• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I need some help fighting Wolf

KavMaster

Smash Rookie
Lemme just preface this post by saying I am NOT amazing at this game whatsoever. I only got into competitive Smash in Ultimate, and I started playing Cloud in this game. With that being said, let's get into the post:

Everytime I go to a tournament or play online, I can start to pick out a certain player's ability patterns and/or habits. It's because I'm able to pick out what the character can do, so I can attempt to predict what ability they're going to use next. The one exception with this is Wolf. Wolf is my kryptonite. I cannot play against him at all, and I end up getting absolutely destroyed when I play them. When I think they're gonna end up doing one thing, he just wrecks me. Anyone have any advice on how to win in a Cloud/Wolf matchup?

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
If it's a spammy wolf with 5 brain cells, you can shield or reflect his blaster and wait for an opening to strike. His moves also have some end lag. (Specifically his side b)

DelugeFGC

Smash Stick Space Cowboy
Switch FC
SW-2582-1162-1537
Cloud is fast and has disjointed hitboxes the size of Texas, if you can play a smart spacing game Wolf won't ever get in many attacks. If he starts brainless neutral B spam, you have a quick dash to get in (if platforms are involved, even better) and start creating pressure to stop it. You also have a projectile of your own that can be pretty irritating.

Wolf is actually one of my least troublesome top tier matchups with Cloud, I think Lucina poses more of a problem personally. She has sword range AND extreme speed.

KavMaster

Smash Rookie
Cloud is fast and has disjointed hitboxes the size of Texas, if you can play a smart spacing game Wolf won't ever get in many attacks. If he starts brainless neutral B spam, you have a quick dash to get in (if platforms are involved, even better) and start creating pressure to stop it. You also have a projectile of your own that can be pretty irritating.

Wolf is actually one of my least troublesome top tier matchups with Cloud, I think Lucina poses more of a problem personally. She has sword range AND extreme speed.
That's what I've been hearing. The blaster is just annoying, and I do need to space a lot more as Cloud against that. Projectile spam can just lead to my own NeutralB spam, and dash into Cross-Slash or some type of tilt. Thanks for the advice!

Top Bottom