• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I made a G&W Discord group

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
Actually, the Shulk boards have also started using Discord instead of Skype. It has made everything a lot better.

-It's very useful to for people to be able to set how loud they hear people.
-Multiple voice and text channels have given us a lot of options for discussions we previously did not have. Also has made matchmaking easier for everybody.
-No Skype lag
-The program itself is programmed to use machine resources very efficiently. It takes up no space to have open. On the other hand, my laptop cries when I have Skype open.
-Sometimes, having Skype open has caused people lag while doing wifi matches. This issue does not happen with Discord.
-It's easier on the mods, due to improved powers
-It is easier to tell who is online, and whatnot
-To talk via voice, you just join a voice chat channel, and can see who is already in that voice chat channel beforehand. It's much easier than having to have somebody host a call. And again, there are multiple voice chat channels which can be made for different things.
-Useful commands you can use, like @[insert_name], @everyone, and #[insert_channel_name]
-Much more to come in the future, as it's still being updated. Some thing I am aware of are custom emoticons, screen sharing, and video chat.

Folie

Smash Apprentice
once the expired invite issue gets sorted out, I'd be down to try this out. There's a lot of things I don't like about skype, though I don't like the idea of making it so easily publicly accessible, seems kinda vulnerable to trolling. Either way, if it doesn't work out we can just go back to skype, which is almost at 60 members rn.

Last edited:
Top Bottom