• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I just got a weird version of Battlefield w items in 1v1 For Glory

AlexAnthonyD

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Anthony
3DS FC
1521-5082-7099
Has this ever happened to anybody before? I swear this is one of the trippiest things i've ever seen. I main Greninja and typically use the green skin, my opponent chose this exact skin, and we had a ditto on what appeared to be normal battlefield at first (although I started on the bottom and he started on the top as if there were 4 players starting the game), it quickly became apparent this wasnt normal battlefield as a moving platform came in from the top left corner. This platform would move in and out of vision from left to right, carrying with it an item each time. I was lucky enough that my opponent SD'd once and I took his second stock rather quickly so it ended up under 3 minutes and i'm currently uploading it to YouTube. I do not have an HDPVR so I cannot prove this next part, however after saving the replay, I immediately backed out of the roster screen, and my cursor was indeed still highlighting 1v1 for gory. Which is what I was 99% sure I had selected anyway, as I never do anything else online and my muscle memory rarely fails me in that regard.

After hours of trying I finally have the video uploaded, with the original tags that Nintendo includes with a Wii U upload. Has anyone ever seen anything remotely like this?

Link24242

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4184-3214-6215
I don't know why the game put you on it, but that version of Battlefield isn't a glitch. It's just only supposed to appear in some of the Multi-Man Smash modes, not in normal Smash and definitely not online.

AlexAnthonyD

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Anthony
3DS FC
1521-5082-7099
I don't know why the game put you on it, but that version of Battlefield isn't a glitch. It's just only supposed to appear in some of the Multi-Man Smash modes, not in normal Smash and definitely not online.
When I saw "Multi-Man Smash" I thought I had selected something incorrectly. But once again when I backed out of the roster lobby 1v1 FG was still highlighted. Haven't been able to recreate this since it occurred. Probably a one time thing, but after smoking a bowl with my roomie this really had me going.

1FC0

Smash Lord
I wish this stage was available in fg 1v1. Even the items are neat since they probably spawn predictably. In Multiman Smash the same items always spawn at the same time in any given mode.

I do not know what happened but if the guy hacked this then I hope that he comes to the 3DS version with his hacks and that I may face him. Omega stages get boring after a while.

Kobalt

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-1219-9570-2517
I registered to this site specifically because this exact same thing just happened to me during a match between myself (playing Lucario) and an Ike-main player one hour ago. The first match ended in her victory, I waited for the next match and realized I was on Battlefield. With platforms. So yeah, immediately suspicious.

Deciding this was some new feature that I had been unaware of and that rarely occurred (like large-sized stages being selected for For Glory matches- seriously, why limit those if they're gonna be the same size!?), I decided to roll with it. Then the upper platform showed up, carrying a smart bomb.

Okay then.

This definitely seems like a glitch, it even said "Multi-Man Melee" on the victory screen.

Last edited:

Matt11111

Semi-Casual Modest Scrub
NNID
Mat11111
I wish this stage was available in fg 1v1. Even the items are neat since they probably spawn predictably. In Multiman Smash the same items always spawn at the same time in any given mode.

I do not know what happened but if the guy hacked this then I hope that he comes to the 3DS version with his hacks and that I may face him. Omega stages get boring after a while.
Yeahhhh, we need more tourney legal stages in For Glory.

TowerLight

Smash Cadet
most likely some sort of glitch
either that or the 1337 H@X0RZ are messing around with normally unselectable stages

SteadyDisciple

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rorrim
I had the same thing happen just yesterday against a Ganondorf player. I'm pretty sure it's a hack, since they clearly seemed to know when a platform with an item was about to show up (once every 30 seconds, from alternating sides). With that said, a second round went to Omega clock tower, so it doesn't appear to be completely overriding existing stages, just being mixed in.

Still not as trippy as the time I ran into a Mii Gunner in 1v1 FG.

SteadyDisciple

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rorrim
Not sure. I only saw them use standard moves, but I didn't see all of their specials and the game crashed before the match ended. I suppose it is possible that they had a custom move and trying to use it caused the crash.

link2702

Smash Champion
Hackers, not glitches. You ran into a hacker who used a mod to force both of you on that version of battlefield

KirbyFan20

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FlameMaster93
3DS FC
4811-7980-0973
Honestly, they should have allowed Battlefield to be playable on For Glory by default, without hacks.

Top Bottom