• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I hope they fix how the Mii are implemented in this game.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
In Smash 3DS/WiiU, they barely felt like part of the game.

You didn't fight them in All Star.
They are never selected when choosing random.
They don't take part in any event match.
Can't be used online
Being the Multi Men doesn't help

No other character in the series feels as non-existant to me as Mii Fighters. I know they're being prepared for online which is a start but the biggest issues for me was that they weren't selectable using random and to a lesser extent, being absent from All-Star

I use random a lot, I love taking advantage of the huge rosters. Random let's me use characters I wouldn't normally use. But that leaves the Mii with a really low usage rate.

And All-Star is suppose to be about fighting every character, so what does that say about the Mii Fighters?

And how will they will they work with the new layout? The CSS has everyone chronologically in order, will this mean the Mii are in the middle of the roster or are they going to be odd ones out again and be out of order placed at the end!

It really irks me a lot, especially the random thing

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I think the random choice should be implemented. I'm not too sure with the All-Star mode or Event mode. Since you have to make the mii what would happen if you didn't many anyone? Would you just automatically win? Would you be locked out of that section until you make a Mii?

I actually liked it that they were the multi-man as it gave personality to them instead of just some faceless bots. Like you're playing cruel mode and you're running from Sakurai is a lot funnier than just some wire frame or polygons.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
I think the random choice should be implemented. I'm not too sure with the All-Star mode or Event mode. Since you have to make the mii what would happen if you didn't many anyone? Would you just automatically win? Would you be locked out of that section until you make a Mii?

I actually liked it that they were the multi-man as it gave personality to them instead of just some faceless bots. Like you're playing cruel mode and you're running from Sakurai is a lot funnier than just some wire frame or polygons.
For All-Star, they could have the Brawler, Swordfighter, and Gunner you fight each be based either on random Miis on your system (or the Guest Miis if there are no Miis on your system) like with the multi man Mii team, or they can just always be the “canon” Mii for each class taken from the renders. They could do the same for Event Mode, or have unique premade Miis for each event where they’re used, such as to be stand ins for characters that aren’t playable.

Last edited:

ShaunoftheRed

Smash Cadet
Yeah I agree. I actually like having the Miis in the game. It just feels right to have them. At least they'll probably get custom stock icons because of the new direction they're going with for them. Y'know like Kirby's headpiece for them?

Xigger

Smash Lord
I remember when Miis were one of the most-wanted fighters for Brawl and Smash 4, and now no one likes them. I know my friends never pick the Miis, or enjoy playing against them.

I strongly believe their movesets are going to be standardized this time around, and I really hope you can create a basic Mii fighter without exiting the selection screen.

SonicMario

Smash Master
I remember when Miis were one of the most-wanted fighters for Brawl and Smash 4, and now no one likes them. I know my friends never pick the Miis, or enjoy playing against them.

I strongly believe their movesets are going to be standardized this time around, and I really hope you can create a basic Mii fighter without exiting the selection screen.
Most wanted?

They were more so, one of the most expected. But wanted is a different story. I actually remember spending some time defending the Miis from the common arguments against them. Wii Fit Trainer and Villager basically made the inclusion of Miis obvious. Yet there were plenty ignorant about it.

Also the community here becomes more focused on the competitive meta when Speculation is over (Albeit speculation may still linger even once the game comes out because of the inevitable DLC). And Miis just weren't good enough competitively and even worse they were controversial competitively because of their custom moves.

Xigger

Smash Lord
Most wanted?

They were more so, one of the most expected. But wanted is a different story. I actually remember spending some time defending the Miis from the common arguments against them. Wii Fit Trainer and Villager basically made the inclusion of Miis obvious. Yet there were plenty ignorant about it.

Also the community here becomes more focused on the competitive meta when Speculation is over (Albeit speculation may still linger even once the game comes out because of the inevitable DLC). And Miis just weren't good enough competitively and even worse they were controversial competitively because of their custom moves.
The Smash forums generally didn't like the Miis, but communities outside of Smash/Nintendo forums did. Smashboards definitely doesn't represent the whole Smash Bros. target audience.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
I personally like the new proportions an their new basic outfits are way cooler than the previous one. I have a strong feeling Sakurai has been taken them more seriously this time around.
He clearly hinted the fact they will be usable online but I don't think they will be integrated among the other fighters more than they were in SSB4. More probably they will have their own mode.

