• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"I need a weapon" - Master Chief

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
That post hit too close to home for me :( ,minus the MySpace part since I never used it.

I guess you mean the non-lyrical version of the song that’s played in-game on Halo 2? Breaking Benjamin’s cool, but the actual song would feel out of place amongst the gaming soundtracks of Smash. It would probably be the hardest track to get the rights to regardless.

With or without it though, the original Halo trilogy soundtrack is what I’d be most ecstatic to hear in the event of a Smash inclusion. The music of nu Halo (343 era) is pretty forgettable in comparison.

Lionfranky

Smash Lord
That post hit too close to home for me :( ,minus the MySpace part since I never used it.

I guess you mean the non-lyrical version of the song that’s played in-game on Halo 2? Breaking Benjamin’s cool, but the actual song would feel out of place amongst the gaming soundtracks of Smash. It would probably be the hardest track to get the rights to regardless.

With or without it though, the original Halo trilogy soundtrack is what I’d be most ecstatic to hear in the event of a Smash inclusion. The music of nu Halo (343 era) is pretty forgettable in comparison.
I don't remember actual song in Smash. They are all music iirc. I don't think there is need to remix Halo OST for Smash, but I wouldn't object to Smash remix.

It's one of those cases that predecessor is so great that it overshadows successor. Halo 4 OST is underrated imo. This OST still stands for what it does.

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
Halo 4 has some really good tracks. They’re just more traditionally cinematic. The Bungie Halo games all had really unique music that helped give the series its identity. I don’t think I’ve heard any game, movie or show have music similar to Halo besides Bungie’s own Destiny.

So I get why some people aren’t too hot on Halo 4’s OST. But there’s still some great stuff in it.

Lionfranky

Smash Lord
1620712050138.png

Hyperius

1620712069518.png

Tovarus

1620712160157.png

Scrap Cannon

1620712205141.png

Razorback

I love how each design carries overall Banished theme.
The new UNSC vehicle looks pretty cool.

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
I’m hoping these named Banished characters actually have a decent amount of screentime. It’d be nice to get cool villains that appear for more than just one fight.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Like Warden Eternal?

Just noticed Locke’s helmet on that guy’s shoulder there on the right… Guessing they kill Locke in the first five minutes or something. I liked his character, but after all the backlash Halo 5 had, can see why they would do it.

Merengue

Smash Journeyman

It seems on 4chan that Master Chief is super popular there.

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Last edited:

Lionfranky

Smash Lord

More info

It gets more obvious and serious as time passses...

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525

More info

It gets more obvious and serious as time passses...
Reading the unredacted portions is enough to convince me that this is happening.

THIS = Game Pass coming to Switch

Last edited:

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Master Chief is the E3 reveal for me. Not because I'm a die-hard fan, but Banjo was revealed at E3, Steve could have been revealed last year without Covid, so there's a chance Microsoft would want to get another character shown there.

These rumors concerning work between Nintendo and Microsoft are also getting more and more credible. Certainly not related to Smash, but proving they still have a good relationship.

And I know that the counter-argument is "a company cannot double-dip". To that I say:

It's something that was never taken into account by Nintendo. If they wanted to add three Sega characters in the same pass, for example, they would have done so.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Master Chief or Crash would be the most probable candidates for an E3 reveal since E3 reveals from Smash 4 have always had major characters featured. E3 2013 gave us Villager, MegaMan, and Wii Fit Trainer, E3 2014 gave us the Miis, Palutena, and Pacman and E3 2015's characters of Roy and Ryu were leaked ahead of time. For Ultimate, we've had Daisy and Ridley revealed at E3 2018 and E3 2019 gave us the DQ heroes and Banjo and Kazooie. I'm fairly convinced we'll see one more noteworthy name

exlk

Smash Rookie
Master Chief or Crash would be the most probable candidates for an E3 reveal since E3 reveals from Smash 4 have always had major characters featured. E3 2013 gave us Villager, MegaMan, and Wii Fit Trainer, E3 2014 gave us the Miis, Palutena, and Pacman and E3 2015's characters of Roy and Ryu were leaked ahead of time. For Ultimate, we've had Daisy and Ridley revealed at E3 2018 and E3 2019 gave us the DQ heroes and Banjo and Kazooie. I'm fairly convinced we'll see one more noteworthy name
Yeah, I think this is a pretty good look at it. Whether it holds up or not is well, to be determined of course, but here's hoping!

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
On the note of E3 being a spot for Chief/a spot for a major character, I'll ask everyone this: Is E3 the "make or break" for Master Chief? Obviously, if the final characters are both revealed there, it makes sense to be. But, let's say only one is going to be revealed. If Chief isn't revealed there, is he out (in your opinion)?

