• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I need like...serious help.

Mephicus

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3282-2016-9670
Switch FC
SW-3382-3093-3147
I main Cloud, and I'm not able to hit like, anything. Let me explain.

I charge limit, they approach and try to attack, The following options DO NOT work for me:
Rolling left
Rolling right
Spotdodging

Shielding just ends up with them grabbing me somehow while they're attacking

If I don't have limit charged and I try to attack them and punish hard, It never works. They perfect shield 100% of the time
and I don't know how, and I'm never slow in attacks.

If I try and shield while they're attacking, they grab.

Its just a bunch of advantages they have and I can't do anything about it except just lose. Literally every person I fight will be so much faster than me, even another Cloud player. It hurts my pride and I've been thinking about giving up Smash lately because of this fact.

ELEMENT591

Smash Rookie
okay there is the option of jumping out of shield. or you can cancel the jump by hitting X then A while you have your joystick up(if tap jump is on then just jump with joystick and hit A (needs good timing)). or you can leave the joy stick until you're up in the air at witch point you can down air.
PRACTICE THIS BEFORE TRYING IT IN A MATCH

CyaN

Smash Rookie
Mkay first off, if you're trying to hit someone's shield and they just powershield over and over again, then space moves around the shield that are "safe". For Cloud that would be back air mostly, but because he has a giant sword, you can space a lot of things. If you're getting grabbed a lot (even when they're attacking???), just spotdodge or roll away from the situation. Just don't be predictable and choose the same options over and over. This game is all about mixups. If they keep reading your rolls or punishing you for whatever option you commit to, you're probably being too predictable. Learn how to mix up your opponents. Powershield all their attacks back.

Top Bottom