• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"I need a weapon" - Master Chief

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
Without going too much into off-topic, Santa Monica seems to be okay with Kratos in Smash if this tweet is anything to by. Of course I also realize this is nothing more than a pipe dream.
Man, imagine if 2 of the last 3 characters were Chief & Kratos. It’d be mind blowing. Thrown in Crash as the third character too.

I do think Kratos has sort of an uphill battle due to how excessively violent the original trilogy was, as well as the sex mini-games. Dad of War Kratos would work since that game toned things down. But I could see Nintendo being turned off by the series’s past. But man, he’d be amazing.

Last edited:

Lionfranky

Smash Lord
I wrote a wall of essay at RTC thread. Lol it was one of my most passionate writings. Hopefully... people stop exaggerating Japan problem without thorough research.

Last edited:

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
Just read through it L Lionfranky . Really good write up.

The Mojang for Steve is something that I have always thought about. It feels like it is more of a Mojang representative than a Microsoft one. I don't think Steve hurt Chief's chance as much as what people first believed.

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
Yeah, I think I’ve said this before, but Steve bringing the Mojang copyright is suspicious. Especially since Banjo only brought Microsoft & no Rare.

I also think it might be a good sign that no in power at Xbox or 343 has mentioned Smash in a while. The last time was Frankie back in December 2018 when he said Chief wasn’t coming. That was right... for FP1. No ones said anything about FP2.

2006ToyotaTacoma

Smash Journeyman
All of the characters that'll almost certainly break the internet by joining Smash, Master Chief is without a doubt my personal pick. The biggest celebration of gaming history is lacking possibly the largest gaming genre, FPS's, and who better to rep the genre than arguably the most iconic FPS character period?

I may have never played Halo, but FPS's are what truly got me into gaming, and it would be a dream come true to see that genre be represented in Smash, be it Master Chief, Doomguy, hell even Captain Price, but Halo's soundtrack, moveset potential, and overall internet breaking potential put him at the top of my list, so without a doubt consider me a supporter.

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
All of the characters that'll almost certainly break the internet by joining Smash, Master Chief is without a doubt my personal pick. The biggest celebration of gaming history is lacking possibly the largest gaming genre, FPS's, and who better to rep the genre than arguably the most iconic FPS character period?

I may have never played Halo, but FPS's are what truly got me into gaming, and it would be a dream come true to see that genre be represented in Smash, be it Master Chief, Doomguy, hell even Captain Price, but Halo's soundtrack, moveset potential, and overall internet breaking potential put him at the top of my list, so without a doubt consider me a supporter.
Yeah, I think a FPS rep is the biggest hole in Smash’s roster right now. I’d prefer if the first one was Chief but DoomGuy, Gordon Freeman, Tracer, Heavy & Price would be awesome too.

Houndstooth

Smash Ace

Definitely find a way to give Halo a shot, man. Really great game with good lore.

Lionfranky

Smash Lord
Yeah, I think I’ve said this before, but Steve bringing the Mojang copyright is suspicious. Especially since Banjo only brought Microsoft & no Rare.

I also think it might be a good sign that no in power at Xbox or 343 has mentioned Smash in a while. The last time was Frankie back in December 2018 when he said Chief wasn’t coming. That was right... for FP1. No ones said anything about FP2.
Besides few pr guys like that community manager or Xbox French account saying stuff...

We are safe for now.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion

Hi There Halo Fans, what do you guys think of the Master Chief Mii Costume Leak? I am not in the group on whether it's real or fake, but I do love the Bomberman color scheme used for it here, they all remind me of Red Vs. Blue.

GolisoPower

Smash Master

Hi There Halo Fans, what do you guys think of the Master Chief Mii Costume Leak? I am not in the group on whether it's real or fake, but I do love the Bomberman color scheme used for it here, they all remind me of Red Vs. Blue.
Hmmm...I don't think this is right...I can certainly see why a Master Chief Mii Costume can use Bomberman's color schtick, but here's the problem: the limbs look weird to me. I mean, we have stuff like Altair as a Mii Costume, and that works just fine, but this...just doesn't seem right to me. I feel like if they're going to make a Mii Costume of Chief, they'd make his limbs more closely match that of the original Mii Fighter.

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan

I think it’s fake. If this was real, it’d have come with Steve.

This is the first of a monthly series of Infinite updates. There’s some interesting stuff here!

2006ToyotaTacoma

Smash Journeyman

I don't buy it for a couple of reasons:
  • The limbs look really off. They're extremely skinny, especially compared to other mech armor-like costumes for the Mii's (Samus's suit for example) and in comparison to the rest of the body looks disproportional.
  • Wouldn't it have come with Steve, considering both are owned by Microsoft?
  • It could easily be a mod, especially now that we know high quality Mii costume mods are a real think (The Mod Geno Costume for instance)
So overall I'm almost certain its a mod, but I do have to give props to whoever made it: it's really high quality (even though the limbs are off).