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
On the note of E3 being a spot for Chief/a spot for a major character, I'll ask everyone this: Is E3 the "make or break" for Master Chief? Obviously, if the final characters are both revealed there, it makes sense to be. But, let's say only one is going to be revealed. If Chief isn't revealed there, is he out (in your opinion)?
Less likely. Because I don't see why you wouldn't reveal Chief at E3 if he is part of the DLC.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Elites are finally getting their due in MCC

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Would it be possible to make an Alt costume where you play as the Arbiter? I know he is taller and his skeleton is really different, but I really think he deserves to have some sort of playability.

BreadnJamTomorrow

Smash Cadet
Would it be possible to make an Alt costume where you play as the Arbiter? I know he is taller and his skeleton is really different, but I really think he deserves to have some sort of playability.
Unfortunately I don't see this as likely. If they were to include the Arbiter as playable, my guess is that it would be a Villager and Isabelle situation where they share very similar moves, but are functionally (and treated as) different characters due to their skeletons, weight classes, and (possible in terms of MC and Arby) different moveset. But I personally doubt we would get that since that's presumably a lot of work and would (maybe?) use two of the Fighter Pass slots.

I don't think the Arbiter as an alt costume for Chief would happen either because of the stuff you've outlined above, not to mention they would probably need different animations to match the different personalities and mannerisms of both characters. My guess is that that the Arbiter would be a Spirit at minimum. But the best case is that Chief would additionally have an Arbiter-colored skin and/or the Arbiter makes an appearance on a Halo-themed stage in some way.

Last edited:

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
If he’s not at E3, I’d say he’s out. I don’t see them revealing him anywhere else unless they REALLY wanted to use the “Finishes the Fight” tag line. A VGA reveal could fit Chief but I think FP2 will be over before then.

Nah, he’d have to be an echo. He’s similar to Chief but not similar enough to be a costume.

Honest Slug

Smash Journeyman
I'm personally of the belief that we won't get a double reveal. Thus far pass 2 has cut the waiting time from reveal to release a lot, to where we only have to wait a few weeks or less for the character to become playable after their reveal. I kind of like this approach personally, since it keeps the hype flowing when you actually get to play the character.

With that said, I've been thinking about how a double reveal would go. I personally think Nintendo is going to have a lot on their plate this E3. There's BOTW2, that rumored Donkey Kong game, that rumored 2D Metroid game, and probably some other stuff that hasn't been leaked. I'm personally predicting a new Kirby game as well. Point is, they'll have a lot to show even without Smash. With that in mind it could be hard to fit in 2 Smash reveals in one presentation without going above the usual length Nintendo does with their E3 directs. So I wonder if it would be an interesting idea to show Master Chief (Were he to get in) at Microsoft's presentation, and another character in Nintendo's presentation? They didn't do that with Banjo, but it it also isn't something unprecedented, Mario + Rabbids was actually first revealed during Ubisoft's presentation, so Nintendo isn't always against these things.

To clarify, I absolutely don't think this is happening, but I thought it would be an interesting thought to share to spice up the constant discussion of whether we'll get a double reveal or not.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
I'm personally of the belief that we won't get a double reveal. Thus far pass 2 has cut the waiting time from reveal to release a lot, to where we only have to wait a few weeks or less for the character to become playable after their reveal. I kind of like this approach personally, since it keeps the hype flowing when you actually get to play the character.

With that said, I've been thinking about how a double reveal would go. I personally think Nintendo is going to have a lot on their plate this E3. There's BOTW2, that rumored Donkey Kong game, that rumored 2D Metroid game, and probably some other stuff that hasn't been leaked. I'm personally predicting a new Kirby game as well. Point is, they'll have a lot to show even without Smash. With that in mind it could be hard to fit in 2 Smash reveals in one presentation without going above the usual length Nintendo does with their E3 directs. So I wonder if it would be an interesting idea to show Master Chief (Were he to get in) at Microsoft's presentation, and another character in Nintendo's presentation? They didn't do that with Banjo, but it it also isn't something unprecedented, Mario + Rabbids was actually first revealed during Ubisoft's presentation, so Nintendo isn't always against these things.

To clarify, I absolutely don't think this is happening, but I thought it would be an interesting thought to share to spice up the constant discussion of whether we'll get a double reveal or not.
I could see Microsoft teasing Chief coming to Smash to end their press conference like this

Last edited:

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky

It's possible to happen thanks to e3 2019. On one hand it'd be kinda annoying to wait for that Sakurai presents on the last character to show up around September. But on the other hand, it could even more stressful to wait 3 months for the last character to be revealed only to not live to the hype (cause without a double reveal it's more likely for the last character to be 1st party). Revealing both at e3 would generally decrease the dissapointment of the last character (plus it's more likely for the second character to be a big reveal).

