• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"I need a weapon" - Master Chief

ZelDan

Smash Master
halo Reach is my favorite game in the series, and the amount of time I put into that game's multiplayer is just ridiculous.

If we get Reach multiplayer on PC/Steam I'm going to lose it probably.

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
halo Reach is my favorite game in the series, and the amount of time I put into that game's multiplayer is just ridiculous.

If we get Reach multiplayer on PC/Steam I'm going to lose it probably.
I mean, I'm pretty sure that's a thing they're doing for all of the MCC games.

Honestly wouldn't be surprised if after Infinite releases they add an update that adds 5 since everyone would probably be playing Infinite instead (unless they screw it up more than five).

Just no trading card loot pack things k thanks

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
Do you guys think there is still hope for master chief to make it in smash? Those rumors got my hope up again.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Do you guys think there is still hope for master chief to make it in smash? Those rumors got my hope up again.
Absolutely. With the tweet being a blatant ****post(which would explain why the context makes no sense. The response to it isn't about him being playable, it's about him not being in the game in any possible way. The tweet means so little due to too many factors. It's one of the weakest disconfirmations as well. Why on earth would he be talking about the context being "I just downloaded the game" if it didn't exactly mean that he isn't in the current version of the game... which is the only thing that fits it entirely). For that matter, no way he would be allowed to even say that much if an NDA existed towards Microsoft for any of their properties. No hints would be allowed. If Microsoft is even involved, then he can't say anything. Unless it's a deliberate misleading statement, which might not break the NDA alone.

So yeah, his chances are still good. Halo and Xbox have little presence in Japan, which actually does hurt his chances. A misleading tweet? Meaningless and is taken way more seriously than it deserves. If he even gets a Mii Costume, then the tweet is meaningless. Even a spirit alone. That's how little it means. And he's going to get one or the other if Microsoft is involved. He's way too iconic to be ignored, and thanks to the Minecraft Master Chief costume, we know there isn't an issue with him cameo-ing in a Nintendo game.

Gazorpazorpfield

Smash Journeyman
Absolutely. With the tweet being a blatant ****post(which would explain why the context makes no sense. The response to it isn't about him being playable, it's about him not being in the game in any possible way. The tweet means so little due to too many factors. It's one of the weakest disconfirmations as well. Why on earth would he be talking about the context being "I just downloaded the game" if it didn't exactly mean that he isn't in the current version of the game... which is the only thing that fits it entirely). For that matter, no way he would be allowed to even say that much if an NDA existed towards Microsoft for any of their properties. No hints would be allowed. If Microsoft is even involved, then he can't say anything. Unless it's a deliberate misleading statement, which might not break the NDA alone.

So yeah, his chances are still good. Halo and Xbox have little presence in Japan, which actually does hurt his chances. A misleading tweet? Meaningless and is taken way more seriously than it deserves. If he even gets a Mii Costume, then the tweet is meaningless. Even a spirit alone. That's how little it means. And he's going to get one or the other if Microsoft is involved. He's way too iconic to be ignored, and thanks to the Minecraft Master Chief costume, we know there isn't an issue with him cameo-ing in a Nintendo game.
I dunno if I see things that way; Frank O'Connor said pretty plainly that Chief isn't Smash DLC. I don't think a disconfirmation like that leaves much room for interpretation, though I'd love to be wrong. If another Fighter's Pass actually happened, then Chief would totally be a viable choice, but as things stand I can't see the tweet meaning anything aside from "no, Nintendo didn't approach us about him, sorry".

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I dunno if I see things that way; Frank O'Connor said pretty plainly that Chief isn't Smash DLC. I don't think a disconfirmation like that leaves much room for interpretation, though I'd love to be wrong. If another Fighter's Pass actually happened, then Chief would totally be a viable choice, but as things stand I can't see the tweet meaning anything aside from "no, Nintendo didn't approach us about him, sorry".
...While explicitly downloading the game that has no DLC at the time in question. No duh he isn't DLC... at the time.. The only actual context otherwise is a person whining "He'd better be DLC!"(which had nothing to do with being playable, but just being among the purchaseable DLC, or maybe not even purchaseable. Spirits are DLC too) while Frank Conner gave the most ****posty response possible while dismissing everything possible(best he can do under an NDA otherwise, if he's allowed to say anything to begin with). There is no way he would be allowed to say anything concrete if MIcrosoft had any NDA going on. So it only means two things; he's saying meaningless stuff or Microsoft isn't involved with Smash at all. It's more likely the former, as again, it's a hard ****post that people take way more seriously than it deserves.

