• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I just bought a Nintendo Switch, mainly for Ridley

Crainy

Smash Apprentice
So, as soon as I saw the announcement live that Ridley would be playable in Smash, I knew I had to get a Nintendo Switch just for this game. Ive waited 14 years to play Ridley in Smash and when I saw a discounted Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Nintendo Switch bundle, I knew my time had come.

It just arrived and Im super hyped, cant wait to join in on the fun!

Last edited:

Krimnorr

Smash Cadet
Have fun! I hope Ridley brings you as much joy as his reveal did. I personally think he's a blast.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
The funny thing is that I also was sold on a Switch due to Ridley being announced (that and "Everyone is Here!"). I never owned the Wii U (I did get Smash 4 on the 3DS since that was a console I owned), and the Wii (which I bought at launch in 2006) was the most recent home console I owned. I was not planning on getting the Switch since I am increasingly a retro and portable game player (the Switch is technically portable, but most of the software I would buy for handhelds would be less than $40).

Ridley's announcement (and the announcement of Ultimate in general with everyone returning as well as all the returning stages) was a game changer, and literally sold a system to me. Ridley is not just a game seller, he is a system seller! I actually picked up several games for the Switch prior to Ultimate (Super Mario Odyssey, Captain Toad, and Sonic Mania Plus).

Playing as Ridley in Smash Bros. is something I dreamed about for nearly 20 years, and it is still a bit surreal that it has finally come to pass, especially after how hopeless things seemed after November 2014. I am glad to see that I am not the only one that was sold on a Switch due to the "big" announcement that happened back in June. Everyone is here + over 100 stages + Ridley + K. Rool + lots of Castlevania content really made Ultimate deserving of its name.

Crainy

Smash Apprentice
The funny thing is that I also was sold on a Switch due to Ridley being announced (that and "Everyone is Here!"). I never owned the Wii U (I did get Smash 4 on the 3DS since that was a console I owned), and the Wii (which I bought at launch in 2006) was the most recent home console I owned. I was not planning on getting the Switch since I am increasingly a retro and portable game player (the Switch is technically portable, but most of the software I would buy for handhelds would be less than $40).

Ridley's announcement (and the announcement of Ultimate in general with everyone returning as well as all the returning stages) was a game changer, and literally sold a system to me. Ridley is not just a game seller, he is a system seller! I actually picked up several games for the Switch prior to Ultimate (Super Mario Odyssey, Captain Toad, and Sonic Mania Plus).

Playing as Ridley in Smash Bros. is something I dreamed about for nearly 20 years, and it is still a bit surreal that it has finally come to pass, especially after how hopeless things seemed after November 2014. I am glad to see that I am not the only one that was sold on a Switch due to the "big" announcement that happened back in June. Everyone is here + over 100 stages + Ridley + K. Rool + lots of Castlevania content really made Ultimate deserving of its name.
Yeah its incredible to finally play as him after all these years. Set up the system yesterday and started playing today, immediately going for the unlock of the big guy. I love Ridleys moveset, it suits him and my playstyle really well. I love it when a characters right/left special is a grab.

Top Bottom