• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I made a little practice tool!

falsegripmudkip

Smash Rookie
Slippi.gg
FGMK#769
Alright lets see if anyone likes this.

I wanted a new fun way to practice character control and speed/fluidity with marth, so I wrote a little script that generates random sequences of marth movements and attacks. Specifically, the sequences are possible to do in succesion*. So for example it could output "... sh, dair, fsmash..." but not "... sh, fsmash, shield drop...". I have been testing it myself for a week and I think it can be really fun! Some of the sequences turn out to be both difficult and satistfying to do fluidly. I'm not very good yet so getting a sequence with few wasted frames usually takes me around 10-20 minutes.

Would be super cool if anyone wants to try this out for a bit! Here are instructions for downloading:
  1. Open this link to a google drive folder: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1XF3lN9ze9kKLxkslcY33ECS7u3yyJxgE?usp=sharing
  2. Download the folder practice_script_dist and unzip it (extract all)
  3. Navigate to folder "markovmovement"
  4. Double click the file "RUN_THIS"
  5. Click "More information"
  6. Click "Run anyway"
This currently gives you 10 sequences of 5 actions to practice. If anyone likes the idea but has suggestions or critique, just bring it on! I am happy to make changes. If the idea is well recieved, I'm sure it is possible to streamline the practicalities of downloading but let's just see if this is useful first. Thanks in advance! :D

*About 1/10 times you will get an invalid sequence like "...double jump forward, double jump in place..." or "... sh, fair, fair, fair...". I don't think this is a huge problem, just run the script again!

Top Bottom