There's probably only one Fighter's Pass as well. Master Chief still has a realistic chance of being on it, with the only tangible factor is the lack of Japanese presence. Which is why he'd probably just be a Spirit or Mii Costume, which would be DLC(exactly what was said he apparently isn't). But seeing as the chance of him not being even those is extremely low(meaning he's very likely going to be some kind of Smash DLC even while not being playable), it completely makes the tweet worthless as soon as it can happen. That's why people taking the tweet heavily out of context is an issue. He wasn't once talking about being playable, after all. Nobody was.

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Im certainly excited to see MCC come to PC. I actually think its very likely we could see it coming to Switch in the coming years with crossplay between Xbone and PC.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Master Chief still has a realistic chance of being on it, with the only tangible factor is the lack of Japanese presence.
If I remember correctly, Halo 3 was a Japanese bestseller. I feel that gives more presence in Japan than one might come in on.

Gazorpazorpfield

Smash Journeyman
If I remember correctly, Halo 3 was a Japanese bestseller. I feel that gives more presence in Japan than one might come in on.
I can't imagine this is the case. Xbox has never been a popular brand in Japan, and unless I'm mistaken, the Halo games only sold around ~ 70,000-80,000 copies over there. Not entirely niche, sure, but I don't remember Halo enjoying dynamite sales figures, overseas.

LightKnight

Smash Journeyman
With all the rumors going around and Microsoft and Nintendo being all buddy buddy I've started to think Chief has a real fighting chance of getting into the game's DLC. It wouldn't surprise me if he got in close to the release of Halo Infinite as an advertising stunt. Even if that means him being part of a second character pack set. As I'm pretty sure we are getting more DLC characters than those 5.

Geassguy

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure we are getting more DLC characters than those 5.
I agree, it just seems unlikely they're gonna start another game any time soon, and the alternative to continuing to support this one in lieu of a new Smash game is to let the series stagnate/get left behind. Better to keep adding to it and porting it if a successor isn't planned. Add more modes and stages too, not just characters. Make Ultimate even more "Ultimate".

Time to just let Sakurai take a less active role and let someone else lead the DLC.
If they go this route and continue adding characters, I can definitely see Microsoft's continuing expansion eventually leading to MC and BK in Smash. Pretty sure Sakurai and the team are aware of those character's status in the history of gaming, for a large portion of their player base.

Last edited:

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Count me in as a supporter.
Whether Chief gets in this game or not, he's a character that I'd love to see in Smash eventually.

SKX31

Smash Master
Pretty damn late, but count me in as a supporter too!

While I haven't played a lot of Halo, I have Chief as one of my most wanted since he (and the Halo universe in general) could complement Smash greatly in multiple ways (and not just as a counterpoint to Samus / Metroid). Kinda hoping that the MCC (or a Halo game if MCC's too big) for Switch rumors turn out true.

By the by, I still think Chief's chances for this Fighter Pass are rather low despite Frank being a notorious troll.

dinkeytom

Smash Apprentice
Add me to the supporter list. I was first introduced to Halo with Halo 3. I had bought an an Xbox 360, in 2009 to play games by Rare Ltd and was told Halo was a great series to get into. I have been invested ever since.
I would like Master Chief to be a fighter in Smash, but I believe 343i will not let him because of expanded universe reasons. They may just allow a genetic Spartan in just like that girl in DOA4.

Gazorpazorpfield

Smash Journeyman
Add me to the supporter list. I was first introduced to Halo with Halo 3. I had bought an an Xbox 360, in 2009 to play games by Rare Ltd and was told Halo was a great series to get into. I have been invested ever since.
I would like Master Chief to be a fighter in Smash, but I believe 343i will not let him because of expanded universe reasons. They may just allow a genetic Spartan in just like that girl in DOA4.
I thought they originally intended it to be Chief, but the character was changed to Nicole because they couldn't get Steve Downes. Although I could see expanded universe silliness to be the reason for it, too. I'm sure they would make an exception for Smash, though.

