• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I hate people.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I normally hate topics about news articles, but:

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/03/21/torture.slaying.ap/index.html

This is by far the sickest act of humanity in my life time. For those who can't make it through it all, and I'll admit, it is hard, Dixon, the woman who was tortured for around six months, was mentally deficient , and Riley was her case worker. The baby of Dixon was one year old and weighed only fifteen pounds.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
That's messed up.

Well, I've seen and heard worse, so that doesn't really bother me, but it's still not right.

cF=)

Smash Lord
I stopped reading after a few seconds, my guts were on their way out.

No word can describe the disgust I feel right now.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
WTF dude that's really twisted. I don't understand why she was living with them.
She was broke, a single mother, pregnant, and mentally ********. This woman preyed on her like an animal. It's really sick that you can't even trust social workers now.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
You know... I don't mean to start anything, but as soon as something bad happens humans seem to immediately think "O noez we're teh evulz!11" when, in reality, other creatures in the animal kingdom do the same thing in some cases.

We just have more technology and stuff.

Firebert

Smash Ace
You know... I don't mean to start anything, but as soon as something bad happens humans seem to immediately think "O noez we're teh evulz!11" when, in reality, other creatures in the animal kingdom do the same thing in some cases.

But animals don't enact this kind of cruelty, or at least, most don't usually.

Caturdayz

Smash Journeyman

Not to mention we are supposed to be above this.

Also, animals don't kill for ****s and giggles they kill to survive. So honestly shut your **** mouth before saying something is repulsively stupid ever again.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Actually, some animal species do have fights to the death. I'm not saying that they do it for fun, but the point is, is that they do it also.

Most species on the planet will kill members of its own kind, if they have to. I'm not saying that they're as cruel as humans are, but they still do it.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
You both did have a point, though. They don't kill for kicks and giggles. But they still kill.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Eh. It's cool.

And the 12 year old boy is screwed for life now. His punishment is to be stuck in a McDonalds arguing with a 48-year-old woman while her 7 children run through the store and break everything, and once you demand for her to pay for it, she threatens to sue you for racism.

Ah, good ol' Mc Donalds.

bluezaft

The True Zaft
Actually, some animal species do have fights to the death. I'm not saying that they do it for fun, but the point is, is that they do it also.

Most species on the planet will kill members of its own kind, if they have to. I'm not saying that they're as cruel as humans are, but they still do it.
Are you trying to draw a connection between killing for survival and sadism? Those are two completely different concepts. Animals don't have the mental faculties to be "evil" or take pleasure in causing pain.

I'm disgusted to the point of feeling sick that Dixon had to go through what she did, and I hate that the people who did those things to her because they DIDN'T feel disgusted.

And frankly, I'm not too impressed with you either for being able to shrug all sympathy off so easily. I mean, I don't think you should feel personally attached to the woman, or that you need to make some corny post about how terrible the world is, but you at least should avoid posting that it's not that big of a deal, even if you're a ******* that couldn't care less.

Blackadder

Smash Master
I think the worst bit in all this is that they all STILL don't seem to care.

Are they all insane? Who does that? What the hell do they think? She's mentally ********, so torture on her is fair game? And a 12 year old boy? A 16 year old girl? They must've been raised to think like homicidal maniacs.

I just can't understand this stuff. It's such a depressing thought that these kind of loons are part of the human race.

Poor Dixon... :(

nin10do

Smash Journeyman
This reminded me of the Junko Furuta case in Japan...torture cases make me sick to my stomach.

Caturdayz

Smash Journeyman
And neither do humans, usually.
I disagree. Sadistic killings have been going on (at least) since the Roman Empire. Its become quite fashionable lately to kill others for no apparent reason. Looking at School Shootings, the War in Iraq, and using a disabled pregnant lady as target practice et cetera.

WoapGang

Mighty Soul of Woapgang
3DS FC
3411-2904-8277
Omg.....yo, this is some bull****. Why would you torment a poor woman like this.....All five of those mother-****ers are going to HELL

Zema

Smash Journeyman
If any more shame can be put to the hands of the murderers, they deserve it.

I cannot believe that we can actually have the courage to be so horrible and evil. This is just a cruel and terrible crime that was done for no absolute reason.

This makes me think about us, humans. WHy do we have countries? Why do we have borders to divide us? Why are we so power-hungry? Why do we achieve the most horrible goals to our own desires? Why can't we all believe in one religion and speak one language.

This has been said by many people. "If everyone in the world was like me, it would be a better place".

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I disagree. Sadistic killings have been going on (at least) since the Roman Empire. Its become quite fashionable lately to kill others for no apparent reason. Looking at School Shootings, the War in Iraq, and using a disabled pregnant lady as target practice et cetera.
Yes, but humans DONT usually do that. Look at the percentages between those who do and those who don't, and you'll find that only a small (though still too large) percentage of the human race does that sort of crap.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
The world's a sad place. You hear about murdering all of the time, and I just don't know how or why people do it. It's such a terrible thing.

This is very sick. Poor woman.

SU_Remo

Remo Knows
That is one of the sickest things I've ever read about. *sigh* Some people are cruel, cruel evil being.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
Holy. That's not a conventional news report, even in murder categories. I think the common, somewhat defining characteristic among people who kill (or torture) in small groups is a complete lack of remourse or the inability to feel bad for one's actions. These kind of people tend to be spread out across societies of every kind. Larger groups of people need a complete way of thinking and a way of transmitting said way of thinking to the next generation (see Nazi ideology and culture.) However, in this case the number of people who are 'insane' and living in such proximity of each other is incredible, and as a result has created a terrible event. These people certainly do not think the same way the common human does. I do not mean to play down the incident, but although this event may make one lose faith in the human race, remember it is one person among many that was killed, and that people of this scope of evil are of relatively few number.

If this event makes you sad, I can be hugged!

antimatter

Smash Lord
just when i thought my hatred of humanity couldn't expand even further. i really hope there's an afterlife now, so these people, and others like them, pay.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer

Stop posting until you have an idea of what you're trying to say.

Animals don't TORTURE other animals.

Animals don't kill for reasons other then territory, food or mates.

You shouldn't post random bull**** about trying to sound smart and make an analogy that DOESN'T work.

Don't try to lessen a horrid act with your bull****

-Risky-

Smash Apprentice
I stopped reading part way but ****in hell, what's wrong with these people?

Edit: I just saw all this shizaz
Actually, some animal species do have fights to the death.
Yeah, they kill each other, they don't band together to slowly torture a mentally-disabled pregnant woman to death

Top Bottom