• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I need help to find another main

Lord Marshadow

Smash Rookie
My current Mained (Mastered) Fighters are Snake, (My Main Fighter) Cloud, Sheik, Link, Ganondorf, Banjo, Byleth, and Ridley

I would prefer to not do Sephiroth or Steve because I don't consider them mains I consider them my wild cards

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
Do you main these characters because they actually are your favorite, or because they yield good results for you? That is very important to consider.

Lord Marshadow

Smash Rookie
Do you main these characters because they actually are your favorite, or because they yield good results for you? That is very important to consider.
They all bring me good results I even won a dark reunion tourney with Ganondorf and an extra bit my Byleth is best against multiple fighters I've fought off a joker main and a counter spamming corrin on my own as byleth

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
They all bring me good results I even won a dark reunion tourney with Ganondorf and an extra bit my Byleth is best against multiple fighters I've fought off a joker main and a counter spamming corrin on my own as byleth
(Connection is not very reliable, so understand if response is slow or postponed) I am knowledgeable about the Brawl iterations of Snake and Ganondorf, but I am not the best help for Ultimate if they are much different, and certainly not most of the characters you listed:

Ganondorf and Snake both have strong aerials, though the latter is a bit laggy in air attacks. Both have below average mobility, with the former way below average. Together, these facts suggest that you can do with or without a fast character in either respect of attacks or movement. Snake contrasts Ganondorf in the very obvious regard of weaponized attacks, so I think it is not so much indirect gameplay you prioritize, but damage output, knockback, and melee range. I do not know how much you value disjoints, but my first guesses would be that you would enjoy Mr. Game and Watch, or my personal favorite, King Dedede.

Both have solid aerials, high knockback/launch power, and excellent disjoints. The former is rather quick to attack, and the latter takes forever to kill. I would caution you about close quarters exchanges with King Dedede. HE DOES NOT DO THAT WELL! I preferred spacing tactics to outrange the opponent at melee reach and keep them at arm length (hammer length!). I think the best strategy is to bait your opponent into making movement (not attack) mistakes, and to wait until the opponent's body is moving away from Dedede, while their intention was to approach. I say this because of King Dedede's ability to pressure opponents from positions that are awkward for them when they attack.

It is a very difficult discipline to describe, but I hope you can use it.

Lord Marshadow

Smash Rookie
(Connection is not very reliable, so understand if response is slow or postponed) I am knowledgeable about the Brawl iterations of Snake and Ganondorf, but I am not the best help for Ultimate if they are much different, and certainly not most of the characters you listed:

Ganondorf and Snake both have strong aerials, though the latter is a bit laggy in air attacks. Both have below average mobility, with the former way below average. Together, these facts suggest that you can do with or without a fast character in either respect of attacks or movement. Snake contrasts Ganondorf in the very obvious regard of weaponized attacks, so I think it is not so much indirect gameplay you prioritize, but damage output, knockback, and melee range. I do not know how much you value disjoints, but my first guesses would be that you would enjoy Mr. Game and Watch, or my personal favorite, King Dedede.

Both have solid aerials, high knockback/launch power, and excellent disjoints. The former is rather quick to attack, and the latter takes forever to kill. I would caution you about close quarters exchanges with King Dedede. HE DOES NOT DO THAT WELL! I preferred spacing tactics to outrange the opponent at melee reach and keep them at arm length (hammer length!). I think the best strategy is to bait your opponent into making movement (not attack) mistakes, and to wait until the opponent's body is moving away from Dedede, while their intention was to approach. I say this because of King Dedede's ability to pressure opponents from positions that are awkward for them when they attack.

It is a very difficult discipline to describe, but I hope you can use it.
Yeah I like playing dedede especially lowest launch rate

Lord Marshadow

Smash Rookie
I thought you would! (Understand, it is not easy trying to make predictions when you are a washed up Brawl veteran.) From the sound of it though, you are already familiar with him. I am sorry if the suggestion was not very helpful.
It was great also I feel you with brawl my first smash game was brawl when I was three or four a lot of things have changed since then

Top Bottom