• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I just started using Olimar/Alph

Alsyght

Smash Journeyman
Idk if it’s too late to pick up a new main/secondary, but I’ve been doing so for a while. So I was bored on For Glory so I decided to try someone new and I picked Olimar at random. I like Alph better, but that’s not the point. Anyway, I love how he plays. His smashes come out quick, and I love how he can easily go from defensive to offensive so quickly. Plus, unless a character has a reflector, there’s not much a drawback from throwing the Pikmin; unlike Dedede who I main. God, the Gordo sucks.

I also enjoy how short Olimar is and how hard it is from characters to hit/grab him. Unlike Dedede who’s a stark difference. Getting combo’ed isn’t as easy anymore, but comboing is lol.

I’m gonna post a couple videos for critique soon, but does anyone have any tips or advice when using him? I’m thinking of keeping him.

Myran

NNID
Myranice
3DS FC
2406-5215-9008
This forum isn't the most active these days. However if you're looking for vod critique the Olimar discord would probably be a better place to look. I can get you a link if need be. As for general advice mainly learning to watch your Pikmin and always try to maximize the use of each color. Also working on using whistle to armor through attacks to help get out of disadvantage.

Top Bottom