SKX31

Smash Master
I feel 343 would make an exception for Smash.
Yea, they would absolutely.

(By the way, wild theory time! I'm aware I could be completely off the rails.)

I've weirdly enough grown more optimistic about Chief's chances, if only because of Frank's track record with his social media posts. That second sentence, that he got SSBU, does complicate things futher. And 343 do know from Halo DS that a Halo game can be built / ported onto a portable system like the Switch. Therefor they could bypass Chief only being on a Nintendo system via technicality (the MineCraft costume). Given that Frank successfully hid an entire remaster, I would not count out 343 hiding a Halo port to Switch and / or Chief's inclusion to SSBU. At least until E3 / whenever.

It would fit Microsoft's moves to diversify too. Again, an older Halo game (or multiple) on other systems like the PC, Infinite exclusive to the Xbox console. Does still preserve some exclusivity while giving more people the chance to buy and test out the Halo franchise. Not a bad option when digital download and streaming are king of media consumption.

There are some caveats: Microsoft are probably a bit wary of sharing Halo around willy-niilly. The fact that MCC was announced just for PCs does dent the theory some (unless a Switch port or Game Pass coming to Switch is announced at E3 with Nintendo). And then there's the whole competition thing. If Microsoft gets only one DLC slot, which two candidates gets excluded / shoved aside to non-playable status for now in order for the third one to succeed? That question isn't fully solved even if Microsoft somehow gets two DLC slots. That question probably plays a major role in both Nintendo and Microsoft being quiet. Regardless of who got chosen in the end the decision(s) came down to the absolute wire.

Gazorpazorpfield

Smash Journeyman
If I were to guess, I'd say Banjo and Kazooie have the highest probability of making it in, as Nintendo themselves would most likely approach Microsoft about them due to fan demand. I mean, if Microsoft gets two slots for some reason, I can't imagine Nintendo would rather go with Steve, even if Minecraft is as big as it is; Chief would just be the bigger announcement. So I guess my hierarchy goes

1. Banjo and Kazooie
2. Master Chief
3. Steve

Besides, I have a feeling the Smash community would take to Chief better if he didn't get in over Banjo, but rather alongside him. Doesn't sound likely, but w/e

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Master Chief is probably disconfirmed(I say probably, due to the usual trolling the company owner likes to do). This seems more likely as a way to conclude it, since we can't tell until it happens.

Cuphead is straight out disconfirmed. He's nowhere near possible.

Realistically, Steve does have the most advantages of being the strongest right now. He's the most iconic while not being disconfirmed(he's otherwise equivalent to Master Chief). Then it'd be Banjo & Kazooie due to heavy fan demand, and Phil Spencer making it clear he'd have no issue with it. Lastly is Master Chief, due to his apparent disconfirmation. All the other MIcrosoft characters beyond that(bar Cuphead who is not coming in this Fighter's Pass, as straight out said by the developers, who don't have a history of trolling nor a very weirdly done tweet that is similar to a ****post). So ones like Jade, Fulgore, Jago, Battletoads, Conker, Joanna Dark, Marcus Fenix, etc(might not be any other notable ones, maybe?). are in the same boat. All in "4th possible option". They aren't impossible, but don't exactly have anything special going for them at this time realistically. They lack the same amount of fan requests or iconic nature that the first 3 have by far.

So basically;

1. Steve
2. Banjo & Kazooie
3. Master Chief
4. Everybody else of reasonable note
5/Not happening: Cuphead, as directly said by the developers(as they outright said they have not been in talks about Smash. Hard disconfirmation for this Fighter's Pass. Regardless, Steve and Banjo & Kazooie currently top the charts if Master Chief is removed due to the apparent disconfirmation. They're MIcrosoft's biggest guns right now as well as respectfully very iconic. Steve is moreso than Banjo, but that doesn't inherently mean much when fan demand is also a factor. The one being heavily promoted does seem more likely, though). Master Chief can definitely appear in this category too.
6. Actually impossible at any point, like James Bond. Any other game character Microsoft owns that was not mentioned falls under 4 or 5.

