• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I made an Android app for Falcon (new trials posted) UPDATED: 8/18/16

KCBunne

Smash Rookie
I am open to suggestions on what to add to the app. Nearly all the info is from THIS guide. I am not a Falcon expert by any means, I just wanted something on my phone to quickly give me tips for certain matchups and other useful information. So far there's some nice info on these matchups: Tier list top 10, Luigi, Ganondorf, and Dokey Kong. There's also a Full Trials List that remembers the ones you complete. You can download the current version of the apk HERE. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

For those of you interested in the trials I added, here are all the trials currently in the app. I split everything into three sections: easy, medium, and hard. All combos were done on vanilla (stock melee) CPU DI and should be practiced with a consecutive hits counter.

Fox @ 80%. Stomp > Knee

Jigglypuff @ 90%. Down throw > Knee

Instant up air Marth

Perform a Gentleman

Perform all aerials onto stage from ledge

Marth @ 25% on edge. Knee > Grab ledge > Bair onto stage > Grab ledge > Bair onto stage > Repeat

Fox @ 50% on edge. Down throw > Knee > Recover

From ledge. Waveland onto stage

From ledge. Waveland back to ledge

Perform a pivot grab

Run at any character > Shield stop right in front of them > Stomp

Perform a shield drop

Marth at 28% on edge. Knee > Roll to ledge > Edgeguard with up angled falcon punch

Marth @ 60%. Nair > Knee

Marth @ 25%. Knee (misstech) > Knee

Marth @ 40%. Dair from ledge > Knee

Fox @ 50%. Stomp > Knee

Marth @ 25%. Stomp > Knee

Ganon @ 80%. Up throw > Knee

Instant Up air Fox

Release ledge > Double jump > Bair/Up air > Regrab ledge

Reverse knee Marth from ledge (start Marth at various positions)

Marth @ 70% on edge. Gentleman > Offstage weak knee > Up air

On BF you and Fox under side plat. Jump > Fall through > Up air

On BF stand on side plat with Fox under other side plat. Short hop towards Fox > fall through plat above Fox > Up air Fox

On Yoshis, BF, and Dream Land from ledge. Double jump waveland back > Before leaving stage jump > waveland to side plat

From BF side plat. Run off Double jump > Waveland off top plat > waveland off side plat > Repeat

Roll to ledge > Moonwalk to regrab ledge

Pivot nair

Dash through any character twice > Shield stop bair

Shield drop > Up air any character on a plat

Marth @ 50%. Nair > Up air > Grab > Up throw > Knee

Marth @ 0%. Down throw x3 > Up throw > Up air > Up throw > Up air > Up throw > Knee

Marth @ 55%. Nair from ledge > Up air > Knee

Ganon @ 95%. Down throw > Knee

Marth @ 15%. Stomp > Knee

Marth @ 70% on edge. Gentleman > Turn around > Wavedash back to ledge > Bair from ledge for edgegard > regrab ledge

Waveland from ledge > Moonwalk to regrab ledge

Fox @ 45%. Stomp > Pivot knee

Shield drop knee

Hax Dash

Marth @ 40%. Nair > Up air x2 > Knee

Marth @ 60%. Nair > Up air x2 > Knee

Marth @ 20%. Nair x5

Young Link @ 30%. Up throw > Nair x3 > Knee

Last edited:

KCBunne

Smash Rookie
I just updated the app to add more information and make it look a bit cleaner. Info was added to all the previous matchups and there is now tips on fighting Falco, Ganon, and DK. Also, some character based stage striking information. Let me know if you actually download this, lol.

KCBunne

Smash Rookie
Ok, so it was a bit of work, but the app now features a complete trials section. Although many are from the original Falcon trials post, I created a few new ones myself. This required adding a lot of text, and I want to know if it looks decent on devices other than a Samsung Galaxy S5 (that's where you guys come in). I really think this app can help falcon players, and I want to know what someone who has their hands on the app thinks of it.

Last edited:

Jebus244

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NOHANDLEB4RZ
I'll add that soon. I avoid the MU myself but I know many Falcons just deal with it. Just curious, have you downloaded the app yourself?
Yes I have. I find it to be very helpful. I think the trials are a pretty cool motivation because if I'm not feeling too focused on practising, I can at least open the app up and give myself some goals. Plus, I struggle against Falco, and I need to start looking at these notes and making my own. I feel like my problem isn't really killing falco once he's above 60-70, its getting him to that percent I find challenging. My neutral vs him just isn't that great. I feel like the Fox matchup is much easier comparatively.

Last edited:

killakelz24

Smash Rookie
this app is awesome man i main falcon n this is just what i needed for the marth help good stuff on the trials check list

KCBunne

Smash Rookie
this app is awesome man i main falcon n this is just what i needed for the marth help good stuff on the trials check list
Glad to hear it's a useful tool for you. I'm also glad that no one has said the margins are all off on their phone with text/images spilling off their phone's screen. I've had issues with that in the past, but maybe the program I use just got better.

KCBunne

Smash Rookie
Updated the app to version 1.3. Fox is finally in the matchup section. I also somewhat reformatted the app and added various optimizations. Download link has been updated at the top.

Ruscour

Smash Rookie
Going into a character guide -> back -> a different character guide -> back -> a different character guide crashes the app.

Great work though, this is definitely useful.

KCBunne

Smash Rookie
Going into a character guide -> back -> a different character guide -> back -> a different character guide crashes the app.

Great work though, this is definitely useful.
I am aware of this bug. It seems to be an issue with the way the app loads a new screen. I am currently trying to figure out a solution. As of now, if the app crashes on you just close it, reopen the app, and try to reopen the character's page.

Fluffynosehair

Smash Rookie
Havent used the app cuz my phones broken but had an idea. May be stupid since i am not familiar with the app, but maybe a note section? like on top of all the useful tips and stuff, you could make your own personalized notes for yourself of things that you notice as you practice. Honestly probably not that needed cuz they could use actual pen and paper or not app but just thought it might be convenient to have on the same app all in one place. But seriously as soon as i get a new phone downloading it, sounds super useful

KCBunne

Smash Rookie
Havent used the app cuz my phones broken but had an idea. May be stupid since i am not familiar with the app, but maybe a note section? like on top of all the useful tips and stuff, you could make your own personalized notes for yourself of things that you notice as you practice. Honestly probably not that needed cuz they could use actual pen and paper or not app but just thought it might be convenient to have on the same app all in one place. But seriously as soon as i get a new phone downloading it, sounds super useful
I've thought about this and although it's certainly doable I feel like nearly everyone already had some sort of note taking app on their smart phone. In my case I'm perfectly content in taking my notes in a separate app. Although maybe I'm a minority and people really do want it as a part of this app. Thoughts?

Last edited:

ReGel

Smash Rookie
I've just started to get back into SSBM having not touched it since I was much younger. I played around with all of the characters and decided I want to try and main Falcon. Just wanted to say how much I appreciate the app and how helpful it's been in trying to learn these combos. Personally I would not need a notepad in the app as I prefer to write everything down on paper.

Also wanted to say the scaling and margins in the app work great and everything looks good at 2560x1440 resolution.

KCBunne

Smash Rookie
I've just started to get back into SSBM having not touched it since I was much younger. I played around with all of the characters and decided I want to try and main Falcon. Just wanted to say how much I appreciate the app and how helpful it's been in trying to learn these combos. Personally I would not need a notepad in the app as I prefer to write everything down on paper.

Also wanted to say the scaling and margins in the app work great and everything looks good at 2560x1440 resolution.
I'm glad you find the app helpful. It's great to hear that people are still using the app.

Top Bottom