• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

i need help with an option i recently turned off! (solved i guess...)

MrGatlampa

Smash Rookie
i recently switched off tapjump because it is much better to play with my character with it off i thing. the only problem is that when i fall down a pit i try jumping with the joystic for like 5 hours untill i realise that i need to press a button to jump and then im to low to recover. do you have any tips on how i can get use to it? and im super new on this site so i dont even know how to ask others and i will probably type this on all places i can find and hope it is the right one. sorry for bad grammar.

MarioManTAW

Smash Ace
I have been in the same situation, and my solution was to continue using tap jump and just learn to do up-smash/up-tilt/up-B without jumping. If this is not the case for you, I suggest you practice (in Training mode or something) running off the ledge and using button jump to come back. Hopefully if you do that enough, your muscles and brain will be retrained to go for the button rather than the control stick.

MrGatlampa

Smash Rookie
I have been in the same situation, and my solution was to continue using tap jump and just learn to do up-smash/up-tilt/up-B without jumping. If this is not the case for you, I suggest you practice (in Training mode or something) running off the ledge and using button jump to come back. Hopefully if you do that enough, your muscles and brain will be retrained to go for the button rather than the control stick.
thank you i will try that

Bayopuff

Smash Apprentice
Just continue jumping with the button until you get used to it.

lucasla

Smash Journeyman
I dont like the tap to jump option on. Actually, to me is much more natural a button to jump because this is basically how basically all games work (except Smash, fighting games and some games like previous zelda games). Most of the games we have a button to jump, and that's just natural.

MrGatlampa

Smash Rookie
I dont like the tap to jump option on. Actually, to me is much more natural a button to jump because this is basically how basically all games work (except Smash, fighting games and some games like previous zelda games). Most of the games we have a button to jump, and that's just natural.
that dosent really help me tho. i even edited the title to say solved...

KiyoXDragon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KiyoXDragon
3DS FC
2981-7067-0666
Switch FC
SW-1752-3317-0324
It is good to turn off tap jump and use the buttons, most tournament players do that.

I don't.

I've gotten used to having the stick as an extra jump for a long time, I leave it on but I still use the buttons as they are faster than tap jump. But since you are learning how to use controls with tap jump off which is in theory more efficient because of tilts, and other moves. Just leave off tap jump and always remind yourself you must press the jump buttons. Good luck to you, but I prefer tap jump on.

Top Bottom