• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"I need a weapon" - Master Chief

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
I think the reveal of Chief will be in fall along with the announcement of Xbox Game Pass coming to the Switch. And as for who's going to be revealed at E3 this summer, I think it's going to be Crash. So since Chief is more likely now. I want to predict his color alts besides his default.
Platinum: references the Arbiter
Red: references Sarge
Maroon: references Simmons
Orange: references Grif
Cobalt: references Church
Aqua: references Tucker
Blue: refereences Caboose
Also, why not have pink for Donut and Black for Texas, also skins for Noble Six and Locke

MattX20

Smash Hero
There would probably be some Red Vs Blue fan animations/SFMs if Chief got into Smash. Not sure how Rooster Teeth would do actual content though

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
Here’s what I’d do for Chief alternate colors:

Master Chief’s default costume will be his appearance from Halo: Infinite. I’ll be using Halo 3’s Mark VI as a template for his other colors since I can’t show off the Infinite costume with other colors yet lol

This costume’s colors will all reference characters from Halo’s campaigns

Master Chief
5808FA60-4D1B-4E41-B2A1-BCBB41EE168D.jpeg

The Arbiter (Best I could do with Halo 3’s colors)
05AC8A67-C5FF-4ED8-BEF5-817936D29CC6.jpeg

Agent Locke
E853C928-4DF0-4E76-825E-7A8C74F38A2D.jpeg

Cortana (Halo: Combat Evolved)
86FA2991-B6D5-4AEA-A938-C75A34ABD13D.jpeg

Like many of Smash Ultimate’s DLC characters, Master Chief will have an alternate costume. It will be based off of his Mark V armor from Halo: Combat Evolved. Its additional colors will be based off of Halo’s multiplayer, while also indavertently referencing Red vs Blue.

Master Chief
FD460FA3-DDDC-4FB7-A123-33874F50DC55.jpeg

Red Team
E0A3F43A-24B7-4133-98F9-9B5CE411E498.jpeg

Blue Team
919E9474-3B6E-47CD-9260-57E31306CD63.jpeg

Grifball
0987BEE6-A126-46FF-BB57-A01C54A0D184.jpeg

Additionally, I wonder if they’d use any music from Halo: Legends. They used music from Final Fantasy VII: Advent Child (an animated film) for Sephiroth, so I could see Halo: Legends music being added.

Halo: Legends is one of Halo’s biggest ties to Japan. Its Score was composed by various artists including Tetsuya Takahasi, the head of Monolith Soft. So I could see the Smash team valuing this Japanese made Halo content & adding it in. The score was mostly remixes, but they’re fantastic pieces.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Here’s what I’d do for Chief alternate colors:

Master Chief’s default costume will be his appearance from Halo: Infinite. I’ll be using Halo 3’s Mark VI as a template for his other colors since I can’t show off the Infinite costume with other colors yet lol

This costume’s colors will all reference characters from Halo’s campaigns

Master Chief
View attachment 310966

The Arbiter (Best I could do with Halo 3’s colors)
View attachment 310967

Agent Locke
View attachment 310968

Cortana (Halo: Combat Evolved)
View attachment 310969

Like many of Smash Ultimate’s DLC characters, Master Chief will have an alternate costume. It will be based off of his Mark V armor from Halo: Combat Evolved. Its additional colors will be based off of Halo’s multiplayer, while also indavertently referencing Red vs Blue.

Master Chief
View attachment 310970

Red Team
View attachment 310971

Blue Team
View attachment 310972

Grifball
View attachment 310973

Additionally, I wonder if they’d use any music from Halo: Legends. They used music from Final Fantasy VII: Advent Child (an animated film) for Sephiroth, so I could see Halo: Legends music being added.

Halo: Legends is one of Halo’s biggest ties to Japan. Its Score was composed by various artists including Tetsuya Takahasi, the head of Monolith Soft. So I could see the Smash team valuing this Japanese made Halo content & adding it in. The score was mostly remixes, but they’re fantastic pieces.

First, neat alt color choices.

As for the Halo Legends music, while I do understand 343/Microsoft owns the original music I wonder if the Smash team would have to approach any of the original production companies/composers to clear international rights like with Final Fantasy or Warner Bros as they distributed the project on home video.

