• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"I need a weapon" - Master Chief

Lionfranky

Smash Lord
I'm still wondering what that Star Fox GP mess was. Everyone says it was leakbait but it feels more like someone 's fanfic.

That said, I don't think it's legal to use another companies properties to protect trade secrets by deception.
Nick (the insider with credible record) said Nintendo knows how to take out leakers by the time Vergeben made that post. So, did Microsoft agree with Nintendo's leaker hunt?

Last edited:

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
If Chief is in, MS might as well allow Nintendo to trick leakers. Square Enix intentionally leaked false candidates to blur Hero and Sephiroth.
That’d be a very weird way of tricking them. “Yeah, tell them this character who is actually in is in… just a couple months before he’s actually in!”

I’m just going to chalk that E3 stuff to fake leaks from attention seekers.

I’ve been getting some more time into the Halo: Infinite flights this weekend & I’m really starting to find my groove. I’m falling in love with this game, I can’t wait for December.

BanishedAbsol

Smash Rookie
Fellas I know a lot of people are riding that Sora train and believe me I’d be excited to see him join, but that king zell mentioning something Microsoft related still has me thinking. If not in Nintendo’s last supposed direct for the year, where else could that announcement be? Also king zell has credibility right? So maybe Chief can arrive on 10/5. But now that verge is silent and the data mine may or may not be true, what’s the thing that gives you hope for master Chief exactly?

Audioplasma

Smash Cadet
Fellas I know a lot of people are riding that Sora train and believe me I’d be excited to see him join, but that king zell mentioning something Microsoft related still has me thinking. If not in Nintendo’s last supposed direct for the year, where else could that announcement be? Also king zell has credibility right? So maybe Chief can arrive on 10/5. But now that verge is silent and the data mine may or may not be true, what’s the thing that gives you hope for master Chief exactly?
Honestly at this point just hope, there is one thing that is odd and that’s sakurai on Twitter posting “I hope you all can join me live for one last celebration of gaming” and apparently he said that same thing before Steve was revealed? So that’s kinda what I’m hanging on to.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Welcome to the board, and it's important to keep hoping until the end, Master Chief definitely is worthy of Smash and could warrant the last spot in the roster!

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
I hate the Library level in the first one.

Halo 2 is a monument to all the sins of the videogame industry and community from the late-2000's to the early 2010's.

but halo is a pretty cool who doesn't afraid of aliens, so...

screw it, put him in. But I want him to have [codec calls/palutena's guidance] conversations with Cortana for every character. And his final smash better be him just accidentally crushing the other fighters while trying to flip the tipped-over warthog back on the right-side up.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well, it's the final character and Sakurai is promising someone unconventional so that probably rules out Cinderace.

It would be beyond hype, and juuuust a little weird, to have Microsoft's big hitter on Switch before he's on XBox Series X/S. (MS seriously need to fire the XBox naming guy, it's the bane of confused parents everywhere.)

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Well, it's the final character and Sakurai is promising someone unconventional so that probably rules out Cinderace.

It would be beyond hype, and juuuust a little weird, to have Microsoft's big hitter on Switch before he's on XBox Series X/S. (MS seriously need to fire the XBox naming guy, it's the bane of confused parents everywhere.)
I wouldn't be surprised if they announced the MCC coming to switch along with his reveal tbh

VENA SERA 33

Smash Rookie
I have been a on/off lurker on this site since around the Brawl era and I thought this last DLC was a great time to join the speculation at the eleventh hour lol. Master Chief being CP11 tomorrow would be an amazing end for this game and after seeing how the speculation has gone in the last couple days, I have a good feeling.

I still reference the Smash Wiki for Vergeben with his MC "leak" as the last thing still technically alive until tomorrow. Here's hoping that it was legit and just stated for the wrong challenger pack spot. Samus Hunter (regardless of any feelings toward their veracity) on Twitter also has dropped a recent hint that I could see being interpreted as pointing towards MC. Just some food for thought.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Now, I know very little about John. Or, Spartan-117, but what I do know is that he is from perhaps my best friend's favourite franchise, and while I'm no Halo expert, I do like the games that I have tried with my buddy.

I hear a lot of clamouring for Master Chief to take part as the final character, and wether he would be the final, or a previous DLC, I think the thought of Master Chief, is undoubtably badass, no matter the timing. If Chief were to be the one tomorrow, I'll be thrilled, not only for it being such an iconic fighter, but also for my friend.

Thy I wish you all good luck.