SKX31

Smash Master
So basically;

1. Steve
2. Banjo & Kazooie
3. Master Chief
5/Not happening: Cuphead, as directly said by the developers(as they outright said they have not been in talks about Smash. Hard disconfirmation for this Fighter's Pass. Regardless, Steve and Banjo & Kazooie currently top the charts if Master Chief is removed due to the apparent disconfirmation. They're MIcrosoft's biggest guns right now as well as respectfully very iconic. Steve is moreso than Banjo, but that doesn't inherently mean much when fan demand is also a factor. The one being heavily promoted does seem more likely, though). Master Chief can definitely appear in this category too.
6. Actually impossible at any point, like James Bond. Any other game character Microsoft owns that was not mentioned falls under 4 or 5.
Around where I'd order then too. Steve at 60 - 65 %, Banjo-Kazooie at around 20 % and Chief at 15-20ish (even with my optimism around him). That said, it's subject to change depending on which rumors turn out true (or if all of them are false). And if multiple rumors turn out true (such as Rare Replay and MCC coming to the Switch)? All bets are off then. Still, no matter how the discussions went down I'm leaning towards one thing: that any potential deal struck between Nintendo and Microsoft would be comprehensive. Not only since we're talking about two console manufacturers, but also since both companies have a very wide spread. Smash could function as a major stepping stone, not just for the characters / IPs themselves but also for the companies to build further ties.

My previous post was full of assumptions, I know (wild theory after all). But then again, hopes and dreams after all (something really subjective).

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Around where I'd order then too. Steve at 60 - 65 %, Banjo-Kazooie at around 20 % and Chief at 15-20ish (even with my optimism around him). That said, it's subject to change depending on which rumors turn out true (or if all of them are false). And if multiple rumors turn out true (such as Rare Replay and MCC coming to the Switch)? All bets are off then. Still, no matter how the discussions went down I'm leaning towards one thing: that any potential deal struck between Nintendo and Microsoft would be comprehensive. Not only since we're talking about two console manufacturers, but also since both companies have a very wide spread. Smash could function as a major stepping stone, not just for the characters / IPs themselves but also for the companies to build further ties.

My previous post was full of assumptions, I know (wild theory after all). But then again, hopes and dreams after all (something really subjective).
Rare Replay could matter, same with Master Chief Collection, but it's based upon factors beyond game promotion alone. Steve tops it out due to multiple factors beyond promotional purposes, so it's why I have more faith in him. Master Chief might actually be disconfirmed, even with the MCC coming.

I don't think the chances are going to change even then. That said, we can absolutely get any of these 3 or another of the "4th options" instead. But as I said, there's little going for them(the 4th options). With Persona 5 not coming to the Switch any time soon, there's no real reason to believe "promotion" is a key factor in any way. It definitely wasn't when Cloud was added either. He was hard promoted as FFVII only. Which we didn't get till after Ultimate's announcement.

...I shouldn't need to go into why Cuphead is not going to be in the Fighter's Pass, of course. Can't get more hard disconfirmed than that. There's at least some kind of factor that means MC isn't absolutely disconfirmed, but I won't pretend he's likely right now. That said, however, the tweet implies he won't be in the game in any way. I highly highly doubt that. Maybe not playable, but not simply a Spirit or Mii Costume? Sounds like bull to me. And the tweet was pretty much saying "I can't wait to download Master Chief who would be in the game in some form." Not specifically playable. Even the tiniest cameo of Master Chief proves the tweet reply was full of ****. This is the big reason I don't take it seriously. I am prepared for the idea he makes no Smash cameos at all, though. I just find it as likely as B&K not having a cameo with Steve playable(for an example). That is, severely unlikely.

Last edited:

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
Master Chief is probably disconfirmed(I say probably, due to the usual trolling the company owner likes to do). This seems more likely as a way to conclude it, since we can't tell until it happens.

Cuphead is straight out disconfirmed. He's nowhere near possible.

