This is really pissing me off. If this game wasn't a digital copy, I would have thrown it out a long time ago. I've had enough of this game's b.s. especially the cheating.

I've used characters I'm good with: Ike, Lucina (my main), Kirby, Sonic, Little Mac, Pac Man, and customized them with high attack and high defense and equipment with bonus effects, I even used Ganondorf with his powerful but slow self. I choose the blue path every time and still lose (usually against those stupid swords). And the fact that I'm stuck having the complete this challenge since I can't hammer it makes it all the more frustrating. And please don't say 'just get better' like the unhelpful people on Reddit did. It's not my skills that's the problem.

So I need some tips. I took about a week break between attempts to focus on collecting custom moves and I come back attempted it again just for it to continue cheating me out of my win.

I've attempted this about 50 times in the last few months and unfortunately this impossible task is sucking the fun out of this game.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Rosalina helped me get to Master Core, but even then, the battle itself can be rough if you're not careful. Try to take the easy routes to reduce the difficulty to an extent.

Also, don't be afraid to use customizations. However, be aware that Master Shadow will copy your customizations.

GeflGabe

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GeflGabe
3DS FC
4141-7244-4594
Switch FC
SW-7469-5871-5880
Since you main Lucina, I would suggest trying Marth for Classic, as his tippers pretty much destroys Master hand, Crazy hand, and Master core. For the majority of the mode, try to abuse AI reactions while simply playing defensively as you would normally, while using grab in midair to snag items while airborne. Lifesteal is a really good ability to use if you're still having difficulties.

friendlyone20

Smash Rookie
Okay I'm going to try one last time with Marth. Any suggestions on attack, defense, and speed I should have him at and which custom moves I should equip him with? I have all his custom moves.

This is the last time I'm trying this. I swear, if I can't beat it this one last time, I'm done. I'm obviously not meant to beat 9.0 all the times I tried. This game is not fun anymore. Challenges are fun, but not when they are impossible. Beating 9.0 feels to me like it's impossible.

GeflGabe

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GeflGabe
3DS FC
4141-7244-4594
Switch FC
SW-7469-5871-5880
I usually use Atk/Spd with customs. Def wouldn't hurt to use if you need help with surviving longer.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Stacking attack with a crit badge lets you blow things up before they can even cause problems.

Dedede is imo the easiest character to clear it with, Gordos will hit Master Core multiple times and Armored Jet Hammer will super armor through anything but grabs so long as you're charging it on the ground, meaning you can tank all the way up to 999% if you need to, only swinging when it's safe.

friendlyone20

Smash Rookie
Okay I tried it with Marth and I tried it with Dedede and Bowser. I got all the way up to Master Shadow and some voodoo happened where I was knocked out at 58 percent.

I tried every strategy, watched video, took suggestions both from people on here and on Reddit and nothing is working. This really isn't fair. This game cheats. I give up on both this game and this challenge. I'm not allowed to pass Classic at 9.0. This game isn't worth it anymore.

Thank you everyone for your suggestions. I really appreciate it. I'm done with this game. It's too frustrating and unfair.

Edit: Ok, now that i've calmed down, I just want to say that this game doesn't cheat and I'm sure it's fair. But like I said before, it's just not fun anymore. The Beating Classic 9.0 is a challenge it forces you do to and then makes it nearly impossible to complete. I don't enjoy game like that. I love challenges, but not this. I mean, I've been trying to beat classic 9.0 for over a month now and there is only so much I can take. It's not worth the frustration anymore. I should just stick with my Role Playing games. I like those.

Last edited:

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
I've beaten 9.0 with half the cast on 3DS. Here's how I do it. First pray that you don't get team battles on the way to master core. I don't know about you guys but team battles in classic 9.0 are harder than Master Core itself. Second, transition from Master Hand/Crazy Hand as quickly as possible (they have really bull**** moves.) Third, stay calm. Fourth, Now I'll tell you what to do.

side step master giant's (don't know the official names of these things these are just what I call them) slash, it takes a couple times to get the timing down. Time those dodge rolls perfectly when he tries to suck you in with those electric balls. Simply avoid the hands that spawn out of him and you can sidestep that one move that blows you off screen.

For Master Beast just dodge roll whenever he tries anything or jump to the side he was on when he jumps up but make sure that you're able to still react and correct yourself if it was a feint and he lands in the same spot. When he does that pike that comes out of the ground dodge roll, he has a tell if you pay attention. always just do damage and back off against him or do damage from a safe area where you're free to jump in either direction. If you are on the edge of the stage it is key that you know how long it takes him to jump over to where you are. If you aren't confident in that do not jump off stage because he will meteor smash you.

For Master Swords, it is required that you have quick timing. for that one move where he does 5 slashes at you from different directions simply sidestep the first 4 and jump to your right and air dodge the last and most powerful slash but wait for a sec before you jump. when he tries to do that charge multi-slash move get him to follow you to the left and dodge roll right just before he starts the multi slash. For that one move where he just randomly swings... your on your own haven't come up with a solid counter I just randomly shield, air dodge, dodge roll or sidestep that move (always be defensive throughout the whole fight).

Master you, just kick his %@$ he's really easy.

For custom equipment... not necessary, learning Master Core's attacks and how to avoid them are more important, but If you want the fight over faster I suppose Power is the most important thing. The quicker you kill him the less time you have to worry about making a mistake during the battle. Speed should be fine as long as you keep it around normal for most characters. I don't recommend sacrificing too much of your defense unless you are great at dodging.

Last edited:

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
I somehow double posted and couldn't figure out how to delete it so i just edited the second one and left that message.

The Clique

Smash Rookie
This is really pissing me off. If this game wasn't a digital copy, I would have thrown it out a long time ago. I've had enough of this game's b.s. especially the cheating.

I've used characters I'm good with: Ike, Lucina (my main), Kirby, Sonic, Little Mac, Pac Man, and customized them with high attack and high defense and equipment with bonus effects, I even used Ganondorf with his powerful but slow self. I choose the blue path every time and still lose (usually against those stupid swords). And the fact that I'm stuck having the complete this challenge since I can't hammer it makes it all the more frustrating. And please don't say 'just get better' like the unhelpful people on Reddit did. It's not my skills that's the problem.

So I need some tips. I took about a week break between attempts to focus on collecting custom moves and I come back attempted it again just for it to continue cheating me out of my win.

I've attempted this about 50 times in the last few months and unfortunately this impossible task is sucking the fun out of this game.
I’ve gotten to 8.0 with Lucina and it just seems like I cannot even get passed the 5th area because of teams or mii team. I wish you luck
but using shield and rolling side to side is very lethal anything above 7.0

Top Bottom