• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I just realized a possible theory on the Yellow Devil's appearance

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
So, I'm sure you guys remember this epic reveal trailer for Mega Man...
...and I'm sure you all remember talking a bit about the random appearance about the Yellow Devil on the Dr. Wily's Castle stage, and just how random of a tidbit it was at the end of the Mega Man reveal.

Many people have speculated he was a stage interference character (like the Ultimate Chimera on New Pork City in Brawl), some people have suggested that the Yellow Devil is an Assist Trophy character, while other people suggested he was a boss. (and probably a few fools think he'll be a playable character)

However, I just realized something people didn't have covered...

...what if that preview of the Yellow Devil was actually him as a boss in the Adventure Mode (similar to how it worked in Adventure Mode in Melee)=???

I mean, I'm playing a bit of connect-the-dots, but seeing as how Sakurai has said we won't get a Subspace Emissary-esk mode, going back to something of a Melee Adventure Mode would make sense. I imagine that if this is true, there will be a Mega Man level to explore (much like Mushroom Kingdom), if not a few, and then after finishing that, you might/will fight the Yellow Devil.

So guys, what do you think about my theory=??? (and yes, I did think of this in the bathroom 20 minutes ago from the time of me posting it) :laugh:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
It's certainly possible.

But I'm thinking Yellow Devil is an assist trophy.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
It's certainly not out of the realm of possibility. That's for certain. He could indeed be a boss you get to fight during the new adventure mode. I guess we will have to wait and see....

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I think this is the most logical explanation of how YD is to be included in the game.
I keep watching the end of it, and I keep flashing back to that Mega Man (1) boss battle with him at Wily 1.

I keep thinking of how I traveled through hell and high water to get to him in that level alone, not counting the 6 Robot Masters I had to beat to get there.

And now I can't help but think Sakurai is going to try to give us that whole sense of adventure and experience in regards to the adventure mode.

And honestly, what way better than to top it off with the Yellow Devil=???

(Wily of course, which said fight could actually take place inside of Dr. Wily's Castle)

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
It's certainly a possibility. I think he could be anything BUT a playable character. (no matter what he is, I want to be able to fight and defeat him, so I hope he's a boss more than anything)

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I've said this since it was revealed. Above all, I'd like for it to be more of mini-game-type-stage rather than an actual boss fight.

Like try to break the car in a set amount of time in SFII. Except this car tries to kick your ass.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I've said this since it was revealed. Above all, I'd like for it to be more of mini-game-type-stage rather than an actual boss fight.

Like try to break the car in a set amount of time in SFII. Except this car tries to kick your ***.
I had heard of a mini-game idea (btw, I want a "break the sandbag" instead of a break the car), but never like a full on boss in adventure mode.

Also, that boss fight being a prelude to another Wily Castle followed by a Dr. Wily...

...the more I think about it, the more I think of what this "customizable" adventure mode could be. Perhaps each character has their own specific adventure mode; maybe that is the trailers/videos you collect in the game that Sakurai has alluded to.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
Many people have speculated he... ...was a boss.

However, I just realized something people didn't have covered...

...what if that preview of the Yellow Devil was actually him as a boss in the Adventure Mode.
Here you can clearly see that the Dr. Wily area is a playable stage, and here you can see the Yellow Devil appearing on that same stage. Is he a boss in Adventure Mode? I can't say for sure.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Here you can clearly see that the Dr. Wily area is a playable stage, and here you can see the Yellow Devil appearing on that same stage. Is he a boss in Adventure Mode? I can't say for sure.
Well you fight Master Hand and Crazy Hand on Final Destination in Classic and Adventure Mode, and that is a playable stage.

I assume it would work the same.

Also, side tangent, but I hated that some of the SSE stages weren't playable, specifically some of the Subspace stages, the Jungle (thank you Project M!), the Ridley battle area, the Stadium (where you fight Petey Piranha), the Porky battle area, and of course the Tabuu battle area. I think instead of the team spending their time making those super detailed boss fights all the time, they are just re-using stages that are already in the game if I am correct.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
Well you fight Master Hand and Crazy Hand on Final Destination in Classic and Adventure Mode, and that is a playable stage.
While it may be true that Final Destination is a stage and that Master Hand is a boss on that stage in single play mode, Master Hand is not a playable character. Are you implying that the Yellow Devil is not a playable character?

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
While it may be true that Final Destination is a stage and that Master Hand is a boss on that stage in single play mode, Master Hand is not a playable character. Are you implying that the Yellow Devil is not a playable character?
We can't say for sure if the yellow devil is playable or not, but him being playable is IMO the least likely out of the options (unless you just suggest something weird like the yellow devil is there to heal everyone).