Realistically, Steve does have the most advantages of being the strongest right now. He's the most iconic while not being disconfirmed(he's otherwise equivalent to Master Chief). Then it'd be Banjo & Kazooie due to heavy fan demand, and Phil Spencer making it clear he'd have no issue with it. Lastly is Master Chief, due to his apparent disconfirmation. All the other MIcrosoft characters beyond that(bar Cuphead who is not coming in this Fighter's Pass, as straight out said by the developers, who don't have a history of trolling nor a very weirdly done tweet that is similar to a ****post). So ones like Jade, Fulgore, Jago, Battletoads, Conker, Joanna Dark, Marcus Fenix, etc(might not be any other notable ones, maybe?). are in the same boat. All in "4th possible option". They aren't impossible, but don't exactly have anything special going for them at this time realistically. They lack the same amount of fan requests or iconic nature that the first 3 have by far.

So basically;

1. Steve
2. Banjo & Kazooie
3. Master Chief
I'm getting very tired of your blind fanboyism. In truth, very few people actually want Steve, ESPECIALLY in comparison to the massive number of people who want Banjo, and his design has obvious problems that prevent him from being in the game. To add Steve when the demand for other Microsoft characters is significantly higher would just be an act of outright cruelty that would infuriate a large portion of their customer base and directly contradict their statement that the DLC will consist of "must haves" for Nintendo fans. Minecraft is far and away not associated with Nintendo to any significant degree whereas Banjo and Chief have more going for them in that regard. A faceless template character that was designed in less than two minutes and was meant to be placeholder graphics is not "iconic". The cold truth is that Steve is even less likely than Cuphead at this point and any statement to the contrary is pure fanboyism conjecture. Cuphead does not have the same problems Steve does. His design does not present problems of readability or animation flaws. Steve is in no way shape or form a design that is even remotely suitable for Smash. He is not and I repeat NOT ever happening and I wonder if you'll feel foolish that you ever thought he was likely when he INEVITABLY gets deconfirmed. Cuphead at least has a chance to appear in the future because his design is not a barrier to animating well in Smash - just the opposite.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I’m hoping this doesn’t become another Steve argument thread. That’s what the Banjo thread feels like at certain times.

So uh... what music would everyone want? I’m personally hoping for “One Final Effort”.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Josh, if all you're gonna do is continue making bad faith arguments against Steve, I'm going to have to kindly ask you to not post in my thread.
I don't want any toxicity in my thread.

If you absolutely must argue about something then do so in good faith, otherwise I'll have to ask a mod to thread ban you

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
I’m hoping this doesn’t become another Steve argument thread. That’s what the Banjo thread feels like at certain times.
That's because Steve fanboys simply will NOT stop invading other threads to bloviate about their UTTERLY HOPELESS character that absolutely very few people other than a noisy few actually want. Steve discussion should be outright banned from any thread that is not about Steve. The reason these arguments keep happening is because next to no one actually wants Steve and instead of accepting this fact, the Steve fanboys insist on bringing him up in unrelated threads to try and change everyones minds when in fact they are just making everyone hate him even more. Everyone is sick and tired of these people being blind to what a supremely unworthy character Steve is and he should NOT be brought up in any other thread ever.

Josh, if all you're gonna do is continue making bad faith arguments against Steve, I'm going to have to kindly ask you to not post in my thread.

If you absolutely must argue about something then do so in good faith, otherwise I'll have to ask a mod to thread ban you
Excuse me? I do not have bad faith. I only have demonstrable facts. And the fact is no one AT ALL was talking about Steve until a Steve fanboy brought it up, it is obvious that they deliberately want this to happen. Why don't you ban the discussion of Steve from happening in this thread instead? Or any thread outside of the Steve thread at all for that matter? This always happens because they are not able to keep discussion about their character contained and arguments pop up because literally EVERYONE is sick of it. Blame the people who are culpable for this, not me. "Bad faith" only applies to ones arguing for Steve since they are completely blind to reason and the reason they keep bringing him up in unrelated threads is to defend him entirely in bad faith. It is bad faith that makes them believe they will somehow "convert" people to be Steve supporters instead of driving more people away, and what makes them think he is even viable in a game like Smash where every characters has more than five seconds of thought put into their designs.

Honestly reactions like this are precisely the reason people are largely migrating away from this community.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
So uh... anyone else gonna replay Reach when it hits MCC?

Personally I just wanna get the second recon helmet attachment again. The one that was a bonus for pre ordering (even though I didn't preorder but purchased a few days after release I still got a copy with the code).

