• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I Just Got Into Smash About 2 Years Ago, And Have Invested 600 Hours Across SSBU, Sm4sh, And SSBM. Should I Try Going To A Local?

LINK MAIN

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Carter
Just a side note, I Love these three games and have put 2 years and 600 hours of R E S E A R C H into these games. I'm afraid I would get utterly bodied.

LukeStormwalker

Smash Rookie
You absolutely will get bodied. But you should still look into a local scene for sure. Happens to everybody when they first start competing in tourneys. It doesn't feel good to lose, of course, but it's a necessary evil in order for you to get better and start winning.

LINK MAIN

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Carter
You absolutely will get bodied. But you should still look into a local scene for sure. Happens to everybody when they first start competing in tourneys. It doesn't feel good to lose, of course, but it's a necessary evil in order for you to get better and start winning.
Thanks, I guess that has to happen to somebody at some point, part of getting better. That's what occurs when you have no friends and play against CPUs or online all the time, I'll check out some locals in the Georgia scene.

Zubyyyy

Yung Zuby the Falco God
As someone who plays in the Atlanta area, please do. I’ve found that The first tournament whomping you get is 100% the best learning experience you will have. The difference between playing netplay and live are enormous. The added pressure of having to perform on the spot will likely cause you to flub stocks away and you’ll be mad for a bit because you didn’t play your best. But that will drive you to go to more to get rid of that feeling.

LINK MAIN

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Carter
As someone who plays in the Atlanta area, please do. I’ve found that The first tournament whomping you get is 100% the best learning experience you will have. The difference between playing netplay and live are enormous. The added pressure of having to perform on the spot will likely cause you to flub stocks away and you’ll be mad for a bit because you didn’t play your best. But that will drive you to go to more to get rid of that feeling.
Yeah, I can imagine the added stress, as well as how much worse I'll probably end up playing, but do you have any good ideas as to where I could start?(as far as locals go) I'm not old enough to drive, and since I'm still in school, finding time will be difficult.

Top Bottom