• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I hate Marth dittos.

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
fine fine i hadnt tried any of this out before i just wanted a handy reference for quick decision making. good marths have traditionally been very creative, so this little "guide" was meant just to be sort of a "let me try to outprioritize what hes going for with this this one time," which can of course get predictable and not always work.

but by proper spacing i didnt mean tipper/non-tipper, i meant simply baiting the DA, as in staying far enough away from the DA to be hit by it, but of course everything i described can be read.

w/e forget it

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
DI fthrows down and away if you're not at 0%. You will be able to tech before the fsmash hits you.
Do this even if you're at 0%, you'll be able to land and shield/spotdodge/roll before Marth can regrab/f-smash. If he's not timing his followup pretty much frame perfectly...you can even grab him out of his followup attempt :p

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
i greatly apologize for my poor choice in audioswapping

but yeah, that should be a pretty good match

taj does pretty well maneuvering the match against M2k, but m2k's combos and edgeguards are just too ridiculous.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
eh, audio swapping is a hit or miss thing it's no biggie as far as I'm concerned lol.

But it's true; Azen vs Ken is good, but if you want to see Marth dittos at their current meta-game it's Tec0 M2K Taj and a few more.

As for you Tai, your Marth is pretty dam legit too. :)

As for me, i love Marth dittos, but it's an awkward match-up. I either **** or get ***** lol.

DJMirror

Smash Master
i greatly apologize for my poor choice in audioswapping

but yeah, that should be a pretty good match

taj does pretty well maneuvering the match against M2k, but m2k's combos and edgeguards are just too ridiculous.
I just change the music by editing it =)

those matches were good as ****!

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
eh, audio swapping is a hit or miss thing it's no biggie as far as I'm concerned lol.

But it's true; Azen vs Ken is good, but if you want to see Marth dittos at their current meta-game it's Tec0 M2K Taj and a few more.

As for you Tai, your Marth is pretty dam legit too. :)

As for me, i love Marth dittos, but it's an awkward match-up. I either **** or get ***** lol.
THANK YOU!! *cries*

did i happen to play you at pound?

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
THANK YOU!! *cries*

did i happen to play you at pound?
I didn't make it to Pound, things got in the way. :ohwell: I watch a bit of you vs Darkrain though (gotta watch the rest i've been busy /johns)

I would've played Mewtwo against you at some point so you'll remeber me if we ever do get to play... ;)

But yeah, Marth dittos. Love/hate relationship with the match-up.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
I didn't make it to Pound, things got in the way. :ohwell: I watch a bit of you vs Darkrain though (gotta watch the rest i've been busy /johns)

I would've played Mewtwo against you at some point so you'll remeber me if we ever do get to play... ;)

But yeah, Marth dittos. Love/hate relationship with the match-up.
Hahaha

that probably wouldn't have gone well (mewtwo, that is)

since i have dat Taj practice

he loves marth dittos too

p.s.

Forward vs TAJ marth dittos are pretty good too

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
Hahaha

that probably wouldn't have gone well (mewtwo, that is)

since i have dat Taj practice

he loves marth dittos too

p.s.

Forward vs TAJ marth dittos are pretty good too
just putting this out there.

and posting like MaNg0.

That it would be a different style of M2 (Inferior sure, but different)

and I might surprise yOu.

Not saying I'd **** you, and I detest the Marth M2 match-up

but you vs my M2 would still be ON!

it's always fun unless your M2 gets *****. /MaNg0 posting.

Yeah lol I forgot about those (The Forward vs Taj matches), you or I should dig them up eh? I love Marth dittos because they're fun, but I hate them when random *** stuff happens. they can be just plain weird.

Skye93

Smash Rookie
For a marth ditto, is trying to grab your opponent a good thing?
I played a marth ditto, and sometimes we try to grab each other, but other times we just try to fair each other.

I.B

Smash Lord
M2K vs I.B was actually a pretty good set
Meh, I guess so. I'll get him next time. :mad:

For a marth ditto, is trying to grab your opponent a good thing?
I played a marth ditto, and sometimes we try to grab each other, but other times we just try to fair each other.
Yes.

If your opponent is spamming early non tipped fairs or nairs at low-mid percents, stay grounded and CC grab them or f-smash them if it'll get them close to/off the edge.

I like to f-throw tech chase at any percent that isn't 0%-12% ish (uthrow -> followup usually yields better results). If you can't start a juggle for some reason, get the grab and when you go for the tech chase, try to push them to the edge. Whether it be a d-throw, or a f-smash tech chase or dash attack to fairs, etc.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Yeah lol I forgot about those (The Forward vs Taj matches), you or I should dig them up eh? I love Marth dittos because they're fun, but I hate them when random *** stuff happens. they can be just plain weird.
lol well i uploaded them

just search my channel (atvsmash) for them

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
Top Bottom