Last edited:

neoREgen

Smash Journeyman
Miis are indeed the only fighters on the roster that aren't in chronological order.

Additionally, I never made one or unlocked one in the Spirits mode and the game told me I have all the characters now. :D
My roster is a perfect grid without them, and once the 6 DLC characters come out, it'll be a perfect grid that touches the sides of the screen... as long as I don't add any Miis.

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
"You didn't fight them in All Star" *Naked Snake shoots Revolver Ocelot All Star Mode* Problem Solved, Series Over.
"They are never selected when choosing random" I cannot personally confirm this one.
"They don't take part in any event match" I've seen them in several World of Light Spirit Battles
"Can't be used online" Fixed, or so I'm told.
"Being the Multi Men doesn't help" I cannot personally confirm this one.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Their presence in World of Light definitely helps, the game even gives you a default one when you unlock one.

However it's just made worse by the other modes. They're the only characters not placed chronologically on the roster and this bugs me more than any issue the Wii U roster had. And you can't use them in classic mode, at all. This is ridiculous to me. They are also still the multimen. And I'm pretty sure Random still doesn't select them.

Admittedly I'm probably going to be using Brawler a lot now thanks to the Skull Kid outfit but it still bugs me that it won't show up in Random

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman
Their presence in World of Light definitely helps, the game even gives you a default one when you unlock one.

However it's just made worse by the other modes. They're the only characters not placed chronologically on the roster and this bugs me more than any issue the Wii U roster had. And you can't use them in classic mode, at all. This is ridiculous to me. They are also still the multimen. And I'm pretty sure Random still doesn't select them.

Admittedly I'm probably going to be using Brawler a lot now thanks to the Skull Kid outfit but it still bugs me that it won't show up in Random
In the case of Classic Mode, I can understand why: the inability to create a standard route for a customizable character.

In past Smash games, Classic Mode was pretty much the same for everyone. An array of random fighters, some bonus stages, and fighting Master Hand at the end of it all. Now, though? Each Classic Mode is stylized to fit the specific character going though it. Like how Wolf's is of characters who were missing from the last game, Isabelle's is all female characters, Ridley's as character battles fitting the whole space pirate thing (more or less). All of them are tailored to something relating to that specific character.

With the Miis, you can't do that. You yourself have a certain character in mind when creating a Mii, but a game can't read our minds. The best that could be done is either just have a standard Classic Mode that would have no theme and basically be no different to past games. Or allowing us to customize a Classic Mode route for our Skull Kids and Isaacs, but that's something I don't think the game's engine would be able to pull off.

Last edited:

TerminatorLOL

Smash Journeyman
In the case of Classic Mode, I can understand why: the inability to create a standard route for a customizable character.

In past Smash games, Classic Mode was pretty much the same for everyone. An array of random fighters, some bonus stages, and fighting Master Hand at the end of it all. Now, though? Each Classic Mode is stylized to fit the specific character going though it. Like how Wolf's is of characters who were missing from the last game, Isabelle's is all female characters, Ridley's as character battles fitting the whole space pirate thing (more or less). All of them are tailored to something relating to that specific character.

With the Miis, you can't do that. You yourself have a certain character in mind when creating a Mii, but a game can't read our minds. The best that could be done is either just have a standard Classic Mode that would have no theme and basically be no different to past games. Or allowing us to customize a Classic Mode route for our Skull Kids and Isaacs, but that's something I don't think the game's engine would be able to pull off.
Couldn't they have just made routes based on each of thier classes? Somthing like...

Gunner = :ultduckhunt:,:ultinkling:,:ultmegaman: ,:ultdiddy::ultkrool:,:ultfox::ultfalco::ultwolf:,:ultsamus::ultdarksamus:
Sword Fighter = :ultcloud:,:ultpit::ultdarkpit:,:ultmarth::ultroy:,:ultlink::ultyounglink::ulttoonlink:,:ultlucina::ultchrom:,:ultmetaknight:

Brawler = :ultmario:,:ultdk:,:ultfalcon:,:ultlittlemac:,:ultryu::ultken:,:ultincineroar:

Last edited:
Top Bottom