• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I just wish I had a practice partner.

DeNikSSB

Smash Cadet
NNID
ShaltSaker
Not gonna give out my location on a public forum, obviously, but the closest competitive smash players are around 30-40 minutes away from me. What should I do?

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Not gonna give out my location on a public forum, obviously, but the closest competitive smash players are around 30-40 minutes away from me. What should I do?
Well, if you have access to a vehicle, or if you know someone who would be more than happy to take you, then you should go whenever possible. Or you could play For Glory in the meantime.

KirinKQP

Smash Journeyman
Tough luck, I know how it is to be in a region that is dead. Four options: play For Glory a lot, learn to drive (get a license or a driving permit), search online for people near you also looking to play (or find tourneys that are much closer by and plan ahead) or teach a friend to play. The last option worked wonders for me, I got a person into the game and they are getting up to my level and I live close by them so I can play anytime. No need for a license and I do have Melee Netplay but my ping is a bit trash.

TL;DR:
1.) For Glory
2.) Learn to drive
3.) Search harder for places nearby or people
4.) Teach a friend and level up with them

DeNikSSB

Smash Cadet
NNID
ShaltSaker
Tough luck, I know how it is to be in a region that is dead. Four options: play For Glory a lot, learn to drive (get a license or a driving permit), search online for people near you also looking to play (or find tourneys that are much closer by and plan ahead) or teach a friend to play. The last option worked wonders for me, I got a person into the game and they are getting up to my level and I live close by them so I can play anytime. No need for a license and I do have Melee Netplay but my ping is a bit trash.

TL;DR:
1.) For Glory
2.) Learn to drive
3.) Search harder for places nearby or people
4.) Teach a friend and level up with them
1. I prefer real people
2. I'm 15 so I can't drive yet
3. I've done that. A lot.
4. My friends rip on me for playing competitive smash

There you have it.

KirinKQP

Smash Journeyman
That's pretty funny how bad this is for you. Gotta wait then until the situation favors you or find a single tournament with a specific date and plan far ahead for your family. Perhaps someone can take you at that time and try to get the most matches out of the event. I did that for my first tournament. Other then that, you can't really play against other people except for For Glory, but as you said before you want to play against a person on the same setup. Thus, you are kind of stuck for a while.

Last edited:

Faelysis

Smash Rookie
NNID
johnlequebecois
1. I prefer real people

There you have it.
For Glory is vs real people. In a way, it is better than having a friend to play agains 'cause you will fight different kind of people and gamestyle

DeNikSSB

Smash Cadet
NNID
ShaltSaker
For Glory is vs real people. In a way, it is better than having a friend to play agains 'cause you will fight different kind of people and gamestyle
Yeah, but I don't like lag.

Dr. Cheesesteak

Smash Rookie
NNID
cheese47
3DS FC
1289-8230-5012
Ask for advice on a problem you're desperate to seek resolution to. Reject or make excuses for all advice given.

Cool.

Spiwizzle

Smash Rookie
NNID
Mama Mii-a
3DS FC
5429-9383-9253
PFFFFFSSSSHHHH, COME ON WHO NEEDS "FRIENDS" WHEN YOU HAVE AMIIBOS, AMIRITE??? ...R-right... guys??

Top Bottom