• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I hate kids (brawl related)

Dimmy

Smash Journeyman
i had a similar kind of ordeal where there was a video game tent at this canada day event and they had ssbb. I was beating a bunch of kids and they blamed it on the controller and eventually johned about me being too old and bullying little kids. I proceeded to call my little brother over whose only 11, hes one of the smarter kids who actually learns when i beat him at brawl and actually takes advice from me. Anyways, after winning well over 20 matches in a row they decided to say he was cheating because he uses wario and abuses wario's air control to mindgame them. I think he jv 4 stocked one kid and the kid went over and got the venue organizer to kick my brother and me banned from playing brawl at the venue.

BurningCrusader777

Smash Journeyman
i had a similar kind of ordeal where there was a video game tent at this canada day event and they had ssbb. I was beating a bunch of kids and they blamed it on the controller and eventually johned about me being too old and bullying little kids. I proceeded to call my little brother over whose only 11, hes one of the smarter kids who actually learns when i beat him at brawl and actually takes advice from me. Anyways, after winning well over 20 matches in a row they decided to say he was cheating because he uses wario and abuses wario's air control to mindgame them. I think he jv 4 stocked one kid and the kid went over and got the venue organizer to kick my brother and me banned from playing brawl at the venue.

Wow. What scrubs <_<

There really isn't anyone around for me to play... Actually, I'm the youngest of the people who can actually put up a decent fight with me in the area. One's something like 22, another 21, another who's about a year older than me, and then a bunch of slightly younger (i.e. a few months) friends who don't play fighters that much.

thekingsdinner666

Smash Apprentice
Kids at Gamestop: ZOMG kids are SO annoying. He'll use Kirby because he's like the only Brawl character he knows, and they use all there jumps but over spam the jump botton so there jump goes like 2 seconds past the apex and they use down-b. You don don't even have to move and they miss. And if you hit them off and stun them so they can't jump again, they're all like, "That's not fair, that was a glitch!" Argh

REL38

Smash Lord
Kids at Gamestop: ZOMG kids are SO annoying.
Just the other day I was playing that new punch-out demo game and this one kid saw me playin' and tried to take the controller away from me. I'm like "what the?" He really ticked me off. Back on topic . . .

I when Brawl came out I could only play at this one kid's house. I'd only get to play twice a month, but it was worth it. He would get bored within 30 min. and want to play things like dodgeball in Brawl. I hated it, but I was desperate to play the game. I unfortunately had to bear with it for over 9 months after release until I managed to get myself a Wii.

Volt7x

Smash Journeyman
I was getting complaints about winning a lot once too in a party I'm actually pretty young, younger than most people in the thread. And they were complaining about me being the oldest for some reason. So I tell my ten year old sister to beat them. She's actually pretty good. I thought her ATs, DI, strategies, I even manged to get her to learn to L-cancel (she can't do it anymore). Too bad she always johns. If I use Falco's laser more than seven times she gets mad. And I can't use Meta Knight against her (she isn't aware of tiers, she just somehow knows how broken Meta Knight is. I have no idea how). She doesn't if random picks him at least.
Just the other day I was playing that new punch-out demo game and this one kid saw me playin' and tried to take the controller away from me. I'm like "what the?" He really ticked me off. Back on topic . . .

I when Brawl came out I could only play at this one kid's house. I'd only get to play twice a month, but it was worth it. He would get bored within 30 min. and want to play things like dodgeball in Brawl. I hated it, but I was desperate to play the game. I unfortunately had to bear with it for over 9 months after release until I managed to get myself a Wii.
I feel your pain. I had no Wii until my thirteenth birthday last year (I think you can guess my age now ;)). I played at my friends house but he always did giant fire slow invisible Brawls or something. Also with Blast Boxes on high. At least it was funny abusing Nades.

Apollo$

Smash Ace
I played some kid like that at game stop, except it was melee. He said he could beat me but I acted modest as possible and took the challenge. He pick bowser and I picked Mario and got three kills in the minute time limit. He said I cheated but I just shrugged and continued on my way.

Tury94

Smash Rookie
I hate it when little kids online start acting all tough and try to intimidate one way or another then end up cussing the heck out of you and screaming, etc etc.

PCHU

Smash Lord
My friend isn't THAT great at Melee, Brawl, or 64, but she's pretty good.
She's better than most people among our friends, but I outrank her.
She is good, but she just lacks the proper advanced techniques and mindgames.

Anyways, she doesn't get on my nerves since she doesn't whine and complain when she loses.
That's me, since I only lose due to items or SDs (I remember picking DDD for the first time, and I was fighting her brother, and we were on our last stock. I BEGAN a chaingrab and a bob-omb fell out of nowhere and killed me. Their system doesn't like chaingrabbing EITHER....)
She's opposed to chaingrabs and ledgehogs.

