• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I like the simplicity of Banjo and Kazooie's moves

Necro'lic

Smash Ace
With how crazy the DLC has been lately, BK's moveset feels like something that was planned from the days of Brawl. Just enough in game references to work without needing to make tons of original moves like Melee, but nowhere near as crazy as Smash 4's brand of new characters.

I doubt no one else feels this way, but I think it should be mentioned. Almost like Banjo and Kazooie shoulda been in Smash a long time ago...

Push#7024

Smash Rookie
I like his moveset. People aren't so hot on him but I find him incredibly fun and fluid for a heavy character.

StormC

Smash Hero
K. Rool, Ridley, and Banjo & Kazooie all feel like characters with movesets that would have fit in perfectly from the Brawl era.

It's no wonder they're three of the most longterm hoped for characters in all of Smash.

Last edited:

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
K. Rool, Ridley, and Banjo & Kazooie all feel like characters with movesets that would have fit in perfectly from the Brawl era.

It's no wonder they're three of the most longterm hoped for characters in all of Smash.
the holy trinity

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
It's nice to have a more simple character for a change. :)

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I like his moveset. People aren't so hot on him but I find him incredibly fun and fluid for a heavy character.
I really enjoy playing as them, they suit my tastes very well in terms of moveset and movement.

Probably doesn't translate well to competitive use but I'm not into competitive anyway.

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I adore their moveset. It is definitely "simple" compared to the kits of some of the newer fighters. I do like how many new fighters having gimmicks like Cloud's Limit Break, Shulk's Monado Arts, Hero's Turn Based Menu Thingy, Joker's Arsene, etc. It gives fighters some fun extra depth. That said, there is nothing wrong with simplicity.

Jaycee_023

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5215-0852-1547
Yeah my buddy and I both think they're pretty simple to pick up but still have a lot of depth! I play a lot of characters and I can usually get a feel for "is this something I can enjoy long term" after the first match or two. B&K is definitely my favorite DLC so far. Plant 2nd, and I don't play Joker/Hero.

Eagle

Smash Lord
I love that they're not overloaded like DLC characters, but I'm a little disappointed that the iconic rat-a-tat-rap where Banjo hovers for a moment wasn't put it exactly like it is in their games. Beggars can't be choosers, though.

But imagine having the iconic rat-a-tat-rap, and then moving his current Fair to now be his Bair, but instead of a Mario/Ganondorf dunk, he grabs the backpack and dunks with that instead. i.e pack whack

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
Banjo’s fair and bair should be swapped with his bair being more of a dunk ala K Rool

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
His kit seems simple but hides a ton of technicality!

Down B alone has so many applications, it’s nuts (and bolts)!

I feel B-K‘s Potential will develop really fast, with how many are playing him already. We‘ll be seeing a ton of crazy combos soon

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
Yeah Grenegg is certainly Banjo’s Wild card move that will separate the elite Banjo’s from the others

Nihilem

Smash Apprentice
Sorry for coming late for the party, but i think this "simplicity" is really a key principle that helps bringing the characters to life. If we look at the source material material (beeing Banjo&Kazooie, Banjo&Tooie - we ignore that other thing - they were quite simple, straight forward games. You collected stuff and used that stuff to collect even more stuff. Compare that e.g. with Dragon Quest where you have stats and items and skills and talent to take care of. So it makes total sense that Banjo&Kazooie having a more straightforward toolset than Hero for example.

Top Bottom