• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I have no idea where to post this

Status
Not open for further replies.

B0NK

Smash Lord
It's called port priority, it's already been well known.

You could have just talked to me in person =/

or ask my brother on aim lol

EDIT: Also why there is a Q&A thread on this board

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
It's called port priority, it's already been well known.

You could have just talked to me in person =/

or ask my brother on aim lol

EDIT: Also why there is a Q&A thread on this board
I was port 1 though, shouldn't lower ports have priority? Also it happened this morning, I uploaded the replay instantly I had no idea port priority affected ledge grabs LOL

B0NK

Smash Lord
I was port 1 though, shouldn't lower ports have priority? Also it happened this morning, I uploaded the replay instantly I had no idea port priority affected ledge grabs LOL
First port gets priority whenever the opponents and nana grab the ledge at the same time.

Has to do with hitboxes not ledges, since nana is an invincible hitbox. Basically if two invincible objects hit at the same time and are unable to clash the game gives priority to first port.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
I don't think it has to do with port priority BONK. You could be right if your 100% sure.
But I'm pretty sure it has to do with a character getting to the ledge after you input the IC's Up B and Nana sweetspots the ledge even when it's already occupied.

B0NK

Smash Lord
I don't think it has to do with port priority BONK. You could be right if your 100% sure.
But I'm pretty sure it has to do with a character getting to the ledge after you input the IC's Up B and Nana sweetspots the ledge even when it's already occupied.
Well, I'm about 99% sure unless someone can show me a video where the climber had the lower port number and this occurred.

And maybe I shouldn't have said hitboxes, but also hurtboxes. In melee port priority also decided when two characters landed in the same spot and I believe this is an example of a similiar case in brawl. If you watch the vid they did grab the ledge at exactly the same time. I assume if you didn't with another tether grab it would yield the same result except you don't get the visual of nana.

EDIT: LOL ninja'd, and talked about last week? I need to get on these boards more.....

naaawwww

00-Zero

Smash Journeyman
I'll just leave this here.

I had some weird glitch happen to me yesterday when I was playing against my friend's Metaknight, basically Nana went to grab the ledge like she normally would with up B, but the MK grabbed the ledge right before she got there, so it looked like she grabbed the ledge while Popo got launched up like normal, but she just started falling after Popo got to the stage and died. They were still tethered too, has this happened to anyone before? I have the replay saved if anyone wants me to put it up to see it.
Happens every now and then. Nana just goes into her ledge snapping animation and will stay there until popo is released from the teather. The character grabbing the edge gets more invincibility from grabbing it than her hitbox is out so she just gets edgehogged. You can save her again if you land on the stage fast and up-b right away on the ground.
Always get 1st port when playing against anyone that isn't snake, and this will never happen to you. It's a controller port thing.
It's a priority thing, if they grab the ledge the same frame as Nana would, they get it if they're a lower port, if not, they get hogged by Nana.

00-Zero

Smash Journeyman
No problem lol. It's much easier to find things when you are viewing threads on the "40 posts per page" setting XP

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
O: I don't remember that conversation. Welp, thanks for explaining it to me.

Smoom77

Smash Master
Hylian, can you lock this? We shouldn't have discussed this here in the first part since we have a Q&A thread.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
No problem :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom