• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I need Smash Community help to develop a useful tool for new players!

Sir Ught

Smash Cadet
So I'm developing a program that is going to let players enter their preferred playstyle and it will provide them the character that best matches how they already play video games. This will help them to learn the game with a character they are already comfortable using, and will allow them to learn faster and start moving on to other characters sooner! The only problem is I don't know absolutely everything about every character... So what I'm asking is for people to visit my survey, and enter information for any characters they know well.

Here is the survey

tl;dr: Please complete my survey to help me help new players!

Sir Ught

Smash Cadet
So is it like a personality quiz type thing?
Haha i never thought of it like that, but yea that's kind of how it will end up. I tried it with a batch of about 20 people and it worked really well so I hope with the data from this survey I can turn that "really well" into a "perfect"!

AirFair

Marth tho
This should be good. I don't know how accurately the lower tiers will be rated, considering the number of mains down there.

Sir Ught

Smash Cadet
Yea, if there are any left over, I'll just have to take the time to do some research on each of them. Hopefully there is enough participation to lessen the amount of research I'll have to do haha. But there is a pretty good flow of input so it's looking good!

Duh1Chicken

Smash Rookie
I submitted one for Melee G&W :) I'm not like amazing or anything but I hope it helps this mainfinder seems like it could be pretty freaking cool!
Best of luck! I'll submit more for others too :)

Edit: Shouldn't the servey have a few more questions? It just seems like it's a little too vague to narrow down the cast that much..

Last edited:

Sir Ught

Smash Cadet
I submitted one for Melee G&W :) I'm not like amazing or anything but I hope it helps this mainfinder seems like it could be pretty freaking cool!
Best of luck! I'll submit more for others too :)

Edit: Shouldn't the servey have a few more questions? It just seems like it's a little too vague to narrow down the cast that much..
The final program will have a lot more questions, these are just the ones I needed help figuring out. Things like projectils and weight and stuff will be easy enough to fill in myself. I appreciate the support!

Duh1Chicken

Smash Rookie
The final program will have a lot more questions, these are just the ones I needed help figuring out. Things like projectils and weight and stuff will be easy enough to fill in myself. I appreciate the support!
Oh that makes sense, in that case I'll keep filling it out :)

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Just did The Good Captain, SpaceBird, The Slightly-Larger Electric Mouse, and Fire Marth.

Sir Ught

Smash Cadet
Just did The Good Captain, SpaceBird, The Slightly-Larger Electric Mouse, and Fire Marth.
And you sir win for having the best alternate names. If it would just end up confusing people, i would add them into the final program haha

Omegaspike_

Smash Rookie
This is a really good idea, and I'd like to see what I could do better with the characters I already use and stuff like that. c:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Bumping for the sake of future Smashers finding their mains.

anikom15

Smash Apprentice
You should post this in other ccommunities too. Try to get some top players to put in their cents.

Also what happened to that funny/amazing choosing a main guide?

Last edited:
Top Bottom