• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I hate kids (brawl related)

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I played a smart kid the other day. He actually admitted to me being too good xD Then he got his friend and they did 1 vs 2 on me >.O I was using Ike and they were trying Falco/Pit and spamming me with projectiles. (i turned on TA to be fair thank god)

Biolizard13

Smash Rookie
I hate the kids you never meet on wifi

you all know the ones,
you win about 5 games in a row, alternating mains until eventually they pick Olimar and manage to win because of nothing but spam, so next game you pick one of thier mains (usually marth, wolf) and 3 stock them. then they D/C from the game and post on forums about lag (not these forums)

god i hate them
true dat brother X)

ah but that seems kinda funny that lil kid's excuses
I remember my old neighbor some Moron who thought he was better at anything I did
If we Pokemon battled, he DCed
once we were playing Melee, he kept saying things like
"My controller isn't working correctly"
or like "I accidently chose [this character] when I wanted [this character]
I still don't know why I WAS his friend :p

Kronzo

Smash Apprentice
yeah none of them really admit defeat. they are just little kids though.. i brawl with a few young ones who are pretty good.

Project D

Smash Journeyman
someone tell me what DC is, and sometimes my controller didn't respond (mostly A), maybe cause I was using wii-mote and the battery was dying on me.

Project D

Smash Journeyman
=/ i'm 15 thanks, and i joined this forum about a week ago so i'm not familiar with the terms used. I don't complain when i lose -.- so don't judge me in a stereotypical manner.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
someone tell me what DC is, and sometimes my controller didn't respond (mostly A), maybe cause I was using wii-mote and the battery was dying on me.

DC means "disconnected." For example, one might DC during an online match if they're a sore loser, as is the case with Biolizard13's opponent.

Jman115

Smash Journeyman
He was 7-9 years old. What the hell are you complaining about. He was being a typical kid. of course you demolished him and of course he acted like that, its what kids do. That or cry about the fact that you are beating them up. Either way, they are going to be "annoying" if you play your hardest.

Cron_Ace

Smash Rookie
not only that, but when you're online for a match on Wi-Fi, 2 people join and right before the timer hits "1", they both f*n leave.

WTF

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I've played with little kids and experienced some of what you all are talking about in real life. However, I've found the easiest way to bypass their complaints is to do something they believe to be impossible. What I did back in Melee was, if I were to play a young kid, I would ask who they thought was the worst character in the game, and that was the character I would choose. If you follow this approach, regardless of age, I think they will probably recognize you as the better player (they already did in my case at least).

PCHU

Smash Lord
I've played with little kids and experienced some of what you all are talking about in real life. However, I've found the easiest way to bypass their complaints is to do something they believe to be impossible. What I did back in Melee was, if I were to play a young kid, I would ask who they thought was the worst character in the game, and that was the character I would choose. If you follow this approach, regardless of age, I think they will probably recognize you as the better player (they already did in my case at least).
I tried that.
The kid was my friend's sister.
He said Ganondorf was the worst character.
I said "Alright." and 5-stocked him.

He then said Falco was the worst character.
The look on my face was priceless.
I chaingrabbed him across the stage and spiked him.
5-stock.
He still said Falco was the worst.
I think that kid was dropped at an early age.

Many kids are stupid and stubborn, but some are actually intelligent.
With the smart ones, speak.
With the stubborn ones, remain silent; it kills them.
Just learn which ones are which and you'll save yourself from situations such as this.

Conspiricy

Smash Journeyman
Roses are red, Violets are blue, I'm online, Brawl
Lol, I pissed off a whole GAME store full of the liitle noobs with the infinite dimensional cape. after a while of me beating them, a store clerk made a bet saying that If anyone could beat me in 10 matches they get a free item under £40. I almost bricked myself...In the end however, I beat the final person with Gay-Falcon.
Now, I have Fire emblam: radiant down, for my use, for free, cause I.WON.

PCHU

Smash Lord
Lol, I pissed off a whole GAME store full of the liitle noobs with the infinite dimensional cape. after a while of me beating them, a store clerk made a bet saying that If anyone could beat me in 10 matches they get a free item under £40. I almost bricked myself...In the end however, I beat the final person with Gay-Falcon.
Yeah, at our game store, we don't even have a GC controller.
Heck, we lack a second Wiimote.
It's only single player IF they've got it up for play.
It's mostly Mario Kart.

thekingsdinner666

Smash Apprentice
Oh, god. When ever I go into Gamestop and see these little n00bs looking down at there fingers while playing Brawl, I feel so annoyed. (I have a competetive spirit) So the guy on the main counter was willing to give anyone who could beat me a free XBox. *, * I owned everyone, but I already have an XBox.

