• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I need help with melee not reading most of my controller inputs

Deadmeme_21

Smash Rookie
NNID
brianross42
3DS FC
1435-7673-1144
I started playing melee with my gc adapter on my PC. One of the problems im experiencing is when I try to anything that requires quick inputs, the game doesn't register any of them, but when I only flick the c stick or tap the y button, it registers the input. When I play Legacy XP, the controller doesn't have any of these issues. Can anyone explain why this happens?

Zeldacenter

Smash Rookie
This could possibly be because of the input lag from your monitor, only CRTs do not have input lag with melee so that is the optimal way to play it. I used to try and play melee on a flatscreen and it just wouldn’t work well at all if I tried to even spam lasers on the ground it would just stop randomly cause the timing and inputs are messed up. You can get a CRT for really cheap from eBay or a local savers, goodwill or other thrift store, good luck! And I hope this helps at all.

Deadmeme_21

Smash Rookie
NNID
brianross42
3DS FC
1435-7673-1144
This could possibly be because of the input lag from your monitor, only CRTs do not have input lag with melee so that is the optimal way to play it. I used to try and play melee on a flatscreen and it just wouldn’t work well at all if I tried to even spam lasers on the ground it would just stop randomly cause the timing and inputs are messed up. You can get a CRT for really cheap from eBay or a local savers, goodwill or other thrift store, good luck! And I hope this helps at all.
how would i plug my DP cable into a crt? and what about the monitor causes my inputs in game to not register?

Top Bottom