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
It's possible to happen thanks to e3 2019. On one hand it'd be kinda annoying to wait for that Sakurai presents on the last character to show up around September. But on the other hand, it could even more stressful to wait 3 months for the last character to be revealed only to not live to the hype (cause without a double reveal it's more likely for the last character to be 1st party). Revealing both at e3 would generally decrease the dissapointment of the last character (plus it's more likely for the second character to be a big reveal).
Exactly, that and E3 2021 is likely going to be the last true hurrah for Smash Ultimate in general. It would probably be better to have both fighters revealed than drag it out much longer. FP10 is basically guaranteed to be a June reveal and release, so announcing FP11 towards the end of the Direct would be the smart thing to do

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
I don’t think they’d do a timed exclusive thing, doesn’t seem like something Sakurai would approve of.

If there’s a tie in with GamePass/xCloud then it’d be Chief as a bonus character separate from FP2.

Lionfranky

Smash Lord
I don’t think they’d do a timed exclusive thing, doesn’t seem like something Sakurai would approve of.

If there’s a tie in with GamePass/xCloud then it’d be Chief as a bonus character separate from FP2.
Is that because more news will come out this fall, not E3 which is this summer according to the leaker?

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

Maybe it could be a Piranha Plant (or Mewtwo in Smash 4) situation where the character would be temporarily free for whoever signs up for GamePass in the first month or two, but still be available to purchase separately?

I doubt it would happen (I don't know much about GamePass, but I don't think they'd have a Smash character tied to that), but that could be more likely.

Last edited:

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
Is that because more news will come out this fall, not E3 which is this summer according to the leaker?
That wasn’t what I was going with, but that could be a possibility.
Maybe it could be a Piranha Plant (or Mewtwo in Smash 4) situation where the character would be temporarily free for whoever signs up for GamePass in the first month or two, but still be available to purchase separately?

I doubt it would happen (I don't know much about GamePass, but I don't think they'd have a Smash character tied to that), but that could be more likely.
I was mainly thinking it could be released around the same hypothetical time as Switch GamePass.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

CommanderZaktan

Smash Ace
Ok, I thought up of this classic route since I believe Master Chief is the next fighter. The title is "I need a weapon" Which is facing off enemies who have and shoot guns and has different gun like items to shoot with.
In no particular order, here's the route:
1. :ultsamus::ultdarksamus::ultzss: Super Scopes will drop
2. :ultfox::ultfalco::ultwolf: Steel Divers will drop
3. :ultdiddy:Banana Guns will drop
4. :ultgunner:(Team Battle) Ray Guns will drop
5. :ultbayonetta: Staffs will drop
6. :ultinkling: Rage Blasters will drop
7. Bonus Stage
8. Master Hand and Crazy Hand since one of their attacks is shooting Finger Bullets in a gun like pose, and every weapon in this route will drop.

Last edited:

Lionfranky

Smash Lord
Ok, I thought up of this classic route since I believe Master Chief is the next fighter. The title is "I need a weapon" Which is facing off enemies who have and shoot guns and has different gun like items to shoot with.
In no particular order, here's the route:
1. :ultsamus::ultdarksamus::ultzss: Super Scopes will drop
2. :ultfox::ultfalco::ultwolf: Steel Divers will drop
3. :ultdiddy:Banana Guns will drop
4. :ultgunner:(Team Battle) Ray Guns will drop
5. :ultbayonetta: Staffs will drop
6. :ultinkling: Rage Blasters will drop
7. Bonus Stage
8. Master Hand and Crazy Hand since one of their attacks is shooting Finger Bullets in a gun like pose, and every weapon in this route will drop.
That's pretty nice setup.

BTW, what will be Mii wave if Chief joins?
Are Johnson Mii gunner and Arbiter Mii swordfighter pretty much guaranteed like Tifa and Barret for Sephiroth?

Zyliee

Smash Cadet
Most trailers end up with Mario being attacked/destroyed in someway: Ridley, Piranha Plant, Steve, Sephiroth all did this. Imagine it where Mario is being attacked on the Halo stage and instead it's Master Chief coming to his rescue and you get a shot of Mario and Chief shaking hands in unison to show off the partnership of both companies at this point for this kinda reveal. The icon of Nintendo teaming up with the icon of Xbox in the most broship of ways.

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
Most trailers end up with Mario being attacked/destroyed in someway: Ridley, Piranha Plant, Steve, Sephiroth all did this. Imagine it where Mario is being attacked on the Halo stage and instead it's Master Chief coming to his rescue and you get a shot of Mario and Chief shaking hands in unison to show off the partnership of both companies at this point for this kinda reveal. The icon of Nintendo teaming up with the icon of Xbox in the most broship of ways.
I think it'd be ideal if that Halo location was ambiguous enough that you don't recognize it immediately. Which location from Halo wouldn't be immediately obvious that it's Halo?

Top Bottom