• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I need help with choosing recording/live streaming equipment!

KoolAidKid

Smash Rookie
Hello everyone! Before you link me to other threads on here I have looked at them. I have decided on the Hauppauge USB Live 2 but I am stuck on figuring out how to connect the GameCube to the capture card and the CRT (I am on GameCube, not Wii). All the guides say either piggy back RCA Cables or just 1 Female 2 Male splitters. The problem is, I only have the original GameCube cable as in the yellow - white - red cable. I have looked everywhere and can't really seem to find what I am looking for. So, I have a few questions. Does anyone know any piggy back/splitters that 100% work (and if so I would love a link to buy them preferably on amazon)? Do the piggy back cables that are just red and white work with plugging one into the video connection and one into the red audio connection or do they work strictly for audio? Also, can you record from the USB Live 2 using only the 2 connections going into the card itself (red and yellow)? I am completely loss so anyone with experience/knowledge that help me figure this out ASAP would be fantastic! Thanks and Happy Holidays! :)

Sdhy

Smash Rookie
Don't quote me on this cuz I'm no expert, but I think the colours don't matter for a simple thing like video capture (but it might matter for other electricity stuff).
P.S. someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Check this video out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSpvw1cpJlo
0:29 shows the RCA splitters he uses (note: He only uses one audio cable which is why he only uses 2 splitters)
0:48 is when he uses one for the yellow video plug.
1:15 He even plugs the yellow into the blue!

Feel free to let me know if this works cuz I'm not 100% sure myself.

Look for AV splitters, cuz "AV" stands for Audio Video.

p.s. you might wanna confirm if the Hauppauge USB Live 2 is 60fps before buying since Melee is 60fps. Cuz their other yellow red white devices are only 30fps.

Last edited:
Top Bottom