• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I have no idea how to improve

Senmorta

Smash Rookie
Hey guys,

I make this post as a kind of question/looking for advice

I've picked the game when it came out with the switch and played a little bit but mostly in solo or against bot because I didn't had the online. Recently I got hyped by the game and went back on it but I play like **** and have no idea how to improve, I tried some characters, watched videos but keep getting destroyed online, I make stupid mistake but it make it that I don't feel like playing too much time because of that.

I wondered how to improve other than keep getting my cheeks clapped, I have no friends that play it and I even started to look to go in tournament to find people to freeplay with and maybe have them make me learn but they ask for the dlc in the small scale and I don't know if I want to invest 55 € yet. I know where I suck (movement, spamming, imput control, basically everything) but don't really know how to improve it because against bot is really different

Thanks for reading my complain and if you have tips i'll be glad

greatbernard

Smash Apprentice
Show your replay to better players and have them give you constructive feedback?

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
my basic suggestion just continue learning different ways to move/approach/recover/etc practice those ways and get better at adjusting with the right practiced method against human players. However what's even more important than that is learning how to predict your opponent and take advantage of what they do.

Ssbunbalanced

Smash Rookie
Tbh theres to many people who treat this game like they’re being paid for it. The game is in a state of horrible balance i mean look at hero literally has a reflect, sword, crits, one hit kill, projectiles etc and people who play 8 hrs a day.

Linkmain-maybe

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1042-6735-2236
Hey guys,

I've picked the game when it came out with the switch and played a little bit but mostly in solo or against bot because I didn't had the online. Recently I got hyped by the game and went back on it but I play like **** and have no idea how to improve, I tried some characters, watched videos but keep getting destroyed online, I make stupid mistake but it make it that I don't feel like playing too much time because of that.

I wondered how to improve other than keep getting my cheeks clapped, I have no friends that play it and I even started to look to go in tournament to find people to freeplay with and maybe have them make me learn but they ask for the dlc in the small scale and I don't know if I want to invest 55 € yet. I know where I suck (movement, spamming, imput control, basically everything) but don't really know how to improve it because against bot is really different

Just play a lot. Seriously, just grind games and watch a lot of guides. Banana Boy on YouTube has some great stuff.

Mike 223

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-1792-4156-5513
What Linkmain said, you need to just play the game and you'll get better at it. Guides can help with some more advanced techniques like DI, SDI, Reading, the sorts. You'll get destroyed at first, believe me, but you'll improve with practice. I couldn't even reach Elite before, I now beat most people I fight since I have gotten to that point where it takes extremely good players that either play for a living or just have tons upon tons of time on their hands to play Smash Bros to beat me, lab the stuff you're poor at, could be recovery or combos.

Last edited:

Martha Venus

Smash Rookie
Hey guys,

Dear Senmorta, Thanks for sharing your views and asking about how we could improve ourselves in any solo games here.

Top Bottom