• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I hate kids (brawl related)

PCHU

Smash Lord
My first matches of Melee were spent in awe of the concept of the game.
And afterwards, they were spent in frustration.

I don't exactly remember how I was getting my butt kicked, but I did.
And I was a persistent kid.
I kept on trying, beating my opponent a few times every now and then.
But I sucked overall, mainly because I chose Mewtwo.

I haven't seen this guy in a year or two.
I haven't fought him since three or more years ago.
I really want to kick his butt show him how much I've improved.

Anyways, I'm pretty sure I johned a few times.
Most of us did.
Just wait for them to grow up; sometimes it takes awhile, sometimes it takes longer.
And, occasionally, they'll never grow up.

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
Reminds me of a time I was playing at an expo in London and these gang of scottish guys were playing. It was melee btw. Anyway I kept winning as Samus so they ganged up on me. I decided to wait by the edge and grapple they off then meteor smash them. I did it and they thought it was a glitch. They also believed Toad was unlockable.

Lovely

Smash Lord
♣ Only reason why I don't want to Brawl a kid, most of them want to play item battle with big over size stages like New Pork City or so. I don't know, maybe the kids I know do this on purpose to get on my nerves. ♥

chaos11011

Smash Lord
NNID
IDSeason
some kids are cool and dont use items (it depends on the person)

Heo/Wolfe

Smash Rookie
LOL i get people like that all the time. I felt like that once though, since i mainly use a wavebird at tourneys. And I was getting some crappy inputs, but it started working fine again after I threw/dropped the controller and changed the channel/batteries. Too bad it was after pools... <.<

Lesson learned - F*ck wavebirds in tourneys, wired controllers all the way.

breegullbeak

Smash Rookie
It's funny how your making fun of a kid while your the one who practices 24-7. :mad:I love SSB, but I don't play it all the time. I actully haven't even touched online since every one choses Hyrule temple. :(I get pwnd by a bunch of 40 year old virgins who probably haven't been out side since purchasing the game.:chuckle:

Number 1 DK

Smash Apprentice
I went into Best Buy and noticed that they set up a Wii console with Brawl on one of the big screen TVs near the couch for customers to try out. When I got there, there was a 7-9 year old kid playing. I got a Wiimote and I sat down beside the little kid.

Apparently, the kid thought he was some hot **** and kept boasting about how awesome he is at the game. So then, we proceeded to set up a match. After the first game, I won. He said "Oh, I wasn't trying that time you know. I was letting you win." Okay, right. So then we played 4 more games. Owned him each game. After each game, the little f*cker would make up some ******** excuse like "Since you were a beginner, I went easy on you. Do you want me to go hard on you?" To which I would reply, "yeah, bring it." He would still lose. But that's not all, he would then say "I was going medium on you, don't worry, I'm really good." On the last game, the kid started making bull**** excuses about how the controller stopped working and random **** like that. The funniest part was when I was leading him with 2 lives, he would say "hey, my controller isn't working, I wasn't playing, y'know. You can go ahead and kill me now."

F*cking hell, if his dad wasn't nearby, I would've curb stomped the little ****er right there. So in the end, I left
It was a 8 year old kid. Of course he is going to make excuses. You getting mad about it proves how immature you are and how much of a flaming douche you are.

And are you honestly bragging about beating an 8 year old kid in brawl? Honestly? You know, the game that was made to appeal to 8 year olds?

Vitamin_x

Smash Apprentice
It was a 8 year old kid. Of course he is going to make excuses. You getting mad about it proves how immature you are and how much of a flaming douche you are.

And are you honestly bragging about beating an 8 year old kid in brawl? Honestly? You know, the game that was made to appeal to 8 year olds?
You've got it all wrong, silly.

KoSa!

Smash Journeyman

Thats not the problem. I've have this happen to me in games like SF or even in basketball. I remember a time when I went to a court and starting playing just joking around. And a kid(older than me I would like to point out) wanted to play a game. So I didn't care decided I would get some practice in, and beat him the first time. Close game so I didn't mind a rematch. I beat him again another close game. Eventually it got to the point were I was demolishing him. And he insisted on doing rematches, to add to this he would say things to try and throw my game off, or over celebrate when he makes a jump shot. It was getting late and we played another game, I let him win, and he has the nerves to brag about it. Its not just kids, there are lots of people that just love to act childish....

