• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I Met Sakurai!

sprittles

Smash Apprentice
Ok, Here is what happend, My dad who works down at San Fransico, told me that their was a Brawl set up going down their, (tournament probally) and He took me down their to show me everything going on, (he knows i like brawl Wink
And a bunch of Japanise people are talking (look's like they were really rich with those suits on.) Than I see someone familiar, I quickly ask? COULD THAT BE? NO, Impossible he is not supposed to be down at the GDC or tourney yet. Though I go closer to the stand (where they were talking), Of course I could not understand their language, I try to imagine Sakurai's face again and again, it looks so much like him, but WHY would he be their? I ask my dad, and he said he does not know who they are, "but they came down from Japan to Discuss GDC", I was like? NO WAY, I walk by them, (wait like 4 minutes for them to stop talking) And I (try to pronounce the name) Sakurai, and HE LOOKED AT ME, I stood their like an idiot for 10 seconds, than slowly walked closer to him. (the other people he was with just staired at me lol). I dont know Japanise so I wave my hands and say "Kirby" hoping its the same in japanise, than he said "Yes, Hello" I asked if he could speak english and one of the other japanies guys said, he only knows a little and laughed. I shook his hand, and said thank you for brawl and kirby." He nodded his head and smiled. I walked away because they started to talk again.

I was the happiest person EVER!...Until

Forgot an Autograph
Ask about DLC or characters
MANY OTHER THINGS,

This happend at noon today Feburay 18th.

Please don't flame me about not asking what you want, because I am really shy when it comes to "gods" lol.

I don't know exactly why he was their with them, but hope to my dad's words he was right.

Closing comments.

This is true, some will think that im lying (ok with that) but I just really wanted to share my experiance.

I have no idea how long he is staying down their for GDC or tournaments whatever.

I will never wash my hand again. Wink

Thanks for reading. Very Happy

firedragon_jing

Smash Ace
Nice, to bad you couldn't have gotten an autograph. Or at least a cell phone pic.

You should have asked about characters, he'd probably would have denied anything though.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
You for got the Autograph?!?!?! NOOOO!!!!

Oh well, at least you meet the guy that created Smash. I wish I had that kind of luck....

Impossibilities

Smash Apprentice
Nice....wish I could've met the dude....probably would've asked his "translator" for more info then just saying thanks though. No autograph :(

TheZeroOne

Smash Apprentice
Haha. That is awesome. Too bad on the autograph though =[.

I would never get to meet people like that. Mostly because I don't go out much aside from School and to the Park.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
lol. Imagine if you would have had a copy of Brawl for him to sign...

"Can you sign my copy of Brawl?"

"Sure! Hand it o-- hey, how'd you-- thief! You stole my Brawl!"
"Americans..."

Libomasus

Smash Journeyman
Seems too awkward to not be true. I guess he was busy, not likely you'd feel very anxious to ask any questions.

sprittles

Smash Apprentice
lol. Imagine if you would have had a copy of Brawl for him to sign...

"Can you sign my copy of Brawl?"

"Sure! Hand it o-- hey, how'd you-- thief! You stole my Brawl!"
"Americans..."
Ya, only if lol.

Meeting him was quite and Experiance, It's hard to ask all the quistion's you think you can though, I mean, If I could go back in time and just conversate with him a little longer, But yeah.... He seems REALLY nice though, alway in a happy mood apparently lol, Notice (I DID THINK OF THE YOU MUST RECOVER JOKE, AS WE SHOOK HANDS!), But yeah, it just did not seem right at the moment.

Thanks for your input though,.

Chepe

Smash Lord
Sakurai was rumored to have been scheduled to make an appearance, so it probably was him. Thats so crazy lol, to know how close he is to all of us living in California right now...

Aleol

Smash Journeyman
Sorry, but all I could pay attention to for the majority of the post is the fact that you used the wrong homonym of "there". But from the other things I could pay attention to: ...

YOU FORGOT AN AUTOGRAPH??? well, it's pretty understandable, I guess...
That's bound to be a once in a lifetime experience for most people.
Lucky...

AquaTech

We hit the potjack
I believe you OP.
One time I was in Best Buy and I was looking at the anime section. Guess who walks in and starts browsing anime right next to me? Rasheed Wallace. I kinda stood there dumbfounded for a second (he's a real person?! HE'S RIGHT NEXT TO ME?!?!?) and told him he is really good. He said, "Thanks," without turning to look at me. lol, I suck.

Brentos4o8

Smash Ace
I believe you OP.
One time I was in Best Buy and I was looking at the anime section. Guess who walks in and starts browsing anime right next to me? Rasheed Wallace. I kinda stood there dumbfounded for a second (he's a real person?! HE'S RIGHT NEXT TO ME?!?!?) and told him he is really good. He said, "Thanks," without turning to look at me. lol, I suck.
HAHA. Rasheed Wallace of the Detroit Pistons next to you in the anime section. I would say "unlikely!" but it's just too good. Congrats man. Hella funny.

orintemple

Smash Lord
That's amazing. I wonder if my friend at GDC will meet him? Also, no one will flame you for forgetting to ask technical stuff, you were dumbfounded by his existence and probably in shock and awe. It is amazing you even managed to say anything in the presence of a hero.

Top Bottom