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
Boys, this is it. After losing my favorites of Isaac, Geno, and Shantae over the last 3 years and a half, I can say that if we see Master Chief tomorrow, it will be the ultimate redemption for me. I really think Chief will come with all the king zell and Vergeben rumors we got and I just can't think of any other character that would be more fitting to quote on quote FINISH THE FIGHT. I really hope tomorrow can bring the dream to reality. I just know that if Chief appears, your going to see a 25 year old male cry on the internet in pure joy.

VENA SERA 33

Smash Rookie
Now, I know very little about John. Or, Spartan-117, but what I do know is that he is from perhaps my best friend's favourite franchise, and while I'm no Halo expert, I do like the games that I have tried with my buddy.

I hear a lot of clamouring for Master Chief to take part as the final character, and wether he would be the final, or a previous DLC, I think the thought of Master Chief, is undoubtably badass, no matter the timing. If Chief were to be the one tomorrow, I'll be thrilled, not only for it being such an iconic fighter, but also for my friend.

Thy I wish you all good luck.
Love to hear it man. Halo is tied as my favorite gaming franchise with Legend of Zelda and ironically Smash, so CP11 going the way this thread wants it to would be an all-time gaming moment for me and many others.

Boys, this is it. After losing my favorites of Isaac, Geno, and Shantae over the last 3 years and a half, I can say that if we see Master Chief tomorrow, it will be the ultimate redemption for me. I really think Chief will come with all the king zell and Vergeben rumors we got and I just can't think of any other character that would be more fitting to quote on quote FINISH THE FIGHT. I really hope tomorrow can bring the dream to reality. I just know that if Chief appears, your going to see a 25 year old male cry on the internet in pure joy.
I'll be crying right along with you brother in my office at work lol.

SargeAbernathy

Smash Apprentice
Really imagined his chances were best at E3, but I'm feeling the hype here. I do think he's in the running. I remember playing Halo when it first came out ... man has time really flown. Personally I would adore a small hidden nod to Red Vs. Blue, but I highly doubt that. :)

VENA SERA 33

Smash Rookie
Really imagined his chances were best at E3, but I'm feeling the hype here. I do think he's in the running. I remember playing Halo when it first came out ... man has time really flown. Personally I would adore a small hidden nod to Red Vs. Blue, but I highly doubt that. :)
Man, when I saw that Vergeben leak like 20 min before the direct, my hype was in overdrive. Of course Kazuya ended up in the slot and I like how he turned out and the content that came with him. I have to say that with all the eyes that Sakurai is putting on this direct through his tweets, I am feeling a BIG reveal as in MC levels of hype or a massive curveball that very little have speculated on.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Halo's Twitter page hasn't mentioned anything about the Direct or fighter reveal.

Either Chief isn't coming (which is probably the most likely outcome), or Ske7ch is being clever..

VENA SERA 33

Smash Rookie
Halo's Twitter page hasn't mentioned anything about the Direct or fighter reveal.

Either Chief isn't coming (which is probably the most likely outcome), or Ske7ch is being clever..
I read it as either 1. Yes Ske7ch is clever lol or 2. just business as usual on Twitter for them. If the Halo Twitter account mentions anything Smash related, the cat would be out of the bag. Sure they could say something for people to check it out, but I think they know how people would take it. I personally don’t see it as a deconfirm or bad sign.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

Right because if they did that it would be massively obvious that it was Chief.

VENA SERA 33

Smash Rookie
The fact that another 343 community member responded with an open ended statement leaves room for me personally. Thank God I found that other reply because without it, that one original tweet was damning. With the response, I still have hope.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Well I did get my #1 Banjo I just have to remember to stay greatful for that even though it was a monkey paw wish that allowed Steve in and not Master Chief Xbox's literal mascot lol
Yeah, you're right.

I didn't get any of the new characters I wanted in (Snake sure).

Krystal was deconfirmed at E3 2018, Shadow got deconfirmed, Leon Kennedy was deconfirmed by the spirit event, now Chief got deconfirmed

Last edited:

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
Before this all ends, I just wanted to say that it’s been a ton of fun talking about Master Chief & Halo with you guys.

If he’s not in tomorrow then I just know that he’ll be in the next game. The Chief community has become incredibly strong & I believe Nintendo/MS have noticed that.

Good luck, Spartans. It’s been a pleasure.

VENA SERA 33

Smash Rookie
Before this all ends, I just wanted to say that it’s been a ton of fun talking about Master Chief & Halo with you guys.

If he’s not in tomorrow then I just know that he’ll be in the next game. The Chief community has become incredibly strong & I believe Nintendo/MS have noticed that.

Good luck, Spartans. It’s been a pleasure.
We will be feasting once Halo Infinite arrives so we have a win regardless bro!

Top Bottom