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
We can't say for sure if the yellow devil is playable or not, but him being playable is IMO the least likely out of the options (unless you just suggest something weird like the yellow devil is there to heal everyone).
Yellow Devil is there to spread happiness and joy in the wonderful world of Wily! He comes down and showers you with Heart Containers, Food, and Maxim Tomatoes!

But in all seriousness, if Yellow Devil is playable, then every single speculation roster would have to be thrown out...again. It's a good thing that there's little chance that that is the case.

D

Deleted member

If Yellow Devil was playable, we would have learned that once a picture of him was featured on the site.

So no, he's not playable. That's not even an option.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
If the yellow devil is a boss, I will curse at the world for maiking me fight that evil EVIL boss again, but I will be happy that I can finally use shields and dodges. JK I never played a Megaman game in my life, but seeing how much people jumped around for him to join makes me want to play some games.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Of course I'm not saying the Yellow Devil is playable, lol.

I joked about it in the OP, even my smash brother, lol.

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
Now I almost want Yellow Devil so I would have something to shove up the Ridley haters behinds.

But it's not gonna happen. I can't see the Yellow Devil double jumping... at all.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
What if Yellow devil is just there for a stand-alone Boss Battles mode?

MasteRMerF

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MasteRMerF
3DS FC
5000-2607-1297
I would imagine Yellow Devil being a boss in the new Adventure Mode. If not, then I could see it being part of a special Event Match where it's a mini-boss.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Yea I think it's a adventure mode boss I mean I think different characters get a different boss

I mean some get to encounter the same boss on a certain stage but others could get a different on the last and I think that's how to unlock boss battle mode if it come back beat every boss fight able in adventure mode

But of coarse what about a ultimate boss (tabuu is the example from brawl not going to be the real final boss in this) and how do we fight someone like that

But yellow devil could be stage Harvard or assist trophy because of kirby being in a image with it but it doesn't mean it's out of the realm of possibility of being a boss

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
It's a stage hazard. No doubt.
Just like Master Hand and Crazy Hand are stage hazards?

I'm just saying, if he was a stage hazard, where was he in that Mario vs. Mega Man gameplay demonstration/match that lasted about 3-4 minutes=??? In Brawl, the Ultimate Chimera would appear quite a bit more frequently than that.
who seriously cares
People who want to know stuff, who care about stages, and who care about how the Adventure Mode will shape up. There's lot of potential implications.

If he's a stage hazard, stage hazards might be worse than they were in Brawl (there were a lot of them, and many of them were bad ones).

If he's an Assist Trophy character, then maybe we'll get one more Assist Trophy characters from Mega Man, and more varied Assist Trophy characters.

If he's a boss, perhaps we won't get the stupid SSE original bosses (sans Tabuu) and get all of the non-Smash series bosses from the various franchises.

Phaiyte

Smash Ace
Just like Master Hand and Crazy Hand are stage hazards?

I'm just saying, if he was a stage hazard, where was he in that Mario vs. Mega Man gameplay demonstration/match that lasted about 3-4 minutes=??? In Brawl, the Ultimate Chimera would appear quite a bit more frequently than that.

People who want to know stuff, who care about stages, and who care about how the Adventure Mode will shape up. There's lot of potential implications.

If he's a stage hazard, stage hazards might be worse than they were in Brawl (there were a lot of them, and many of them were bad ones).

If he's an Assist Trophy character, then maybe we'll get one more Assist Trophy characters from Mega Man, and more varied Assist Trophy characters.

If he's a boss, perhaps we won't get the stupid SSE original bosses (sans Tabuu) and get all of the non-Smash series bosses from the various franchises.

So find out for yourself when the game comes out instead of getting your hopes up about something totally arbitrary.

SnatoWhato

Smash Cadet
He's got to be a boss. I would think if anyone would be an assist, it would be Protoman. And I'm a little sad there won't be a Subspace-like game mode. I really enjoyed watching the scenes in the story.. Oh well, as long as I can throw down with Megaman and (Hopefully) Sonic, I'm happy.

moneyfrenzy

Smash Ace
I doubt its a stage hazard because in the developer roundtable they play at that stage for a while and he doesnt show up,

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Me. RIP Shorts - The Boss of everything
So does that make you...

...THE YELLOW DEVIL!?!?!?

(wow, calling someone that sounds kinda racist)
I doubt its a stage hazard because in the developer roundtable they play at that stage for a while and he doesnt show up,
That is exactly what I was thinking as well. We got a lot gameplay on that stage and the Yellow Devil didn't appear.

Wafty

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I can see him being a boss of some sort. Never as a playable character tho hahah

Top Bottom