• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I may have found a new falcon kick tech

TheSausXL

Smash Cadet
Dude this is phenomenal! If we can figure out how to do this just imagine the possibilities! Do you remember inputting some kinda command or doing anything like that?

HOLY CRAP I DID IT!!! So basically this happens by doing a falcon kick while taking taking shield push from a blocked attack. I'm guessing the game thinks you are in the air for some reason so it does the little flip that happens if you falcon kick offstage. Awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
This actually was a thing in Brawl. If Falcon or Ganondorf (or it might of just been Ganondorf) rolled to be at the very end of the ledge & used Falcon Kick / Wizard's Foot, they'd do what is seen in OP's link.

Used in this manner is neat though. I dig it.:shades:

TheSausXL

Smash Cadet
After further investigation I found that is only works if you take shield stun from a move if you're back is against the edge. Because you are moving backward while blocking, when you do a falcon kick out of shield, you start it in the air so it thinks you are in the air so it does the flip. Idk how useful this is.

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
This actually was a thing in Brawl. If Falcon or Ganondorf (or it might of just been Ganondorf) rolled to be at the very end of the ledge & used Falcon Kick / Wizard's Foot, they'd do what is seen in OP's link.

Used in this manner is neat though. I dig it.:shades:
Yeah in brawl only Ganon was able to do it with his back towards the edge. Falcon had a alternate way of doing it. He'd have to start the kick on a platform that cuts off and ends on a platform at the same height. Something like hyrule temple's small middle platform to the main ground. He was even able to do the "flight of ganon" tech, but its super short lol.

In this game tho, only use I could see for this is if the opponent hits you with a fairly slow strong smash and punishing with this to an aerial. Would be pretty awesome to perform.

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
This is a really neat find. The requirements to do it are extremely niche but it looks awesome when you pull it off. I'll have to tuck this in the back of my mind.

_Magus_

Smash Lord
NNID
DeadlyTaco
3DS FC
1306-7596-5996
This looks like Ganondorf's Wizard Foot Cancel, but done onstage. It's a lot more situational than the WFC though.

Pacmaniak

Smash Rookie
NNID
Pacmaniak
3DS FC
3153-5930-5678
guys, the falcon kick tech can also be done from platform to platform in battlefield, the cool part is that you can decide to go off or down the platform while the endlag animation, or attack like in the video, or an aerial...

Pacmaniak

Smash Rookie
NNID
Pacmaniak
3DS FC
3153-5930-5678
I have been trying, looks like nothing combos, but its good to follow up with upair (then the knee), I'm going to find something really cool with this soon, I can see it...

Top Bottom