Number 1 DK

Smash Apprentice
The point is not that the kid was making excuses, or that a lot of people do make excuses. I know that.

The point is that this guy who started the thread obviously let it get to him that a little kid was doing this.

I get the other point that he was making, but I just don't understand getting upset about a kid making excuses, to the point of calling him a little f***** and saying you would curb-stomp him. It's in a kid's nature to make excuses. That is what I was trying to say.

Darknid

Smash Journeyman
I don't know what you're talking about, I find johns hilarious.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
you should have challenged him to a life or death match right there in best buy.

lol a cage drops around you two with wiimote accessories instead of chainsaws and **** and you both brawl a brawl with so much on the line, with best buy employees yelling "TWO MAN ENTER ONE MAN LEAVE" and an Asian casual shopper who yells "YOU MUST RECOVER." And after you win, tina turner sings a song about thunderdome.

at least the world would be +1 intelligence due to the absence of that one n00b

It annoys me how nobody else has mentioned how much internet of win this guy has won.

SexyFalchion

Smash Rookie
I hate when kids that play brawl or any smash game.~
They just spam and stand there....
XD I wish they were all like my brother and me =-=
We are pros!!;)

Project D

Smash Journeyman
I hate when kids that play brawl or any smash game.~
They just spam and stand there....
sometimes that ain't necessary the case, I'm the younger bro (15) however, my older bro is the spammer (21) uses falco's blaster about 75% of the time or pikachu's B attack/thunder.
so who is the kid in this situation?

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
Makes me wonder how many 7-9 year old kids are signed up on Smashboards...if any.

XaioXang

Smash Rookie
I was playing in the dorms with another smasher who I met recently and we were having fun and both of us giving it our all. I ran across her yesterday and she said that she was beating up on her friend so that wouldn't die as soon because ... I was a " novice". I may not be the best but she was in no way shape or form taking it easy on me, because you can tell when someone is. For her to lie made me want to not brawl with her. I'm disappointed in her because she is in college and old enough not to pull dumb crap like that.

Zesse

Smash Rookie
I went into Best Buy and noticed that they set up a Wii console with Brawl on one of the big screen TVs near the couch for customers to try out. When I got there, there was a 7-9 year old kid playing. I got a Wiimote and I sat down beside the little kid.

Apparently, the kid thought he was some hot **** and kept boasting about how awesome he is at the game. So then, we proceeded to set up a match. After the first game, I won. He said "Oh, I wasn't trying that time you know. I was letting you win." Okay, right. So then we played 4 more games. Owned him each game. After each game, the little f*cker would make up some ******** excuse like "Since you were a beginner, I went easy on you. Do you want me to go hard on you?" To which I would reply, "yeah, bring it." He would still lose. But that's not all, he would then say "I was going medium on you, don't worry, I'm really good." On the last game, the kid started making bull**** excuses about how the controller stopped working and random **** like that. The funniest part was when I was leading him with 2 lives, he would say "hey, my controller isn't working, I wasn't playing, y'know. You can go ahead and kill me now."

F*cking hell, if his dad wasn't nearby, I would've curb stomped the little ****er right there. So in the end, I left
So you were going to beat up a little kid... for acting like... a little kid :dizzy:

Project D

Smash Journeyman
well anyone would get *bleep* off if they were constantly johning. complaint after complaint, they need to learn to accept defeat as they can't go back and simply win. they have to try harder to win in future, or the other path they just give up after a month of player or become button bashers/spammers/any other annoying type of player.

Zesse

Smash Rookie
Can someone explain what the problem is with a kid, acting like a kid

RomeDogg

Smash Journeyman
You shouldnt have been playing a little kids game, then you most likely wouldnt have had that problem. Grow hair on ur sack and play Melee.

Nibbles 2

Smash Apprentice
When I saw "Dexter Morgan" had created a thread called "I hate kids", my mind jumped to the worst possible conclusions.

But yeah, it is annoying playing someone with a million different excuses. But, nowhere near as annoying as someone who brags constantly if they win. If they're making annoying excuses, at the end of the day, no matter what they say... you still won.

TriforceMaster5282

Smash Apprentice
oh god i KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN I cant stand these idiots!! Especially when they consistently lose and you sort of feel bad for them, so you let them win a round by "accidently" dropping a bomb-omb on your head or "accidently" jumping of the edge, and then they go boasting that they're better than you and never let you forget it until you woop their *** again and cry.