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I'm not banning any avenue of discussion here so long as people aren't being asses.

Personally I just wanna get the second recon helmet attachment again. The one that was a bonus for pre ordering (even though I didn't preorder but purchased a few days after release I still got a copy with the code).
I'm jumping on it the moment it comes out and finishes downloading.
Could be earlier if I get lucky and get included in 343's flight tests for Steam.

Gazorpazorpfield

Smash Journeyman

So uh... what music would everyone want? I’m personally hoping for “One Final Effort”.

I'd add Finish the Fight to the list. It's one of Halo 3's biggest songs, involves the original Halo theme, and would work great for a reveal trailer :4pacman:

Beyond that, I think a couple 343-era tracks should be included, like Arrival from Halo 4 or The Trials from Halo 5. Get a good mix in there, ya know?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

I already own most of the games, so I probably won't pick up the collection. I guess it depends if there's issues trying to play the original Xbox games?

From a mod standpoint, it's better to report immediately instead of threatening to have a mod do something about it. It makes it sound like we're attack dogs or something. Though I can say the accusation is false. I never even played the game. I just recognize Steve and Minecraft's immense importance to gaming. No more, no less.

Regardless, people were clearly talking about "who seems more likely and why", so I put my two cents in(if this is a problem, let me know). Overall, Master Chief is my second option after Fulgore, with Steve being my third, and Banjo & Kazooie being my forth. I don't think Fulgore will actually get in due to Killer Instinct being a competing fighting game, but they're also different genres. Even then, I could see it as the idea people wouldn't stay with KI if they get the mascot in Smash instead. It's a thought process that's a general thing for competing games. I don't think it's great logic by any means, but competing games can have weird developer/owner thoughts as is.

Last edited:

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Though I can say the accusation is false. I never even played the game. I just recognize Steve and Minecraft's immense importance to gaming. No more, no less.
THIS. I have literally no attachment to Steve, still never played his game and will choose Chief over him any day of my life, but to downplay his starpower is very, VERY silly.

dinkeytom

Smash Apprentice
Steve arguments are so boring. I am not a fan of Minecraft, I can't see the appeal of the game, but I don't believe the character's design and movements should be a reason not to include him. It just sounds immature. I wouldn't be angry in seeing Steve in Smash. In fact I will find it quite funny to see him interact with all those characters. Of course I would want Banjo and Master Chief over Steve.

I'd imagine that if a Microsoft character gets announced, it might also bring the possibility of Smash Bros getting a better online infrastructure, say a Microsoft based stack.

I personally don't think the Chief's arsenal will be censored. His weapons are too sci-fi than realistic.
If he does get in I believe he would be taller than Ganondorf and be heavyweight. Cortana needs to make an appearance and he should use the bubble shield as his guard.
If ATs are included, 343 Guilty Spark should be the choice.
It would also be funny if Doritos and Mountain Dew were added to the recovery food.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Steve arguments are so boring. I am not a fan of Minecraft, I can't see the appeal of the game, but I don't believe the character's design and movements should be a reason not to include him. It just sounds immature. I wouldn't be angry in seeing Steve in Smash. In fact I will find it quite funny to see him interact with all those characters. Of course I would want Banjo and Master Chief over Steve.
Things like moveset and design are a part of the overall character's presentation. It's just been debunked that the character is impossible to fit in. Not that everybody should like how he can work even when he can. Nothing wrong with not being a fan of a character as long as you're reasonable about it.

I'd imagine that if a Microsoft character gets announced, it might also bring the possibility of Smash Bros getting a better online infrastructure, say a Microsoft based stack.
Sadly, I doubt we'd get any of that. Microsoft would just be getting content like Spirits, Music, Stages, Mii Costumes, and playable Characters at most. It would be nice if Nintendo actually had them help a bit in making the online better, though. But they're being gone to for licensing of usage of their content specifically. If more happens, it'd be surprising. It's not impossible, though. Stranger things have happened. I mean, we got the Halo Mash-Up Pack as the first ever Halo content on Nintendo. That's pretty cool that a Xbox-exclusive thing came over due to how well the companies are doing together.