And if they did have to deal with Warner Bros, maybe they could also try and get some Pac-Land music since right now, Pac-Land can't have any of its music due to copyright.

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
Ah, I didn’t realize they might have to deal with WB for that. It’d probably just be best to ignore Legends’s OST if that were the case.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
There would probably be some Red Vs Blue fan animations/SFMs if Chief got into Smash. Not sure how Rooster Teeth would do actual content though
I don't know if Rooster Teeth would attempt to do so(Maybe if Red Vs. Blue gets another season with the Reds & Blues Again, But i think the show needs to end), However, This doesn't mean that people on youtube would not make fan animations, Though i honestly want to hear the official actors play their characters in smash bros.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Fan Art doesn't really mean anything. At most they just had to ask "Hey can we share this fanart because it features your characters dressed as some of ours?" Just to be on the safe side because of how silly Nintendo can be with fan content. Otherwise it doesn't really go any deeper.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
Honestly, GamePass coming to the Switch would be great, even if it's just Xbox exclusives
I could see something like crossover pass happening between the consoles: meaning the Switch gets a pass that allows you to play a few Xbox exclusive games on Switch each month and, vice versa, the Xbox gets a pass that allows you to play a few Switch exclusive games on Xbox each month. Would definitely be massive money makers for both companies.

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
I could see something like crossover pass happening between the consoles: meaning the Switch gets a pass that allows you to play a few Xbox exclusive games on Switch each month and, vice versa, the Xbox gets a pass that allows you to play a few Switch exclusive games on Xbox each month. Would definitely be massive money makers for both companies.
The only games I can realistically see going from Switch to Xbox are those who's franchise isn't owned by nintendo in any major capacity. Nintendo is VERY picky about letting their own franchises going to other consoles. Even games like Astral Chain & Xenoblade are a no-go.

Last edited:

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
While I don't think it would be linked with the GP, I can see the reason why there were six characters instead of five because of this reason. Either Microsoft or Square Enix wanted a second character in this pass.
And since I'm biased I'm going with Master Chief.
This is a good possibility. There's also the two per company theory. Two for Nintendo, two for Square Enix, and two for Microsoft. Even distribution. The Square Enix character would probably be Crono in such an event, considering the previous Vergeben leak. That being said, I don't subscribe to that theory. I think it's more likely we'll get a character from another company over another Square Enix one.

Lionfranky

Smash Lord
Speaking of Square Enix...

If this goes through, at least future Smash won't have to worry losing SE reps.
But, I think MS is content with partnership with SE regarding Gamepass for now.

Lionfranky

Smash Lord

• The Pit is coming back to Infinite. It's looking really good, fun to play and there are new ways to engage with this remade map.
  • We have been testing 4v4 competitive mode (slayer, ctf, and KOTH) and coming from a Halo player back in the day, Infinite feels just right. The movement, the shooting, the one-time abilities, everything flows just right. If you're an avid Halo 2/3/5 multiplayer, you'ill definitely be pleased with Infinite.
  • Flag-juggling is back.
  • You can pull players towards you using the grapple shot. You can pull anything on the map and throw to the opponent players. I managed to grab the flag using grapple shot and you can even "shoot" the flag against the enemy and you will kill them with it. Kinda like throwing the knife in Call Of Duty.
  • New medals are being introduced. One particular medal is to use grapple shot and get a kill launching an object.
  • You can pull weapons from the ground using the grapple shot
  • The matchmaking "social" ranking is based on military ranks from Halo 3, and competitive is based in Halo 5 with Onyx/Champion ranking etc...This time there will be a special rank to the very best players in Infinite. I'm super excited to see how's gonna be first to reach :)
  • Jeff Steitzer is back for multiplayer and he sounds wonderful
  • Weapons tested:
  • DMR
  • BR
  • Assault Rifle
  • Bulldog
  • Plasma Rifle
  • Plasma Pistol
  • Redesigned "sticky detonator" from Halo 4
  • Sword
  • Bunch of other "classic" weapons
  • Battle Pass system is coming back similar to MCC where you earn in-game currency to unlock the tiers. As far as i know, no MTX at launch.
  • 343 has years and years of multiplayer maps, new content, weapons, DLC planned for Infinite. The launch stuff is the beginning of a great Halo journey. I think we'll be testing even more Infinite content after launch as the company is pleased with our QA testing.
It's pleasantly surprising that sticky detonator is coming back. That's one of my favorite weapons. I think they should also bring materials from Extended Universe.

exlk

Smash Rookie
Aww yeah, just decided to buy the MCC and Halo 5: Guardians, fully for Xbox Series S instead of just playing them via Game Pass. Playing through Reach now. It's great fun, and hopefully with some luck we get our guy in Smash soon!