Same with Guitar Hero. xD

GenesisJLS

Smash Journeyman
I played a smart kid the other day. He actually admitted to me being too good xD Then he got his friend and they did 1 vs 2 on me >.O I was using Ike and they were trying Falco/Pit and spamming me with projectiles. (i turned on TA to be fair thank god)
Where did you play this kids the lounge?

Volt7x

Smash Journeyman
Oh, god. When ever I go into Gamestop and see these little n00bs looking down at there fingers while playing Brawl, I feel so annoyed. (I have a competetive spirit) So the guy on the main counter was willing to give anyone who could beat me a free XBox. *, * I owned everyone, but I already have an XBox.

Same with Guitar Hero. xD
Why is when I beat kids at game stores I don't get free stuff?

moonsoul

Smash Rookie
The kids I play against are usually fine with me beating them. They also don't have a problem admitting defeat towards me. However, when they play with each other that's when I start seeing them try to make excuses. That the win didn't count because the environment killed them, stuff like that.

soloSHADOWROB

Smash Journeyman
"I was going easy on you....no wait...medium?.....WTF ******* my controller aint working if it was I would **** you....daaaaaaaaad this guy is beating me".
LMFAO!
I laughed at this so hard I woulda got so annoyed too haha

haloman800

Smash Apprentice
wow, i wish someone would kick ur *** u ******, he is a little kid, if you cant handle that ur more immature than he is

Project D

Smash Journeyman
same here but the annoying ones are generally >12
IF you let them win (cause you can't be bothered to play anymore) then they'll be like
“AHAHAHAHA you *bleep* n00b, you got owned! You piece of *bleep*” OR "Use a weel cawacter, use a WEEL CAWACTER!!!"

PCHU

Smash Lord
I'm telling you playing with all these kids are more fun in Melee...
Of course.
Melee WITHOUT kids like them is more fun than Brawl.

People in my community are weird.
Most of them are n00bs and rarely ever play the game.
How do I know?
I wavedash all over the place, and it's normal to them.

Not that I want them to respect me or burst out and call me a cheater, but....
I want to see what these stereotypical kids are like.
I want to see how their mind works and how to change their views and opinions.

Honestly, all of the people in my community are smart.
I've only seen one stupid kid, and he looked to be around the same age I am.

He said that he couldn't wait until this game came out on playstation.
Keep in mind that this event occurred a few weeks ago.
He said that Melee had the best graphics out of all GC games.
He also said that I used Fox wrong because I was SHDLing.
He told me to keep on pressing the A button and Fox's laser would go to rapid fire.

He then came back about one week later and asked me if I knew how to use Fox yet.
I wanted to own his tail so badly, but I had to leave.

Vitamin_x

Smash Apprentice
Imagine playing 3 kids like this in a FFA.
IT'S A ****ING *****. D:
The fact that I lose to their stupid spamming just DESTROYS my self esteem.
I can deal with one spammer, but... 3 is a little much.

OutlawStar

Smash Apprentice
You guys sound like a jerks,
they`re just kids :)
Though I get hate on online play when you can just tell they
think they`re better than you in that they can run away and
say "You`re too slow!"Over and over again.

9Kplus1

Smash Master
they can run away and
say "You`re too slow!"Over and over again.
Hey, some people do that for fun >=(.

Kids are the same way in ANY online game. Halo 3, COD5 you name it, they think they're better than you, you (hopefully) beat them and they make up excuses to why they lost when in all reality, they just suck and don't want to admit it >_>.

Project D

Smash Journeyman
It's a never ending pattern of complaints day after day lol.
so funny if you hear them say like "I was going easy on you now I get serious!" then you get deja vu of that happening with the next kid.

MFZ95

Smash Journeyman
i had this experience,but not with a Brawl kiosk but a Guitar Hero Kiosk, there were some kids playing Guitar hero on easy and terribly failings, i asked if i could play so they said ''ok...press this button to do this and this does this..etc'' as if i don't know how to play it, OK after wards they were like ''hey look at this idiot! he's choosing expert! what a schmo!'' I choose Beat It and five starred it....man you guys should have seen how their jaws were dropped!

Ladybug

Smash Lord
It is the same with every game. Play on an all-talk server in l4d and see how much they ***** when you start win.

I used to be an ASM in a Gamestop and actually would throw kids out who started to be ***** to the other people wanting to play. It's not my job to babysit your kid in my store, let alone listen to him **** talk everyone then complain about the fact they lost. We even went as far as to set up a Wii with GC controllers so the employees could play and shut them up. :)

Top Bottom