I personally don't think the Chief's arsenal will be censored. His weapons are too sci-fi than realistic.
If he does get in I believe he would be taller than Ganondorf and be heavyweight. Cortana needs to make an appearance and he should use the bubble shield as his guard.
If ATs are included, 343 Guilty Spark should be the choice.
It would also be funny if Doritos and Mountain Dew were added to the recovery food.
I would hope we'd get AT's during DLC. I like your ideas though. They sound fun and fitting.

I don't think Nintendo is going to license another company just for the food products, though. It'd be really neat if they did, however. :)

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

Wait. Holy ****, Reach is coming to the MCC? ODST may be the #1 but Reach is a close 2nd for me.

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
Here’s my list of tracks I’d like to see in Smash:

Halo Theme
Perilous Journey
A Walk In The Woods
Under Cover of Night
On A Pale Horse

Halo 2 Mjolnir Mix
Follow
Impend
Heretic, Hero
The Last Spartan
Earth City
Unyielding

Out of Shadow
This Is Our Land
Farthest Outpost
One Final Effort
Finish the Fight

Deference for Darkness
Traffic Jam
Neon Night

Halo: Reach Overture
Tip of the Spear

To Galaxy
Arrival

The Trials

The Champion of Sanghelios (Arbiter’s theme in Killer Instinct)

I grouped it by game. I haven’t played Halo Wars in a long time & haven’t gotten around to HW2 yet, so I’m not sure if there’d be any suitable tracks there.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I REALLY hope 343 nails Halo Infinite. Yeah, I think there's the possibility they could screw it up, I heard they screwed up 5 I've yet to actually play it, but I think if they go back to Halo being about the Chief and maybe Cortana if it really is a reboot they could do a really good job.

I'm kind of hoping Halo Infinite is open world, too. That's the vibe the trailer gave me and being able to openly explore an open world as vibrant as that one is a dream come true. Especially if you can visit different parts of the ring. I'm very intrigued by this game. Wasn't by 5 but Infinite is definitely getting me hyped.

ZelDan

Smash Master
I REALLY hope 343 nails Halo Infinite. Yeah, I think there's the possibility they could screw it up, I heard they screwed up 5 I've yet to actually play it, but I think if they go back to Halo being about the Chief and maybe Cortana if it really is a reboot they could do a really good job.

I'm kind of hoping Halo Infinite is open world, too. That's the vibe the trailer gave me and being able to openly explore an open world as vibrant as that one is a dream come true. Especially if you can visit different parts of the ring. I'm very intrigued by this game. Wasn't by 5 but Infinite is definitely getting me hyped.
Multiplayer wise halo 5 was actually nice and a step up from 4. The story of the single player campaign...not so much.

I'm certainly intrigued by Halo Infinite, and would actually like to see them really change up the single player because, well, while I am a fan of the series' multiplayer, single player has always been kinda whatever for me. Would be nice for Infinite to change that.

Gazorpazorpfield

Smash Journeyman
Multiplayer wise halo 5 was actually nice and a step up from 4. The story of the single player campaign...not so much.

I'm certainly intrigued by Halo Infinite, and would actually like to see them really change up the single player because, well, while I am a fan of the series' multiplayer, single player has always been kinda whatever for me. Would be nice for Infinite to change that.
While I think Halo is generally stronger in multiplayer than single-player, I didn't think Halo 5's was all that. The Spartan Abilities are a nifty idea, but between every player being able to Sprint, immediately change or increase their velocity with the Thruster Pack, and cross-map other players with half the weapons due to Smart-Scope, I think they did more harm than good.

In terms of Campaign... yeah, we don't talk about Halo 5's Campaign.

This time around, I think they've got Paul Crocker on the team, who apparently was the head writer for the Arkham games. Hopefully that bodes well for Infinite.

They kinda need to nail Infinite. The general public hasn't much cared for Halo since 2010, and 343's recent efforts have kiiiiinda made that worse. Like you, I think an open world (or more open levels) could be good for the series. A couple mechanical touch-ups (like removing Spartan Abilities) could make the gameplay tighter, and the open spaces could allow players to be more creative with the game's sandbox. From a narrative perspective, they can only really go up, to be honest. 5 isn't a particularly hard act to follow.

Last edited:
Top Bottom