• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U I have my own question i wanna ask please read

KONATAxGAMING

Smash Rookie
Hey guys id like to have some insight my lil brother and i play smash on the wii u he mains lil mac and i play palutena and sometimes villager to counter him he thinks its unfair to pick maps where he can fall off for him playing reckless and i say its fair since lil mac does alot of damage and has a bad recovery so i kinda wanna see who agrees with me or him

D

Deleted member

I agree with you im a Little mac/Sonic main and i Side B offstage sometimes he just needs to learn how to use his attacks strategically and the bad recovery is something you live with as a Little mac main.

KONATAxGAMING

Smash Rookie
I agree with you im a Little mac/Sonic main and i Side B offstage sometimes he just needs to learn how to use his attacks strategically and the bad recovery is something you live with as a Little mac main.
Thank you very much because i try and tell him picking stages where you cant fall off doesnt make you a good lil mac sure its hard to get back on stage with him but its not impossible cloud is in the same boat he does great damage but bad recovery without his limit break

D

Deleted member

Thank you very much because i try and tell him picking stages where you cant fall off doesnt make you a good lil mac sure its hard to get back on stage with him but its not impossible cloud is in the same boat he does great damage but bad recovery without his limit break
Ya if bad recovery is to much i recommend him switching his main to someone who has a good recovery

KONATAxGAMING

Smash Rookie
Ya if bad recovery is to much i recommend him switching his main to someone who has a good recovery
He use to be kirby main but i always tell him lil mac has bad recovery but its not impossible to get back on stage with him

D

Deleted member

He use to be kirby main but i always tell him lil mac has bad recovery but its not impossible to get back on stage with him
I used to be a Sonic main with Little mac/Samus secondary i was learning the two characters I actually gave up on Little Mac for a little bit then I found and I watched a a guy named vex and he obliterated the competition he helped me find the way I wanted to play Little Mac and I practiced a lot I recommend he Mains Kirby and practices with Little Mac and once he's comfortable with Little Mac he can either have two mains or just replace Kirby all together hope I helped!

Last edited by a moderator:

Smash Lampjaw

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1307-1021-0308
Given I played Smash with a younger brother growing up and know how stubborn we both were about it back then, I can relate. I do agree with you, and Smash is a game of adaptability, but some people just don't want to play it that way, especially if he's young, and honestly, that's fine. He just wants to be Little Mac and that's how he has fun. However, given you're playing casually with your brother, surely you can both reach a compromise to keep it balanced for you, as well. Take turns choosing stages, play your mains on stages he chooses, and different characters you're not good with in stages you pick, so on. Find ways of balancing. Have a rule where you can't use the same character two or three times in a row, and have him make up something silly. Pick each other's characters every 3 matches, or the last match's loser gets to pick their opponent's character. Agree to set the stages to random if it's a real issue, then he'll have to play the hand he's given. Make it up as you go. Fun should be the priority over competition, especially between siblings. Find interesting ways you can agree to make it fun for both of you, it's worth it to try.

KONATAxGAMING

Smash Rookie
Thats what we do xD and i try telling most other lil mac mains they already know what there getting when choosing lil mac hes a powerhouse but has bad recovery just like any other heavy fighter such as gannondorf ike i cant say much for ryu but cloud has bad recovery for some reason though it triggers him when i use rosalina and luma and im like rosa isnt even top tier shes not even that great if you get rid of luma shes practically vulnerable and worthless at that point but i use villager and dr mario and lucas to counter him since he likes to side smash and spam counter so i just grab him alot because i see it coming and punish him and is hard to pick my worst character because i already know how to use most characters

Magical Tuesday

Smash Rookie
I think the point of the game is to have fun. A little variety in stage layout is always nice, so rotating to places like Coliseum is probably a good idea for learning Little Macs. Stages like Delfino Plaza and Wuhu Island also test his ability to stay on the stage while sometimes giving him a break.

Addressing the question, no I don't think it's unfair. You each have any character and any stage to choose from, and the game is about utilizing those choices and their nuances to contend for a spot on the results screen.

KiyoXDragon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KiyoXDragon
3DS FC
2981-7067-0666
Switch FC
SW-1752-3317-0324
I agree with you; he will have to learn to play on all stages, a good little mac should be good on all the stages. It's not unfair, and it's not impossible to get on the stage again. Besides different stages make the game fun.

Top Bottom