Last edited:

MagnesD3

Smash Master
I think it’s fake. If this was real, it’d have come with Steve.

This is the first of a monthly series of Infinite updates. There’s some interesting stuff here!
Wish I could be excited for infinite, too bad halo5 happened..

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
That pessimism is understandable, especially when you remember the awesome marketing that was had for the Halo 5 campaign, none of which turned out to be in the actual game. Something as misleading as that makes it hard to trust them again. That said, am liking the new and improved visuals for the weapons and stuff.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
That pessimism is understandable, especially when you remember the awesome marketing that was had for the Halo 5 campaign, none of which turned out to be in the actual game. Something as misleading as that makes it hard to trust them again. That said, am liking the new and improved visuals for the weapons and stuff.
Yeah I consumed all of the pre material since halo 4 was such a big surprise to me quality wise that it’s my second favorite halo game, so when I got burned I got burned hard.. probably the most disappointed I’ve ever been at a game, single player sucked and the multiplayer didn’t play like halo, much pain...

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
I think it’s understandable to be skeptical. But I definitely think there’s a big difference between 5’s marketing & Infinite’s.

5 was focused on a story that never actually happened. Infinite’s been focused on giving details about Halo is returning to its roots gameplay wise.

MattX20

Smash Hero
That Mii Costume looks a bit iffy. Still, I hope for Halo Infinite to be a good game at least

MagnesD3

Smash Master
I think it’s understandable to be skeptical. But I definitely think there’s a big difference between 5’s marketing & Infinite’s.

5 was focused on a story that never actually happened. Infinite’s been focused on giving details about Halo is returning to its roots gameplay wise.
Well if the pace is slowed, the new guns are fun and radar works then at least multiplayer may be fun for me

MattX20

Smash Hero
A person I know is claiming Infinite is going to suck simply because the OG shotgun won't be in it

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Source on shotgun not being in? With how much a staple it is, find a little hard to believe.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Source on shotgun not being in? With how much a staple it is, find a little hard to believe.
It was on a Discord chat, and he didn't source his claim. " I’ll just sit there with Craig and watch as the once fantastic franchise finally dies." is what he said after that

Gazorpazorpfield

Smash Journeyman
It was on a Discord chat, and he didn't source his claim. " I’ll just sit there with Craig and watch as the once fantastic franchise finally dies." is what he said after that
Eh, OG Shotgun was pretty one note, imo. It instakills up close and is a peashooter past that. At least mechanically the Bulldog looks more nuanced. Less cheese up close, less garbo from afar. Though I dislike the idea of Power Weapons in general, so I may be in the minority preferring the new Shotty.

Lionfranky

Smash Lord
This new article makes it seem like the dumb Spartan Abilities are out in favor of equipment. So the pace should definitely be slowed down.
Like it or not, Spartan Abilities are solid movesets to pull for Smash.

They can always bring back old weapons with dlc or updates. Holding back old weapons and bringing them back later on are solid strategy.

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
Like it or not, Spartan Abilities are solid movesets to pull for Smash.

They can always bring back old weapons with dlc or updates. Holding back old weapons and bringing them back later on are solid strategy.
They could work in Smash & I wouldn’t be too angry, but I think you can definitely build a moveset without them. I imagine 343 might advise not to include them as well since it seems like they’re moving past them. I’ve seen the Spartan Charge used a lot as his dash attack but I think the iconic Sword lunge could work very well too.

& yeah, I think the OG shotgun will be added as a free update. Or perhaps it’ll be included at launch now that the game’s been delayed a year. The last time we heard about it was before the delay.

I dropped Halo 5 very early on but didn’t they add the Halo 2 BR & SPUNKR rockets in an update? I think they were actually those versions too & not just skins.

Last edited:

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan

MattX20

Smash Hero
Double post buuut, this could spell very good news for us. This could heavily imply that Nintendo will Green lit a third pass, giving Chief even more of a chance to join! I could understand him not getting into FP2 since we already have Steve, but if it’d be insane not to include him in a third pass.

It depends on whether or not Sakurai and the team would be willing to do a 3rd season. Currently, I'm treating the last 3 characters as the last DLC overall until proven otherwise

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
I think there’s a good chance that Sakurai will be inspired by the long term support that other fighting games have received. I’d say that a FP3 would be the finale though.

I don’t think it’s set in stone, but I’m optimistic.

Top Bottom