• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I need help with GCRebuilder

Gioele0001

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
2295-0543-8764
So, I was trying to put a custom mewtwo to replace the current normal mewtwo.
The custom Mewtwo is named "Mt.dat" but I can't find the file to replace in GCRebuilder, it has "Mn" and "Mv", think you can help me?

TDRR

Smash Journeyman
That's far too vague, we don't even know what part of Mewtwo are you replacing. Is it a model replacement? Moveset or animation replacement?
If it's a model replacement, generally it'll go over PlMtNr.dat, or over PlMt.dat if it's a moveset replacement. In the unlikely event it's only an animation replacement, it'd go over PlMtAJ.dat.

Quick explanation of what file does what (where XX is .dat character name, like Mt for Mewtwo, ZZ is color name):
-PlXX.dat = moveset edit
-PlXXZZ.dat = model and texture file for specific costumes (some common ones are Nr = Neutral, Gr = Green, Bu = Blue, Re = Red)
NOTE: You can't just put a model + texture file over another costume. If it's meant for Nr and you put it in Bu, it'll crash.
-PlXXAJ.dat = animation data. It's possible to swap pre-existing animations on the same character with only PlXX.dat edit, so this one isn't usually replaced.
-PlXXDViWaitAJ.dat = no idea. Not ever replaced or used, and I haven't seen any explanation as to what it's contents do, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't contain animation data, it's far too small for that.

Next time, please be as specific as you possibly can if you want immediate and accurate help.

Last edited:

Gioele0001

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
2295-0543-8764
That's far too vague, we don't even know what part of Mewtwo are you replacing. Is it a model replacement? Moveset or animation replacement?
If it's a model replacement, generally it'll go over PlMtNr.dat, or over PlMt.dat if it's a moveset replacement. In the unlikely event it's only an animation replacement, it'd go over PlMtAJ.dat.

Quick explanation of what file does what (where XX is .dat character name, like Mt for Mewtwo, ZZ is color name):
-PlXX.dat = moveset edit
-PlXXZZ.dat = model and texture file for specific costumes (some common ones are Nr = Neutral, Gr = Green, Bu = Blue, Re = Red)
NOTE: You can't just put a model + texture file over another costume. If it's meant for Nr and you put it in Bu, it'll crash.
-PlXXAJ.dat = animation data. It's possible to swap pre-existing animations on the same character with only PlXX.dat edit, so this one isn't usually replaced.
-PlXXDViWaitAJ.dat = no idea. Not ever replaced or used, and I haven't seen any explanation as to what it's contents do, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't contain animation data, it's far too small for that.

Next time, please be as specific as you possibly can if you want immediate and accurate help.
I mean, you gave me all the informations I needed, thank you, I just needed to know what was the name of mewtwo's .dat file. The only problem is that there is no Mt.dat in the game files

Last edited:
Top Bottom