And don't even get me started on wifi kids/wifi kid spammers

sons of a *****es

woody72691

Smash Ace
the same thing goes with me when doing drum set. some hot shots think there amazing because they can like play a beginners beat and i get on and show them Mother ****ers off. and the same goes for melee. there like, "oo Captain Falcon sucks, Fox is the best in the game so i win without even playing" and i just get a match up and i kept 4 stocking them. my Falcon is insane. thats why they call me Rush. i tech chase to u die. in Brawl, oo god, dont even get me started i main with Captain Falcon and these kids are like "he sucks hes the worst character in the game i'll beat u with MK" and i told them to bring, and i'm a good falcon player and i 3 stocked them.

Cenedar

Smash Ace
Most people I play don't do that, but there was this one kid I played once, he wasn't even a kid (I'm 20 and he has at least a year on me). We were goofing around with items and the like, and he kept harping about how he was the **** and said he was going to own me. Bear in mind, this is a four way match between me, him, his girlfriend, and another mutual friend.

He was always Ike, which I respect cause it takes practice to be good with Ike...the problem was that he WASN'T good. He tanked, royally.

He was always the first one to die. And each and every time he lost, he would complain about how his controller wasn't working, or that he was going easy on us. So I called him out on it, we went one on one, no items, simple stage as per his request. We were just trying to goof around and have fun but no, he insisted on playing "somebody with skill".

So I DESTROYED him.

This 21 year old guy was *****ing and complaining that he lost. I just laughed inside and took it in stride, but there was a small part of me that wanted to take his controller and break it over his big, empty head. The lesson here, kiddies, is this: it's okay to act like a child if you ARE a child. But any kid over the age of 13 should know better than to make excuses to cover the fact that he sucks. Just practice, it's how people get good at ****.

Scinn

The Fluffiest
NNID
BLKROCKET25
HAHAHA i've been there before mostly it at game stop or bestbuy i just say no johns or i insult them till they leave.

The Mad Mage

Smash Rookie
I love how the kid-punchers just flat-out ignore all the sensible posts.

As if the idea of someone intruding on their ego-stroking ("WHOA MAN YOU BEAT A SEVEN-YEAR-OLD YOU'RE SO AWESOME!") is simply beyond their comprehension.

J Smith

Smash Rookie
Kids are kids, if they start acting like adults or bahaving like mature ones... it will be you who will complaint first of all about their abnormal attitude...

This is the beauty of the time. So try to adjust your self accordingly

woody72691

Smash Ace
Kids are kids, if they start acting like adults or bahaving like mature ones... it will be you who will complaint first of all about their abnormal attitude...

This is the beauty of the time. So try to adjust your self accordingly
how about u shut up and no never, because they wont.

Pazx

hoo hah
NNID
Pazx13
the same thing goes with me when doing drum set. some hot shots think there amazing because they can like play a beginners beat and i get on and show them Mother ****ers off. and the same goes for melee. there like, "oo Captain Falcon sucks, Fox is the best in the game so i win without even playing" and i just get a match up and i kept 4 stocking them. my Falcon is insane. thats why they call me Rush. i tech chase to u die. in Brawl, oo god, dont even get me started i main with Captain Falcon and these kids are like "he sucks hes the worst character in the game i'll beat u with MK" and i told them to bring, and i'm
a good falcon player and i 3 stocked them.

Most kids (and teens) don't even know about the tier list. They are always like 'Captain falcon i obiously the best he's fast and strong' or 'sonic he's fast and his special (finalsmash) is good' I think there was also a 'Samus is broken. He's so heavy and hard to kill and has missiles and bombs'

woody72691

Smash Ace
Most kids (and teens) don't even know about the tier list. They are always like 'Captain falcon i obiously the best he's fast and strong' or 'sonic he's fast and his special (finalsmash) is good' I think there was also a 'Samus is broken. He's so heavy and hard to kill and has missiles and bombs'

umm dude learn your genders Samus is a chick with big knockers lol anyways thats not what i hear and Umbreon? uhh ok not funny

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
umm dude learn your genders Samus is a chick with big knockers lol anyways thats not what i hear and Umbreon? uhh ok not funny
He was pointing out with the BOLD that a lot of kids think Samus is a guy.

dragon.myrrh

Smash Rookie
Has anyone actually versed a halfway decent kid? Like one of the ones that drops out of school just to play smash? lol. *seeing a 9 year old super-wavedash constantly is scary*

Top Bottom