• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I made a couple spreadsheets I wanted to share around! True Attack and Defense values for Spirits and Figure Players.

Bones "Bones" Malone

Smash Rookie
This one contains the relevant information for every possible max stat combination for a Figure Player, if you wanted help making the most efficient stat spread possible for your amiibo. I followed the formula the game uses to translate stats to Attack and Defense multipliers, then divided the Attack multipliers by the Defense ones to make a Grade. The higher your Grade, the more efficient your stat spread. EDIT: With changes to how Figure Player stats work, balanced spreads are the ideal way to build now.

This one, meanwhile has similar stats for every Primary Spirit at Level 99, including the event exclusive ones, and assigns them a Grade as well. Akuma outshines Dharkon and Galeem in terms of raw numbers, but I greatly value skill slots over those raw numbers, so the likes of Prince of Sablé, Wolf Link & Midna, and Giratina (Origin Forme) tend to be much more reliable primaries.

I didn't know how many people would find this information useful, since it's pretty casual-oriented, but these spreadsheets brought me a lot of joy to put together and look at. Maybe someone else would like the data too.

Last edited:

Bones "Bones" Malone

Smash Rookie
This is very useful! Looking at the formulas for the effect of Attack and Defense, they seem to be the same ones listed on the Smash Wiki for Spirits. I've noticed, however, that this is different from the one listed for Figure Players. Which do you think is accurate?
The spreadsheet has since been updated! I haven't updated this particular page because I wasn't sure if anyone even really saw it. The Figure Player specific numbers are definitely the ones to go with.

rodneylives

Smash Rookie
I do a lot of figure player fighting, and the formulas being different is very interesting, I had assumed that it used the Spirit Team formula. Which is the link to the updated sheet?

rodneylives

Smash Rookie
Also, if I may ask, what is your methodology? How did you get these figures? Via experiment? Did you use a specific character or move against another specific character?

Bones "Bones" Malone

Smash Rookie
I do a lot of figure player fighting, and the formulas being different is very interesting, I had assumed that it used the Spirit Team formula. Which is the link to the updated sheet?
Also, if I may ask, what is your methodology? How did you get these figures? Via experiment? Did you use a specific character or move against another specific character?
Someone else dragged the formulas right out of the game, and I just applied them to this table. Now, as for determining efficiency, I just divided the Attack multiplier (which is better when it's higher) by the Defense multiplier (which is better when it's lower) to find the most efficient numbers. Since I didn't create new sheets, just edited the old ones, you can find them by clicking the links.

Spirit numbers haven't changed, so that sheet is still good to go.

rodneylives

Smash Rookie
I sense that I might be misunderstanding something, could you set me straight on what these numbers mean?

Attack and Defense, from a Primary Spirit in Adventure Mode and other places where you can equip spirits, like in Spirit Teams, are known to have specific meanings. Attack increases damage by 1/2500th per point, so, 2500 Attack means double damage, 5000 Attack means triple damage, and so on, a strictly linear relationship. Defense has greater effect than Attack throughout the gamut, but the marginal increase in power (the value of each individual point) goes down with each additional point added. 2500 Defense means 40% damage, 5000 Defense means 25% damage, and 10000 Defense is about 16.7% damage (1/6th).

I do not know if these values apply to the Attack and Defense that figures have. It would be convenient if it did, and I had been operating under that assumption. It's known to figure fighters that Defense seems to have greater effect than Attack, which would fit into this case. Is the formula from Smash Wiki (1 + ([attack or defense]×3.077/10000)) derived from this sheet? Am I understanding correctly that this means that a figure with 5000 Attack does slightly over 2.5x damage, and 5000 Defense takes a little less than 1/2.5 damage?

Cosmosis

Smash Rookie
This will be great for me to find my competitive viable spirit setup. Good work!

Top Bottom