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

It's pleasantly surprising that sticky detonator is coming back. That's one of my favorite weapons. I think they should also bring materials from Extended Universe.
Worth mentioning that the subreddit mods couldn't properly verify the OP so we can more or less toss this one. Not that it really had anything too terribly surprising either way.

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
Just got my Master Chief statue in the mail today. I displayed him next to Crash, as they're my most wanted / prediction for the final two slots. Hopefully these statues will act as a good luck charm.
View attachment 311729
Would honestly be the most fitting final 2 characters: the face of Playstation (even if he wasn't ever owned by Sony) & the face of Xbox. Can't say I find them both likely as the last 2 unless we get a double reveal at e3. Cause if it's just fighter 10 then the chances of the last character being either 1st or 3rd party becomes 50-50 imo.

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
It’s probably fake but I figured I’d share this leak in here since it’s relevant to our interests lol

I’m not sure how I’d feel about Bewear of all characters. But I’d take anything if it means we get Chief & sometime of WOL update or Subspace 2.

F5AD9942-6F15-457A-A806-BACD5C12B7EC.jpg

I’m not sure how I feel about Chief being in fake leaks. It’s sort of validating since he was seen as a s***post pick or never ever for so long. But it’s also cruel because I want it to be real. 😭

GolisoPower

Smash Master
It’s probably fake but I figured I’d share this leak in here since it’s relevant to our interests lol

I’m not sure how I’d feel about Bewear of all characters. But I’d take anything if it means we get Chief & sometime of WOL update or Subspace 2.

View attachment 311938

I’m not sure how I feel about Chief being in fake leaks. It’s sort of validating since he was seen as a s***post pick or never ever for so long. But it’s also cruel because I want it to be real. 😭
Where'd you find this? Because honestly, it does seem pretty legit, but. Besides, we've had some legit pre-E3 leaks before (Battlefield and Booth leak from E3 2018), so I wouldn't put it past it for this being real. On the other hand...Pyra doesn't have her weird cape thing, and I dunno if I believe they'd stick with her Smash design when they could just stick with her OG XC2 design, although the fact that Falco, Pyra, Samus, and Pokemon Trainer are in this with Master Chief makes me think this is most likely for Smash. Furthermore, I don't think I can see Bewear anywhere...unless it's that strange ear...horn...thing above Pokemon Trainer.

Although this could be just for some commemorative outro movie for the presentation itself since Samus is using her Metroid Fusion design and all...

Last edited:

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
It originated on /v/. We discussed it in the DLC speculation thread & I’ve seen it on Twitter. It’s Definitley a lot better than most leaks. But it’s odd that they only leaked a scene with the last two characters & not another cutscene alongside it.

Here’s an animated version with Bewear in it. It wouldn’t let me post this earlier.

Last edited:

Lionfranky

Smash Lord

View attachment 311938

General consensus is that this is fake. Probably SFM. I just can't see that silhouette bring Doom Slayer because of upper part of leg armor doesn't stick like that. Also, I don't think how that image is enough to conclude that it's Halo 4 armor.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
It originated on /v/. We discussed it in the DLC speculation thread & I’ve seen it on Twitter. It’s Definitley a lot better than most leaks. But it’s odd that they only leaked a scene with the last two characters & not another cutscene alongside it.

Here’s an animated version with Bewear in it. It wouldn’t let me post this earlier.

I don't think Samus even has her Metroid Fusion armor as a palette swap in this game to begin with.

exlk

Smash Rookie
Either there's nothing to the Switch being shown at MS events or there is. Huh.... This gets more interesting by the day.

Top Bottom