• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I need help with Rob vs Pressure

A Bowl Of Cereal

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
5100-4725-9235
So I've been playing Rob he's been my main since Brawl but I loved Kirby's hammer in that game. I'm a casual but my 1 on 1 game isn't trash I can beat tourney players I don't get 3 stocked or utterly destroyed if there is somebody teaching lessons I usually perform the best and am the only one to get wins off them. But if I play a good Roy or Mario type they can trap me in 70% combos and Robs fastest aerial is his front air. I try SDI and they read me like a book and it winds up extending it Roy can K.O me if I do or in Mario's case I get trapped in a combo across the stage and I SDI it's a Spike. I knew Mario had elevator combo strings but this guy could drag me across the stage with ease I only beat him 3 times... Is there anything Rob can do or is he just done cause of slow aerials? I don't play many characters with good combo breaker Nairs Rob's is great in general but it's to slow to interrupt combos I try mashing it won't come out in time for like Fox up tilts. No I don't think he needs buffs but I hate his burial down throw if it's not a Special Move it's really cheap plus knock back is not halved in this game like Smash 4s was. He's peaked his moves flow into each other really well and he has a lot of mobility but the downside is he doesn't have a back air it's so slow to hit with but is strong enough to compensate. Again Normal players I have no problem with they don't know how to optimize their combos but these pro smashers or at least competent players are another story. Thanks in advance!

Top Bottom