• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I need motivation

VibeSSBM

Smash Rookie
Slippi.gg
BIRB#484
Yo. does anyone know how to keep a winning mindset in losers bracket? alot of the time in losers i feel like giving up. i would appreciate help.

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
Yo. does anyone know how to keep a winning mindset in losers bracket? alot of the time in losers i feel like giving up. i would appreciate help.
I find that the best way to 'think like a winner' is to set a plan for progression toward mastery, and to modify that plan as you see its faults, which you should be on the look out for. All plans start with fundamentally limited knowledge until they are put to the test. Experiment as you train, and subject yourself to hypothetical scenarios that would make you uncomfortable. Then use your imagination to figure a solution. Test the hypothesis. If it fails, try again repeatedly. If you are convinced it will not work, reformulate the plan, or think of another. If it it seems to work, tweak it with new, hypothetical situations. Finally, do not be afraid to immerse yourself in competition just for learning. Observation, note-taking, and patience are key.

Top Bottom