ANYWAYS, onwards.
it's her LITTLE brother that bugs me.
I beat the mess out of him every time I fight him, but he won't shut up.
I five stocked him on Melee AND Brawl, and he won't be quiet.
He may be only 5, but it's rather sad that parents these days don't teach discipline like they should.
They either over discipline or under discipline.
>_>

BloodBird

Smash Journeyman
Sometimes when I play against my friend I actually don't try or purposely let him win, but also sometimes my controller actually does **** up on me.

professor mgw

Smash Champion
NNID
Prof3ssorMGW
Now depending on the age vary i should either
1:Go bust or aςς online right now
2:Say i know, that's so true.

tehfatwiz

Smash Rookie
For crap's sake, I taught a 5 year old to wavedash, l-cancel, shffl, and powershield in Melee, all in one hour. His friend comes up and wants to learn, but won't listen, so I ask him "Are ya ready for a real match?" he says yes, then I beat him. He cries and says "it's because you didn't teach me those moves" and I respond by telling him that he wouldn't listen. Now, he accepts that I am a better player, and he can l-cancel.

Everybody wins.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
For crap's sake, I taught a 5 year old to wavedash, l-cancel, shffl, and powershield in Melee, all in one hour. His friend comes up and wants to learn, but won't listen, so I ask him "Are ya ready for a real match?" he says yes, then I beat him. He cries and says "it's because you didn't teach me those moves" and I respond by telling him that he wouldn't listen. Now, he accepts that I am a better player, and he can l-cancel.

Everybody wins.
...A five year old?

Unless he's some kind of Smash prodigy, that's like...impossible. Well, maybe you taught him, but I doubt he was fluent. It takes forever to be able to do stuff like that on command. O__o

Zeruel21

Smash Journeyman
It's pretty sad that just about anyone who thinks they're good has no ability to recognize when they're up against someone much better than them. Hopefully they'll take notice of how they lost, or at least realize that the world is big and that there's usually someone better than you. One of the biggest things I try to push with my younger brothers is that unless you dedicate yourself to the game like we have, you'll never beat competive players like us. It's really cut down on their lame excuses.

Rick-E

Smash Cadet
Hah, reminds me of my younger brothers. One is 10 and one is 12. The 12 year old is terrible, and complains every time he loses, its hilarious to watch imo and my friends get a kick out of it. The 10 year old on the other hand has been playing brawl since release with me and my friends. He never complains when he loses and he never boasts when he wins, hes fun to fight even though he may not be as good, i still think he is amazing for a 10 year old. He took time to learn AT's for certain characters and understands how defensive this game is, so whenever a new person comes over to play, he usually kicks there *** because they were being over aggressive since they were fighting a small child.

All in all, I don't think any child has the right to complain about losing and should just suck it up and practice. As a child I learned (and taught my younger brother) that when you lose, you find out why you lost and improve in that area.

Zesty_Chicken

Smash Cadet
It's hilarious when this happens to me.

One time, this kid comes to a small tourney. He says "I'm a god at this game. You should all leave because you'll lose anyway." The crappy people at the tourney lost to him (barely), and in the finals he faces me. So I choose Jigglypuff (who this kid thinks is the worst character in the game), and he chooses Fox. He's like "I'm going to kick your ***. Jigglypuff sucks so much". When the game starts, he sits there and spams lazer. I crouch under all of them. Then, he approaches me with Fox Illusion. I grab him out of it, upthrow, and Bair him off the stage for a gimp. He gets pissed off and says, "You got lucky."

The rest of the match goes on like that. In the second match, I play Marth and stand in the middle of FD for the whole match. I still win.

So the kid's like, "You're really lucky", and after I win the tourney, he challenges me to another match. Because I'm tired of him, I play Falco. I camp the entire time and win. "My controller isn't working," he says. "No johns," I say.

He gives me a funny look and calls me a *****, then walks away.

I later found out his name was John.

Brawler1432

Smash Lord

One time, this kid comes to a small tourney. He says "I'm a god at this game. You should all leave because you'll lose anyway." The crappy people at the tourney lost to him (barely), and in the finals he faces me. So I choose Jigglypuff (who this kid thinks is the worst character in the game), and he chooses Fox. He's like "I'm going to kick your ***. Jigglypuff sucks so much". When the game starts, he sits there and spams lazer. I crouch under all of them. Then, he approaches me with Fox Illusion. I grab him out of it, upthrow, and Bair him off the stage for a gimp. He gets pissed off and says, "You got lucky."

The rest of the match goes on like that. In the second match, I play Marth and stand in the middle of FD for the whole match. I still win.

So the kid's like, "You're really lucky", and after I win the tourney, he challenges me to another match. Because I'm tired of him, I play Falco. I camp the entire time and win. "My controller isn't working," he says. "No johns," I say.

They are ******** on the outside, but then they go home and cry themselves to sleep . You taught a valuable lesson.

Marthos

Smash Journeyman

Reminds me of one of my friends (whose name is of course Jon).

When we used to play melee I was a good deal better than him and won nearly every match. After a 20 minute losing streak of his he would start pretending to hit me with the controller whenever I won. Then he started hitting me with the controller. I just coolly smiled and as soon as he realized that wasn't helping absolutely gave up and would restart the match whenever he started losing or quit. It was rather entertaining.

pacmansays

Smash Journeyman
I can't believe that this thread is still alive. What is it, over a year old?

Kinda have to agree here, everyone hates a sore loser but stop fretting over it or claiming to be superior by pointing it out. They have to deal with their own inedequacy after losing to you...isn't that enough? :urg:

Top Bottom