• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I kinda waked up for the world today

Status
Not open for further replies.

holyv

Smash Journeyman
We (smashers) spent hours a day doing matchup stuff, studying games, frame data, math, metaknight proban and antiban stuff.

I was telling my friend stuff that i did a lot of matchup threads, and matchups were done based on my conclusions (sometimes), so he said ''dude, all you do is play ****ing games, wake up, you have a future,remember? life isn't about this!''

And i thought to myself ''no man, i study and ****, i do have a future''
But today, i stopped, and started actually thinking about my future.
Here's what i concluded:

Study for what? have a boring future? get behind a black suit and a red tie? THE ****ING GOVERNMENT? Capitalism? die for money? Sell my god damn vacations for money, because my children are dying because of hunger?

Why i can't do what i want? while politicians steal ****s of money in my country?

And why am i talking here anyways? this is not going to change NOTHING!
i'm depressed.

holyv

Smash Journeyman
oh really?
you have a work? or you study to have a work futurally?
why?
Because you will die of hunger if you don't pay your darn food.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Lets not get mad about this.

People would most likely think of things like these in many different versions. What we're facing through is tough. This doesn't mean you will not survive the situation. Think of what you will do to handle things with calm.

Never use "how will you do it". Keep using the "what will you do"

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
oh really?
you have a work? or you study to have a work futurally?
why?
Because you will die of hunger if you don't pay your darn food.
Yes. I'm not exactly sure if you're agreeing with me or disagreeing. Unless you go out into the wild and learn to hunt and sustain yourself on unclaimed property, you are always going to be a cog in the machine of capitalism.

[yt]v3vbCxj2ifs[/yt]

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
The world you are hoping for doesn't exist. Once you accept that, things get much easier.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ah yes.

Internet Forums: Cheering people up since never.

Palpi

Smash Hero
I think everyone goes through a time like this. Find something you love doing, and like LT said, don't let anyone tell you how to live your life.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
The world you are hoping for doesn't exist
Truer words were never spoken.

Which is why I find my dreams more important than my waking life, because waking life is pretty ****in lame.

Well... unless I win the lottery, pray for me guys.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Well there's always hope, because there's always the chance that things could turn out awesome.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Man, if someone won the lottery things would be alot better, but certaintly wouldn't bring all the happiness and joy.

@ OP: Just do your own thing, don't let anybody decide what you should/ shouldn't do, some of the richest individuals made it big by not even following the "traditional" standard of living.

And no, it's not all about money either.

:phone:

holyv

Smash Journeyman
Ah yes.

Internet Forums: Cheering people up since never.
This post tells the truth
---------
Who gives a damn about if he doesen't exist, is just wrong.
you can sustain yourself, get money and etc
But don't ****ing invade countrys for oil.
Here in brazil, water is 40% Taxes, a bottle of water is 2.50 here, do the math, srsly.
Why the **** do i need to study chemistry if i want to be a ****ing artist?

Just sound unfair.

Btw i'm pissed because i can't go to apex, because tickets are 9999458923489582394598U$.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
This post tells the truth
---------
Who gives a damn about if he doesen't exist, is just wrong.
you can sustain yourself, get money and etc
But don't ****ing invade countrys for oil.
Here in brazil, water is 40% Taxes, a bottle of water is 2.50 here, do the math, srsly.
Why the **** do i need to study chemistry if i want to be a ****ing artist?

Just sound unfair.

Btw i'm pissed because i can't go to apex, because tickets are 9999458923489582394598U$.
first world problems.

oh wait, you said you live in Brazil, that's not first world, is it? oops.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
This situation is getting nowhere.

I prefer that you cannot keep thinking of this.
If you keep on with this concern, it will not get you any closer from handling the problem.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Man, if someone won the lottery things would be alot better, but certaintly wouldn't bring all the happiness and joy.
Lies. Great wealth (with no fame) brings freedom. Freedom is basically the foundation for happiness.

And no, it's not all about money either.
Theoretically it shouldn't be, but it kinda is.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Brazil is first world, I believe, but it has a lot of problems that are very unique to both Brazil and Central/South America in general, LT.

But I love in Canada. A bottle of water at any convenience store is going to run you about two bucks, maybe a buck seventy-five if you're lucky. Plus taxes. I'm studying criminology, and I had to take a science credit too, so I took Astronomy. Stupid? Yeah, a little. But it pales in comparison to larger problems for people that live in worse countries than myself (and even you, OP), such as not being able to get a good education in the first place.

Life is compartmentalized. As LT said, unless you learn to live off the land and go off the grid, that's going to be an element of your life. Rather than stressing about it, you should find ways to enjoy yourself. I have a job, I attend a university, and yet I manage to enjoy myself otherwise. I spend (obviously) a ton of time on the internet, I read, I watch movies and TV shows, I play video games, I party with my friends, listen to music, work out and write. That's a lot of stuff I do, but I manage to find time for it with time management and a little initiative.

I used to let myself feel overwhelmed by having too many things that I NEED to do to allot for the things that I want to do. Then I realized that wasting a day on being stressed out and doing only one activity to try to take my mind off of it, over and over, is exactly why I ran into those time management problems.

Today I've been bouncing back and forth between studying for class and hoppin' on the internet for breaks. I'm 2/3 done my studying already and it's only 7pm where I'm at. When I finish I'm going to watch some of the first season of "Justified", then I'll probably write until about 2-3am and go to bed. If you stop stressing about the way society forces to spend some of your time and start focusing on how to enjoy the spare time that leaves for you, life is great.

As for the capitalist machine, well. Either work for the government and try to reform it, or just let it go. It's the reality of the world we live in. You want to be an artist. Great. Get a career that'll leave you with spare time to continue your art and life will e fine. If you're lucky, you'll find a niche and start a new full-time career as an artist. If not, you still perform the art you enjoy for your life, and by law of averages will probably find some people who will buy your art. Maybe put up an art stand somewhere people like to congregate.

What's so bad about that?

By the way, posts like this generally belong in The Unhappy Thread here in the Pool Room. I mean, the existential plight you're experiencing is very very common.

If you want to have more of a discussion about it or keep a log of your thoughts, you can try making a blog in User Blogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom